OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT

Postby Merlin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 am

On behalf of the board of directors and after constructive and positive discussions with our principal investors, Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce that Tan Sri Vincent Tan and Dato Chan Tien Ghee ("our Investors") have pledged their continuing commitment to enable the club to plan for the future.

Following a comprehensive review of wider supporter feedback via email, letters, media coverage and polls run via the official Supporters Club and Media Wales and as a consequence of the above commitment, Cardiff City Football Club will also reactivate rebranding proposals with a view to exploiting and maximising its brand and commercial revenues in international markets, which it is hoped in turn will bring success to the club locally, whilst also attracting new partners and investors.

As part of this commitment, funds have been earmarked to finally resolve the historical Langston debt issue which for so long has cast a dark cloud over the club and its future. Negotiations have been continuing and a final offer has been made to those representing Langston and Sam Hammam which we believe is both fair and reasonable.

Whilst not yet concluded, we hope that both Langston and Sam will react positively and favourably to allow this long running and distracting saga to be finally closed which will be to everyone's benefit. We know that Sam has always expressed his passion for this club and has said that he will always be a lifelong friend of Cardiff City. We hope that this sentiment will shine through accordingly and look forward to welcoming him at our ground as a guest of honour in the near future.

Subject to resolution of the Langston issue, work will also continue in earnest to improve the balance sheet by driving new revenue streams, attracting new investment and converting existing debt to equity. At the same time, plans will proceed in respect of the proposed new training ground and facilities, whilst feasibility studies will continue in respect of the expansion of the stadium at the appropriate juncture. Our Investors have also fully reaffirmed their support to enable Malky Mackay to strengthen his squad for the season ahead in line with the viable and prudent budgets agreed with him.

Of the news, Cardiff City Chief Executive Alan Whiteley said, "This is a major and significant financial commitment and we are grateful to our investors for their continued confidence in this football club. In recent years the support and commitment from our Malaysian investors has given the club a much needed stability that has allowed us to move forward and away from the brink of administration, whilst allowing the club to challenge at the highest levels of the Championship.

"It is proposed that the future investment will take place principally in the form of shares and should give us every chance of delivering what we believe is the common and collective objective of the board and all Cardiff City fans. Our goal, put simply, is to work towards concluding all previous financial issues to place us on a long term financially stable platform, along with introducing structured investment in the team, stadium and infrastructure of Cardiff City Football Club to enable the club to achieve and sustain Premier League football.

"Concerning the commitment to developing the crest and to switch our primary colour to red, as directors - and as fans in our own right - we recognise that there is a history and commitment that goes with supporting Cardiff City and we are conscious and proud of the loyalty, bond and passion so many share for this club.

"At the same time, we also have to be prepared to be realistic and progressive. Sometimes in difficult economic times and challenging market conditions, in order to attract investment to survive and progress, brave, bold and compelling decisions and sacrifices need to be taken and made. By securing this investment we can safeguard the immediate and long term future of this club.

"The changes to the home kit and badge introduced as a consequence of the investment package are designed to help the club to develop its brand and to allow it to expand its appeal to as wide an audience as possible, with a view to delivering local success via an international and diverse market. As a board, we believe these changes, in the light of the benefits that will be demonstrably delivered, have been or will be accepted by the vast majority of supporters as judged in the light of the numerous emails and letters of support, backed by recent poll results from the Supporters Club and Media Wales.

"We are only too aware that the change of colour is a radical and some would say revolutionary move which will be met with unease and apprehension by a number of supporters, along with being seen as controversial by many. To those I would like to say that this was not a decision that has been taken lightly or without a great deal of thought and debate. There is no getting away from the fact that history and traditions are the lifeblood of any club and as such should be jealously guarded and preserved. Both the board and our investors fully understand and respect this and will do their utmost to uphold, protect and promote the values and virtues which the club stands for.

