Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So there ISNT actually 100 million then?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:38 am

Reading that statement there is no guaranteed 100 million at all.

Sold your soul for 100 pieces of silver which turned out to be chocolate money.

Re: So there ISNT actually 100 million then?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:39 am

Dont think we really had any input in this.Thanks for your comments they wont be taken on board

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:41 am

"A prudent and viable playing budget"

Hmmm, not quite competing with Real Madrid just yet then.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:42 am

Good news for true Cardiff fans. Who cares about a kit colour or badge?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:42 am

your like a welsh robson green

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 am

Cardiff Daft! wrote:your like a welsh robson green

Id false laugh if I knew what you were talking about

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:49 am

polo all the red heads will be moaning soon as possible when they see there wont be any big name signings...but they wanted it !!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:50 am

d20 wrote:polo all the red heads will be moaning soon as possible when they see there wont be any big name signings...but they wanted it !!

Well if we dont get promoted then the re-branding will be deemed a failure.

I mean, after all, we only had to play in red and all our dreams and asspirations would come true.

Suckers.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:50 am

polo wrote:Reading that statement there is no guaranteed 100 million at all.

Fully agree Polo.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:53 am

Sam was worried about the terms of the payment to him.....he settled for £10m. They wanted to give him £3m now and £7m end of season. Sam was thinkning they could turn round and f**k me over. They have offered this but now with guarantees. He holds first charge of the club if they dont pay. Will Sam accept, I think so as he has the guarantees he wanted.

They have had the plans for the training complex drawn up already and if they've involved the council on site hunting etc, they are well advanced.

As for the playing budget, we will have to wait and see, they were never gonna just openly admit to having a huge warchest though.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:03 pm

There never was a £100m. The Malaysians are liars and cheats.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:04 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:There never was a £100m. The Malaysians are liars and cheats.

good contribution, well done

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:08 pm

My pleasure. Mind you, I'm not a financial expert like you

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Debt free anyone?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:10 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:My pleasure. Mind you, I'm not a financial expert like you

where have i claimed such a thing?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:10 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Sam was worried about the terms of the payment to him.....he settled for £10m. They wanted to give him £3m now and £7m end of season. Sam was thinkning they could turn round and f**k me over. They have offered this but now with guarantees. He holds first charge of the club if they dont pay. Will Sam accept, I think so as he has the guarantees he wanted.

They have had the plans for the training complex drawn up already and if they've involved the council on site hunting etc, they are well advanced.

As for the playing budget, we will have to wait and see, they were never gonna just openly admit to having a huge warchest though.

So there ISNT actually 100 million then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:12 pm

polo wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Sam was worried about the terms of the payment to him.....he settled for £10m. They wanted to give him £3m now and £7m end of season. Sam was thinkning they could turn round and f**k me over. They have offered this but now with guarantees. He holds first charge of the club if they dont pay. Will Sam accept, I think so as he has the guarantees he wanted.

Did they say they were investing 100m?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Find where the malaysians claimed there was £100m

They didnt, it was a figure plucked from thin air at one of the meetings directly after the leak.

They have promised significant investment and showed us the plans.

Who knows if it comes to fruition, we'll have to wait and see.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
polo wrote:

Did they say they were investing 100m?

Its the figure all the pro-reds keep bumping their gums about when in fact its total bollocks.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

You can't blame the Malaysians for that tho.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:18 pm

The big question that needs to be asked is the new financial rules which come in place and how it impacts our club. Whilst the club is making a loss, the investors can only invest a maximum of 6 million into the club next season and we can only make a loss of 5-6 million next season and it would gradually decrease by 2015.

If we fail to abide by the new rules, we could risk having fines imposed onto the club by the league.

So the shirt sales are crucial as it would generate revenue elsewhere without the investment.

But one question which needs to be asked; how is the club losing over a million a month. Surely we should be sacking a few board members (corrupt ones), staff etc and getting rid of the likes of PMG, Mike Hall and Ray Ransom.

In my opinion, the whole rebranding is only taking place because we got an absolute corrupt board who are raking in all the money for themselves and the rebranding is only extra coin for their pockets.

I love Cardiff City- it doesnt bother me if we play blue or red- its the fact that we have been lied to time and time again.
Its time for us supporters to take control of the club and have some say in how we operate for the future, with ethical and sustainable policies in place.

I doubt we have got a significant budget for transfers- but if they can turn all that debt to equity I would be happy to accept that- but for me nothing is clear cut.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:You can't blame the Malaysians for that tho.

And where am I blaming the Malaysian for this?

This is a dig at all the fans who seem to think we would turn red and 100 million would miraculously fall from the sky.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:22 pm

polo wrote:

This is a dig at all the fans who seem to think we would turn red and 100 million would miraculously fall from the sky.

You listen to our fans :old: :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
polo wrote:

You listen to our fans :old: :lol:

No im not listening to them. I knew there was no 100 million thats why I am glad I didnt sell out to a load of empty talk.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:27 pm

I thought it was made pretty clear when all of this kit change started bubbling up.

The budget for players wasn't £100 million, but the overall investment was £100 million which would include a budget for players.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:27 pm

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PISS OFF AND SUPPORT SOMONE ELSE CITY ARE NOW RED!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Bobbanker89 wrote:

NO
Last edited by polo on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Frantic wrote:I thought it was made pretty clear when all of this kit change started bubbling up.

The budget for players wasn't £100 million, but the overall investment was £100 million which would include a budget for players.

The £100m didnt come from the Malaysians. A figure wasnt given out. Alan Whitely came out with it as a guide at one of the meetings.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
Frantic wrote:I thought it was made pretty clear when all of this kit change started bubbling up.

The £100m didnt come from the Malaysians. A figure wasnt given out. Alan Whitely came out with it as a guide at one of the meetings.

So it come from the CEO then. :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 pm

polo wrote:
Bobbanker89 wrote:

NO

yeah that would be another alternitive, but i woundnt advise killing yourself over a colour.