Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HERES MY THOUGHTS THEN (A Laughing stock)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 am

A laughing stock

Thats what we will be if we are still a play off wannabe a year from now, we will appear to a lot of football fans as Judases.

Sold our heritage and identity for alleged success and alleged stability for a financial injection to suit a mans favourite colour. I'll be there as always kicking every ball, and would support us if we wore tin foil kits or wore pink like our egg neighbours, but i feel everyone will be wanting us to fail because this has gone ahead, I hate this, all football fans will hate this and its happened to my club, I can't believe this NON NEGOTIABLE package has already kicked off, remember "f**k modern football keep cardiff blue". Other fans were on to this.

But I will reluctantly roll with it because its still Cardiff City FC (though it doesn't feel like it and because theres nothing we can do about it) I was, and still am firmly in the blue corner, but am pissed off that an open summit wasn't put in place between the club, financial experts, football experts, Welsh FA, Cardiff council and The away club, the two main forums, club staff, and season ticket representatives.

Perhaps that way at the very least, we wouldn't have a badge that looks like the Wales Ladies Crown Green Bowls Team or one that was designed by a local Primary school competition. :oops:

My 2 year old is doing the ayatollah :ayatollah: as i type this and its upsetting me a bit, so financial stability is fantastic yes, thank you Mr Tan if you do inject the cash, but I mean seriously was red the ONLY way? And what if this controversial overhaul makes no difference to our league position ?

I wanna move on after this thread back to football and summer transfer chat, because dwelling on this change hurts me, so finally from me....

So THIS HAS TO WORK and quick, or ....................................................... (you fill in the blanks)

Re: HERES MY THOUGHTS THEN (A Laughing stock)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:03 am

great post

it does hurt to see these changes happen but I'll be there supporting Cardiff City still. I was willing to accept the change but didn't want them to happen because I wanted financial stability and wanted to know I still have a club. And like you I don't like the way they went about it and is the red really necessary ??

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:11 am

When i had this confirmed yesterday morning I was hurting. I never ever wanted to change (despite what others have said) and I thought it wouldn't come as a shock to me today.....but it has and my overiding feeling is confusing the hell out of me so god nows what you lot will make of it. I feel guilty, totally guilty about the fact I'm not feeling like some on here. Talking about the club dying and never going to CCS again. I dont feel any of that and I began questioning myself as a fan.

I've been to 72 of the league grounds, had a season ticket for well over 15 years (im 31) followed this club through everything and I'm not distraught like some on here and its freaking me out a bit.

Maybe it needs time to settle down. :cry:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:18 am

CraigCCFC wrote:When i had this confirmed yesterday morning I was hurting. I never ever wanted to change (despite what others have said) and I thought it wouldn't come as a shock to me today.....but it has and my overiding feeling is confusing the hell out of me so god nows what you lot will make of it. I feel guilty, totally guilty about the fact I'm not feeling like some on here. Talking about the club dying and never going to CCS again. I dont feel any of that and I began questioning myself as a fan.

I've been to 72 of the league grounds, had a season ticket for well over 15 years (im 31) followed this club through everything and I'm not distraught like some on here and its freaking me out a bit.

Maybe it needs time to settle down. :cry:

Believe me, you're not on your own Craig. In fact, I'm pretty sure you're in the majority. this board is a very small section of the support for the Bluebirds.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:46 am

I actually feel almost tearful today and sick to the stomach.

I hated Blackburn Man City and Chelsea when they bought success, I appreciate we are buying a future as well, but they kept their identity didn't they.

I am almost forgiving for the red (actually I am not)

BUT THAT BADGE embarrassing

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Actually, did Dai Hunt design the badge?