"However, the changes are believed to be vital to enable the club to progress to the next stage in its development and very much in the club's best long term interests. Judged in the context of the overall commitment and financial support, we believe it is the right decision for this club and where it currently stands. We hope that all supporters will appreciate these sentiments and will embrace the changes in that spirit and continue to support the club in the same loyal and passionate manner as before but hopefully with some greater feeling of security. "

Speaking of the proposals, Cardiff City Chairman Dato' Chan Tien Ghee said, "I am delighted we have been able to finalise this further investment which subject to final resolution of the thorny Langston issue, should promise exciting times ahead for Cardiff City. I am very grateful in particular to Tan Sri Vincent Tan for making this possible and for his continued commitment and support.

"I know and understand that there have been reservations in certain quarters over the changes accompanying the investment, but sincerely hope that all of our loyal fans will come to accept the changes in the spirit in which they are made and continue with their passionate and fantastic support.

"This club will always be Cardiff City Football Club and its name and heart will never change nor are any of the changes meant to destroy any part of its history or culture.

"The adoption of the new badge incorporating the proud symbol of the Welsh dragon, which was the symbol on the club's badge on the only occasion the FA cup left England with the iconic bluebird and the new red home strip very proudly places Cardiff as the capital city of Wales, whilst also recognising its history and creates a symbolic fusion with Asia which will allow us to fly the Welsh flag on behalf of Cardiff wherever we go."

On hearing of the finalisation of the investment plans, manager Malky Mackay commented," It's great news that Tan Sri Vincent Tan and our chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee have reaffirmed their commitment and investment which will allow us to take forward the exciting plans for the future of this football club which we have all been working towards. It is a testament to their vision for what this club can become and achieve.

"Since coming to Cardiff, I have been hugely impressed with the commitment and passion of the fans here. The securing of this package of investment and the breadth of vision which it encompasses should enable us to build on the progress already made in my first year and puts us in a position to take Cardiff City forward in the way which the fans deserve."

As a club, we feel that this is a historic moment in our history and whilst some of the plans are radical, this course of action will give us the security and long term backing to enable us to look forward to the future with confidence and excitement. We will all work together to implement this strategy to deliver the ultimate goal of seeing our team compete as a long term fixture in the Premier League.

The prospect of Cardiff City Football Club eventually operating on a debt free basis and with further investment to improve all aspects of our club is a turning point in its history and a moment we have all been waiting for. As a result of the investment to be made, all associated with Cardiff City Football Club can look to the future with renewed vigour and be proud to represent the capital city of Wales.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/c.c.f.c.new.era - unofficial CCFC Facebook Group of the new era!

APPLE PRODUCT REPAIRS AVAILABLE - CONTACT ME VIA PM OR USE THREAD IN THE FORUM SHOP SECTION.
Merlin

OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OFFICIAL CLUB STATEMENT

Postby thomas9990 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:06 am

that badgelooks cheap
thomas9990

Postby CCFCMorris » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:06 am

Let's hope the kits nicer than the badge :(
CCFCMorris

Postby thomas9990 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:07 am

the kit are nearlly as bad
thomas9990

Postby NIBluebird » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:07 am

AMEN !!!!

Lets hope the fans can now move on with the clubs ambitions !
Thank you malaysians for making sure that cardiff city is still a club !!! Irrespective of colour !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
NIBluebird

Postby Chip shop Alley » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 am

Decent Statement. The best way to look at this point in our history is onwards & upwards. I am a bit disappointed with the badge though.
Chip shop Alley

Postby Canton stand baz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 am

Can't belive they have gone ahead with it :shock:

Wow total shock!!!
100% plastic
Canton stand baz

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 am

Cringeworthy 99p badge the bluebird looks shit on it with all that red but that will be done away with sooner or later :( I told you the malaysians was not to be trusted VT open letter was a total lie now you can all see they never gave a f**k about us to start with, all this red vs blue crap they made out upset them was just a cover up and the scremonger crew bought it :oops: as they was doing what they wanted with or without the fans.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby milly44 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:14 am

GOOD STATEMENT. I ALSO LIKE THE BADGE
MALKY MACKAY'S BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!
milly44

Postby broadlandsblue1960 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:14 am

This pledge is good enough for me from the chairman,

"This club will always be Cardiff City Football Club and its name and heart will never change nor are any of the changes meant to destroy any part of its history or culture".

