Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has Malky let the club down?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:30 am

I am absolutely devasted by these changes.

I feel like i'm going to be supporting a completely different club next season, and i cannot get my head around how some fans are accepting these changes under ANY circumstances.

I genuinely believe that the true, most loyal, supporters who have a passion for Cardiff City and never miss a game DO NOT want to changes in these circumstances, and though there will be a few exceptions to that rule of course, i believe that the recent polls have been filled by stay-at-home/new fans who have no idea about the history/traditions/identity of this club, and i can't believe that the Malaysians have re-started the plans based on this.

Malky Mackay, as we all know, is a manager who engages with the fans and almost acts like a fan at times.

In my opinion, he should have been the voice we needed to oppose these plans and TELL the Malaysians, politely, that it would be wrong to destroy our club like this. But instead he just went along with it all and even contributed towards some of it, "fire and passion" etc.

I honestly believed that if anybody could have looked beyond the (in majority) armchair fans who were willing to accept all this to realise that most of the true supporters feel like they're having the heart ripped out of their club, it would have been Malky. But clearly not.

For that reason i've lost the passion i had behind supporting both Malky, Cardiff City, the Bluebirds that i've had in not missing a home game in at least 10 years now.

I'll still be there next season, of course i will. But it will NOT be the same. And i'm sure alot of other fans feel similarly.

Re: Has Malky let the club down?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 am

I genuinely believe that the true, most loyal, supporters who have a passion for Cardiff City and never miss a game DO NOT want to changes in these circumstances, and though there will be a few exceptions to that rule of course, i believe that the recent polls have been filled by stay-at-home/new fans who have no idea about the history/traditions/identity of this club, and i can't believe that the Malaysians have re-started the plans based on this.

Id have thought the supports club would be fans who go to away games, I thought that was the point. Wouldnt class them as stay home fans.

You can blame who you want, its Tans decision and its going ahead.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 am

maybe he was the voice for the MAJORITY? It's all Malky's fault! :roll:

You stated you hate it under any circumstances but your still going to go???

Doesnt make sense, if you hate something as much as you say you do, how can you possibly continue it.

I hate having my bollox hit with a hammer...guess what, im not going to do it.

scott_w_ccfc wrote:I am absolutely devasted by these changes.

I feel like i'm going to be supporting a completely different club next season, and i cannot get my head around how some fans are accepting these changes under ANY circumstances.

Malky Mackay, as we all know, is a manager who engages with the fans and almost acts like a fan at times.

In my opinion, he should have been the voice we needed to oppose these plans and TELL the Malaysians, politely, that it would be wrong to destroy our club like this. But instead he just went along with it all and even contributed towards some of it, "fire and passion" etc.

I honestly believed that if anybody could have looked beyond the (in majority) armchair fans who were willing to accept all this to realise that most of the true supporters feel like they're having the heart ripped out of their club, it would have been Malky. But clearly not.

For that reason i've lost the passion i had behind supporting both Malky, Cardiff City, the Bluebirds that i've had in not missing a home game in at least 10 years now.

I'll still be there next season, of course i will. But it will NOT be the same. And i'm sure alot of other fans feel similarly.

Has Malky let the clun down, FFS grow up

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:36 am

CraigCCFC wrote:You stated you hate it under any circumstances but your still going to go???

Doesnt make sense, if you hate something as much as you say you do, how can you possibly continue it.

Oh, go on, pleeeeeease? :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 am

Bit silly blaming this on Malky :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:39 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Bit silly blaming this on Malky :roll:

Let me just clear this up that i am NOT blaming this on him.

I'm just throwing it out there to see whether people believe he could have done more to stop it, on behalf of the fans?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Bit silly blaming this on Malky :roll:

Let me just clear this up that i am NOT blaming this on him.

I'm just throwing it out there to see whether people believe he could have done more to stop it, on behalf of the fans?

Doubt he would want to, its not his club at the end of the day and he is been promised funds and a new training complex, bet he is well chuffed.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:42 am

CraigCCFC wrote:You stated you hate it under any circumstances but your still going to go???

Because, as much as i hate the idea, i couldn't not go.

I travel down from Preston to watch Cardiff for every home game costing me over £1000 a year in train fares because that's how much i enjoy supporting them.

I hate all these plans. But i hate the thought of giving up watching the games and supporting the club.

Stopping going would be like "cutting off my nose to spite my face" as they say.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That made me chuckle

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:44 am

2blue2handle wrote:

Id have thought the supports club would be fans who go to away games, I thought that was the point. Wouldnt class them as stay home fans.

You can blame who you want, its Tans decision and its going ahead.

I didn't say it was just home games to be fair, i agree with you. But i go to away games too.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Malky is just a paid employee. If the first half of next season is like the second half of last season, he'll be sacked by Christmas.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Scott - We have no option. How does MM feel about City, we would have found out if it was Celtic telephoning him.

These guys have shelled out 40million its their toy, if we stop going en mass they would asset strip and flog the ground to the highest bidder probably tesco. I am starting to forget what NP looked like every time I walk out the CCS and look at those houses, in about 5 years that could be the CCS.

If I had 40 million on a project I would have a pretty good plan. We must trust the guys with the money in the club.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Haven't even read this thread, saw the title and laughed! Hope Malky can see how silly some of our fans are!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 pm

They cant sell the ground.

Council have certain guarantees for next 10 years i believe.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:45 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:They cant sell the ground.

Even if they could, no asset stripper or creditor would do that.
Its a new stadium, and a club with a big following, provided the owners show the fans respect and lawful, ethical behaviour.( Unlike scum like Tan)

Scummy Tan and his mates are just perpepuating a vile lie that they "rescued us".
And another vile lie that they can "kill the club" thro asset stripping.

Truth is, they're killing us by franchise branding.
Utter dogshit from a paddyfield. Vile country, vile ruling caste.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:13 pm

I dont see how you could blame Malky, pathetic :|

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:13 pm

I dont see how you could blame Malky, pathetic :|

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Why would a manager of a company not want huge investment which could make it extremely successful

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 pm

SavetheBluebirds wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:They cant sell the ground.

Even if they could, no asset stripper or creditor would do that.
Its a new stadium, and a club with a big following, provided the owners show the fans respect and lawful, ethical behaviour.( Unlike scum like Tan)

Scummy Tan and his mates are just perpepuating a vile lie that they "rescued us".
And another vile lie that they can "kill the club" thro asset stripping.

Truth is, they're killing us by franchise branding.
Utter dogshit from a paddyfield. Vile country, vile ruling caste.

Who are you.

You popped up when the leak came about first time, disappeared and now back when all this is confirmed.

You are obviously someone well known on here and too afraid to speak on their real account.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:46 pm

No

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:56 pm

No Malky has not let you down.

At the end of the day there is no loyalty in football anymore. It is all about the money. Malky would have been praying these proposals go through, gives him a better chance of success next season. What does success bring? Money. Simples.