Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE BADGE

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:05 am

Regardless where you stand on the colour change I dont think anyone can deny that the badge is terrible.

They talk about going forward and moving with the times f**k me, that looks like it was designed on a ZX Spectrum.

Absolutely rubbish. Looks like a beer mat.

Re: THE BADGE

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:08 am

polo wrote:Regardless where you stand on the colour change I dont think anyone can deny that the badge is terrible.

They talk about going forward and moving with the times f**k me, that looks like it was designed on a ZX Spectrum.

zx spectrum!!! :lol:

used to do my homework while i was waiting for the tape to load...

Billy - Do you do a line in beer mats, if not, Polo wants a patent commission - great idea :lol:

it looks like a beer mat

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
polo wrote:Regardless where you stand on the colour change I dont think anyone can deny that the badge is terrible.

I had a commodore 64 with the tape :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:10 am

There's no WOW factor in the kit either...i hate it so much it hurts my eye's!!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 am

I agree the badge looks tacky. Not a lot of thought gone into it. I've seen better designs by others on this forum.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:11 am

Stubbsyd wrote:There's no WOW factor in the kit either...i hate it so much it hurts my eye's!!!

Agreed. There is no pizazz in this at all.

They talk about rebranding but it looks like someones come up with an idea, and then put it together in 2 minutes.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

Id wait 40 mins for the f*cker to load and then it would crash :x

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 am

Oi don't knock the ZX Spectrum!!

I remember my old man bringing the 48k with rubber keys home when I was 5 with 2 games, Match Point and Match Day. I also remember when it was loading I thought my ears were going to bleed with the screeching, but I had it and loved it until I RE-BRANDED and saved up for an Amiga!!!
:old:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:30 am

Honestly, the worst badge in the football league. Red, blue, and yellow? You don't have to be Cock Wan to know they look shite together. Worsened by the inflated and generic dragon, cheap font and nonsensical motto. Overall, it looks like something that was produced in a meeting and is trying to cater for everyone. Shocking.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 am

OhhhGa wrote:Honestly, the worst badge in the football league. Red, blue, and yellow? You don't have to be Cock Wan to know they look shite together. Worsened by the inflated and generic dragon, cheap font and nonsensical motto. Overall, it looks like something that was produced in a meeting and is trying to cater for everyone. Shocking.

I think someone in the ticket office designed it to save on Graphic Design costs.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

its not the best

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:35 am

It doesn't even look like a club badge, it just looks like a rough design. It's tacky, it's cheap and it's cringeworthy. Not for me thanks, I'll stick to last seasons shirt.

My son designed a better one :ayatollah:

by the way...I don't like the badge either!!

If that was the best idea put forward, then I think they should've aimed higher than asking my daugther's nursery school to have a competition to design it!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:36 am

Yep it's very poor indeed. Better designs going around this forum than that....and better shirt designs. Just glad I haven't bought a football shirt in my 20 year of supporting Diff - and never will.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:45 am

I wonder if VT himself designed it.... after all the guy is a complete megalomaniac who demands complete control, so perhaps it even stretched to insisting he designs the badge as well as has his favourite colour.....

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:34 pm

No better than this one, remember;
ccfc cross0001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.