Whilst we all would have wanted this huge investment without the changes to the kit and badge, if this is the only way forward then I for one am willing to go along with them. :ayatollah:
broadlandsblue1960

Postby Canton stand baz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 am

Have to say it don't half feel weird. I was all for change but after reading that I feel weird!! It feels weird. Mmmmmm.

I have to try and get my head around this. We got to do what's best to survive but it feels strange. :o
100% plastic
Canton stand baz

Postby Jimbo27 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 am

No matter what side of the fence you're on it has to be said, that badge is shit!!!!!! Ive seen pub team crests with more imagination. A child could have put that together in 5 minutes!
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27

Postby smilebit » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 am

Laughing at the crybabies and I wouldn't say too much but the desgin of the classic 'bluebird' was shit and we all seemed to love that .

Who cares its down now end off ., Now VT has to honour his part of the bargain and inject the £100 million into the Club and get some big name Buys
smilebit

Postby Taff on the Mersey » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 am

One thing I'm sure of is when the malaysians go, so will that badge. It won't be like this forever but I'm happy and grateful to accept it now if it's means giving us that future.
Taff on the Mersey

Postby BracklaBlue72 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:24 am

broadlandsblue1960 wrote:This pledge is good enough for me from the chairman,

"This club will always be Cardiff City Football Club and its name and heart will never change nor are any of the changes meant to destroy any part of its history or culture".

Whilst we all would have wanted this huge investment without the changes to the kit and badge, if this is the only way forward then I for one am willing to go along with them. :ayatollah:

"..nor are any of the changs meant to destroy any part of it's history or cultur"?? wtf! That's exactly what the changes have done...destroyed part of the club's history and culture! You can't get a bigger part of our clubs culture than the colour we play(ed) in and the badge and nickname!
BracklaBlue72

Postby swansealad69 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:33 am

Rip ccfc.
swansealad69

Postby blue lagoon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 am

Should be this badge
Attachments
awaylogo.png
awaylogo.png (76.42 KiB) Viewed 8386 times
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:40 am

swansealad69 wrote:Rip ccfc.

Not sure how i feel about it if I'm honest. Just showed my 15 year old son the badge and kit. His words were 'f###ing disgusting. CCFC are blue'.

He is right CCFC are blue and to me they always will be. However the choice is play in red for a couple of years and possibly get in prem league or fight amongst selves drive Malaysians out and end up in admin and in lower leagues or even worse. If we end up in admin and swansea stay in prem league our fan base would shrink and that would be more of a disaster than playing in red.

If CCFC fans want a bright future then we have to back the change (however reluctantly) and support our club regardless of what colour shirt we wear.
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:44 am

smilebit wrote:Laughing at the crybabies and I wouldn't say too much but the desgin of the classic 'bluebird' was shit and we all seemed to love that .

Who cares its down now end off ., Now VT has to honour his part of the bargain and inject the £100 million into the Club and get some big name Buys

Is that all it is to the likes of you lot BIG NAME BUYS & 100 MILLION, seriously you really are that deluded to even think this as you just been lied to by them after TG's open letter how is that a word of honorable men, you idiots make my stomach turn inside for even thinking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby BOWMAN » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:45 am

NIBluebird wrote:AMEN !!!!

Lets hope the fans can now move on with the clubs ambitions !
Thank you malaysians for making sure that cardiff city is still a club !!! Irrespective of colour !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
BOWMAN

Postby Blackwood_Bluebird » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:49 am

fryman125 wrote:Should be this badge

thats looks better imo.
twitter: @bluebird_hdg

[b][color=#0000FF]Please not Trollope
Blackwood_Bluebird

Postby lord raglan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:50 am

Im open to change but the badge ..it looks like

A f*cking BEER MAT. :o
lord raglan

Postby Zabier » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:52 am

I was initially against the whole changes. I didn't even want the kit or badge changed. However, the more I talked to people the more I realised the club isn't about the kit or the badge, it's about the fans and the club name. This predicament has been coming for decades. Ever since we dropped out of the top two divisions in the 1980s we knew it would require significant investment to get us back up there. However, the longer time went on the more we needed the money to revitalise the club.

