Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is anyone going to buy the new red kit?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:28 am

It is one of the worst I have ever seen. Surely not even the pro reds would be seen dead in it.

Re: Is anyone sad enough to buy the new red kit?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 am

WE just don't buy anything related to City that is red. We continue to wear Blue If they don't sell anything they will soon chage their minds.

I knew all along that they would change the colour to Red even after they backtracked a few weeks ago. The wheels were put in motion to produce the Red Kit months ago, so there was no turning back. It takes months to put a kit together and get it porduced so this has been going on for months.

City are Blue

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:06 am

it wouldnt be so bad if the red kit looked half tidy.. but it looks dreadful...

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 am

it's the black line that makes me cringe

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 am

All it will take is one big named player, and the red kit wil sell (but wont be bought in my house)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 am

robertsm wrote:WE just don't buy anything related to City that is red. We continue to wear Blue If they don't sell anything they will soon chage their minds.

I knew all along that they would change the colour to Red even after they backtracked a few weeks ago. The wheels were put in motion to produce the Red Kit months ago, so there was no turning back. It takes months to put a kit together and get it porduced so this has been going on for months.

City are Blue

:thumbup:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 am

It says Cardiff City Fc thats who i support......I wouldn't buy it, i would have it as a gift though :|

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:13 am

I won't even buy the away one with THAT badge. Hideous.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:14 am

I usually buy both kits each season.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:15 am

It'll look just like a Man Utd shirt when its on fire!

No merchandising, no tickets.No nothing from me.
Lets do our own blue, to fund our takeover. Vincent Vampire will soon be handing the club back if we get our act together.

The away one usually spends a lot of time in the wardrobe though.

I think the home one will this season. We'll see.

OhhhGa wrote:I won't even buy the away one with THAT badge. Hideous.

Here here :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 am

support cardiff city and buy your shirts getting mine when on sale

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:27 am

I'd buy it because it's a Cardiff City shirt. Does that make me sad?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:34 pm

bananaman wrote:I'd buy it because it's a Cardiff City shirt. Does that make me sad?

You would most probably still buy one if it had Berjaya Corporation on the badge. :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:It is one of the worst I have ever seen. Surely not even the pro reds would be seen dead in it.

As a football kit I dont think the red or the blue one is that bad to be honest, ive seen worse.
However I wont be buying anything red, just a blue one for my nephew.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:It is one of the worst I have ever seen. Surely not even the pro reds would be seen dead in it.

If people want to buy the red shirt, let them buy it, don't slate them because of it. I don't think the kits are that bad to be honest, they've grown on me (go on slate me) but I definately won't be buying the red one, i'm not sure if I will buy the blue one either.

I'll probably buy both, as I do every year :ayatollah:

I had no problem in understanding the marketing rationale behind the red kit and was fully supportive, however I must say that the final article as revealed today (badge and kit) I found very underwhelming. Some of the red background blue dragon mockups that appeared on here a couple of weeks ago were stunning in comparison.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

As a football kit I dont think the red or the blue one is that bad to be honest, ive seen worse.

whether you are pro blue or pro red, the kit combined with that badge is truly awful.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

whether you are pro blue or pro red, the kit combined with that badge is truly awful.

Neither really.
I wanted a blue home kit and the old crest but if this is the only way to move forward then I accept it for now. Im not about to scream from the roof tops and start bullying peoples other options just because I cant get my way like some have been.

In saying that I did just see a clip on SSN of the team coming out of the tunnel in all red and them slowly turning it red and it did turn my stomach.

The badge as an idea doesn't bother me much, I relate to it a lot more than Sams St Davids badge (another time of progression as a club) but like you say its a shame its been so very poorly designed..

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:03 pm

My boys want it - they will have it.

Personally I will buy the away shirt - if any

Cannot see me buying a red scarf though!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:04 pm

My kids want it and they'll get it. It's the new CARDIFF CITY shirt :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:06 pm

I will support my club and buy it for my kids as usual.....so I'm sad by your logic

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:11 pm

i but the home kit every single season, not anymore i wont even buy that away kit, the badge is a disgrace, ill be wearing last years shirt at the stadium i will have nothing to do with cardiff city in red

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:15 pm

My son is desperate to get the red shirt now, me I'll probably buy the blue one when they reduce it in price come January or whenever! :) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:39 pm

As sad as it is to say then YES I would buy the red kit but I won't in fear of getting my head kicked in by someone who is against it.....

Now that is the real sad side to this!!!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:40 pm

OhhhGa wrote:I won't even buy the away one with THAT badge. Hideous.

Agreed, it's a shame cause the away kit looks very nice and the home kit looks better than I thought it would.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:41 pm

piroteczz wrote:As sad as it is to say then YES I would buy the red kit but I won't in fear of getting my head kicked in by someone who is against it.....

You probaly would get abused to be honest.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
piroteczz wrote:As sad as it is to say then YES I would buy the red kit but I won't in fear of getting my head kicked in by someone who is against it.....

You probaly would get abused to be honest.

I'm not happy with the changes but am willing to go with it so the easy option for me is to buy nothing. The badge grates on me more than the colour red because we had a dragon and a daffodil on it. You can't get no more welsh than that. The old badge as it is now would have looked a lot better or acceptable on the red kit!