Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We can be as big as Real Madrid

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:27 am

This idea, hard to take but when looked at in the cold light of day, is genius.

We have seen a few clubs with rich owners who are not throwing money away for fun such as Aston Villa, really struggle to break the top 4/6 of the PL. A similar owner for Cardiff would only get us so far.

VT knows the Asian market because he is only doing this because he will make the club a fortune in turnover from it. Now, what is coming in soon...Financial Fair Play. Clubs can only spend a % of turnover. So sugar daddys are out! But if we increase our turnover, and we will if we become adopted as the official PL club of Asia, we could be an incredible club!

QPR are selling shirts out there just by being owned by a Malaysian. We will be owned, sponsored and have our culture fushioned with them. VT will surely use his TV channel to make all our games live out there.

This idea has huge potential and we must remember that in this difficult time.

Re: We can be as big as Real Madrid

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:30 am

mjw6150 wrote:This idea, hard to take but when looked at in the cold light of day, is genius.

We have seen a few clubs with rich owners who are not throwing money away for fun such as Aston Villa, really struggle to break the top 4/6 of the PL. A similar owner for Cardiff would only get us so far.

VT knows the Asian market because he is only doing this because he will make the club a fortune in turnover from it. Now, what is coming in soon...Financial Fair Play. Clubs can only spend a % of turnover. So sugar daddys are out! But if we increase our turnover, and we will if we become adopted as the official PL club of Asia, we could be an incredible club!

QPR are selling shirts out there just by being owned by a Malaysian. We will be owned, sponsored and have our culture fushioned with them. VT will surely use his TV channel to make all our games live out there.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: demented :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: oh dear :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:This idea, hard to take but when looked at in the cold light of day, is genius.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: demented :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: oh dear :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Why is that? If you disagree I want to know why? Do you think VT is just doing this to spite us?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:34 am

Something else really distasteful and nothing more than a vile confidence trick.

Pr agencies employed by scummy owners. Going on websites and pretending to be "delighted fans of the brand".

Sick, depraved, pathetic.

Know your enemy, fellow Bluebirds. The battle hasn't even begun.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:35 am

Majority of shirts in Asia are fakes you daft tw*t, how much revenue will we really get?

Some of you are sickenly gullible.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 am

SavetheBluebirds wrote:Something else really distasteful and nothing more than a vile confidence trick.

Pr agencies employed by scummy owners. Going on websites and pretending to be "delighted fans of the brand".

I've supported City since first being taken as an 8 year old by my Grandad in 1997 (play-off semi vs Northampton). These comments are not helpful.

SavetheBluebirds wrote:Something else really distasteful and nothing more than a vile confidence trick.

I've supported City since first being taken as an 8 year old by my Grandad in 1997 (play-off semi vs Northampton). These comments are not helpful.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 am

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:38 am

What's funny is nobody has a rational argument against what I've said.

mjw6150 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Why is that? If you disagree I want to know why? Do you think VT is just doing this to spite us?

You nowt hink we can be as big as Real Madrid ? Get back in th ereal world we couldnt even sell out for West Ham

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:41 am

mjw6150 wrote:

No need to go on about it :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:41 am

mjw6150 wrote:

What's funny is nobody has a rational argument FOR what I've said.

Looks like the pr company has got a spam bot running.

PS Fixed it for you, Mr Spambot.
Now crawl back under your rock in the paddy field eh?

Like its all a big joke conning football fans out of their money...

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 am

And what colour do QPR play in?????????????

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 am

mjw6150 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

They lied about transfers and lied about the rebranding,got it yet????????

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:48 am

Save The Bluebirds is blatantly Blue Sine 1908

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:53 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

You nowt hink we can be as big as Real Madrid ? Get back in th ereal world we couldnt even sell out for West Ham

When we got to the play-off final in 2003 there was enough demand from Cardiff fans to sell the Millenium out four times. We're a big club. Look at the potential catchment area of Cardiff alone, let alone we're the only club 40 miles either way.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:54 am

SavetheBluebirds wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:

What's funny is nobody has a rational argument FOR what I've said.

Looks like the pr company has got a spam bot running.

PS Fixed it for you, Mr Spambot.
Now crawl back under your rock in the paddy field eh?

Like its all a big joke conning football fans out of their money...

My computer crashed. Still no decent response in return?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 am

dazzyt wrote:

And what colour do QPR play in?????????????

The red away kit is the only shirt they have been selling in Malaysia and it's gone down well by all accounts.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:56 am

dazzyt wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

They lied about transfers and lied about the rebranding,got it yet????????

When have they lied about transfers? They've backed Malky all the way. Haven't seen Malky complain.

They made a huge error of judgement about saying we would blue but they did say they would reconsider and they have and have proceeded because of the 95% of Cardiff fans who said they would be happy/live with the proposals.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:57 am

Your type of thread is making us look a laughing stock down west again. You are an embarrassment to the proud club we once was, before we sold our souls to the devil

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:58 am

Now who was it who said that we will be as big as Barcelona in recent years ? Hmmmmmmm :evil:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:59 am

We will not be as big as Real Madrid
Our owners net is worth just under 1 Billion (800 Million I think) and Real Madrid's owners net is most probably worth 10-20 Billion

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Your type of thread is making us look a laughing stock down west again. You are an embarrassment to the proud club we once was, before we sold our souls to the devil

Who cares what Swansea think? I don't.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 am

Angry Man wrote:Now who was it who said that we will be as big as Barcelona in recent years ? Hmmmmmmm :evil:

These guys are actually pumping their own money in for real.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:06 am

CardiffCityHD wrote:We will not be as big as Real Madrid
Our owners net is worth just under 1 Billion (800 Million I think) and Real Madrid's owners net is most probably worth 10-20 Billion

China's population is 1 billion. If we appeal to just 1% of the country (1 in 100) then we could make £400m in shirt revenue a year. That's without considering Malaysia and the rest of Asia.

What is Welsh for Los Galactico's? :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:08 am

Real Madrid ................................... r u on glue?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:11 am

QPR sold 136 kits in Malaysia in the last 12 months. Do the maths on that genius.
Manchester United made justa couple of million and we will never be as big as them.
We are red temporarily because the Malaysian Arthur Daley doesn't like blue or our club.
He divided the fans. I will never forgive him for that.
He lied about us playing in blue too according to his statement.