It's not an ideal situation by any means but at least we still have our club name, our fans, blue as an away kit and we play in Cardiff. I would be 100% against any more changes but I just don't think some fans understand how far up shit creek we are. It's all very well saying you'd support a new team elsewhere in the Beezer Homes League South Section B but in all honesty, that would be less of a club than we have now because of the fans, club name and players.

I will not buy the red shirt and as a matter of individual dislike towards the changes I won't even buy a blue away shirt next season. However, come August I will fulfill my promise to back Malky and the lads that I made a year ago when he took charge. Sometimes in life things happen that you don't like that you have to endure to get to where you want to be.

Make no mistake, we are still Cardiff City FC. This red kit and badge change are not ideal but it is now part of our history. I am just glad that come August I will be able to take my seat next to my brother and mate and watch the players and manager that gave us everything last season.
Zabier

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 am

Canton stand baz wrote:Have to say it don't half feel weird. I was all for change but after reading that I feel weird!! It feels weird. Mmmmmm.

I have to try and get my head around this. We got to do what's best to survive but it feels strange. :o

That is exactly how I feel.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Mafor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 am

Its a good news day --No debt worries --first time since Black Friday

Investment -training ground- extended capacity --

Sod the red shirt its a shirt and thats it--aint gonna worry us if we get promotion

If I was investing 100 million id want a pictire of my ass on the shirts.
Mafor

Postby jammsy 1927 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 am

The decision has been made, lets use this to stick together ,( there will be many piss takers especially around our competitors ) to support for our club.

Does the decision to play our home games in red, make our club ridiculous ? I think so, but there is a new world order in football,(whoever pays the taxman calls the tune) after all the fans at other clubs have always had a pop at us over every opportunity, they have said in the past we should not be able to play in the premier league , F.A,Cup final, should not be able to represent the English league in Europe.

What if it all goes wrong, money.re-branding does not buy you success sport in South Wales have tried to re brand itself, Glamorgan Dragons, with its new stadium buying the ashes, the Cardiff Blues/pinks, along with regional rugby, Rugby League, and Wrexham Dragons

I hope its not to long before we,have a major signing (Bellamy!!) there must be some good news for us in the transfer market to take the sting out of today's decision.

I really have mixed emotions at the moment

:( :( :( :( :(
jammsy 1927

Postby LutonBluebird » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:01 am

milly44 wrote:GOOD STATEMENT. I ALSO LIKE THE BADGE

Your far to positive Milly. What u been drinking while u hav been away :D
WARNOCKS WARRIORS.
LutonBluebird

Postby LutonBluebird » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:04 am

jammsy 1927 wrote:
I really have mixed emotions at the moment

:( :( :( :( :(

I think that sums it up for me :ayatollah:
WARNOCKS WARRIORS.
LutonBluebird

Postby Carpe Diem » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 am

The kit will adapt as we go and the badge could do too ad it had in the past. The key thing is that it still had a bluebird do that's the nickname in tact so once less thing for the drama queens to worry about
Carpe Diem

Postby milly44 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 am

LutonBluebird wrote:
milly44 wrote:GOOD STATEMENT. I ALSO LIKE THE BADGE

Your far to positive Milly. What u been drinking while u hav been away :D

vodka, cider, brandy, jagabombs mainly. more important things in the world than a colour of a shirt luton ;)
most people moaning dont buy or wear the shirts anyway :old:
also a dragon is far more fearsome than a lil bluebird ;)
MALKY MACKAY'S BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!
milly44

Next

Return to General Chat