Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The new kit

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:46 am

New kits look good :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:50 am

Both kits are awful and i would be saying the same even if the Blue was our home kit and both Gunnarson and Mason look pissed off modeling them :(

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 am

think both look poor to be honest.. a company like puma could and should have come up with better..

home shirt is poor... badge is dreadful.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 am

I like the kit.

The graphic of the new badge looks a bit weird. It looks alright on the kit though.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:01 am

I like the kits but the badge is a bit meh..

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:01 am

Hmmmm dont know what to make of the badge to be honest.

Kits so-so

13 letters i was looking for anyway .... Cardiff City Fc.

Thats all that matters to me. It has upset me a little, but at the end of the day it was going to happen, i embraced myself for this when it was said the first time, maybe that's why i have accepted it easier than others. I can see why people are f**ked off by it, just hope you still come down to support Cardiff City Fc not the colour of the shirt.

Personally,I can't wait for the transfer window to open and to see what Malky's got up his sleeve this season!

We are Cardiff City Fc and I Believe :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 am

Will look much better on the pitch next season!

BLUEBIRDS!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:41 am

All this change is just wrong ... :ayatollah: BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:48 am

Blue away red at home , the names the same , support Cardiff City as normal, so lets move on together.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:53 am

Hate that red and black combination - just looks wrong whether you are for or against the change. As others have said some of the designs on here were so much better - a real opportuinity missed. Certainly won't be buying it so thats four sales they have definitely lost and undecided about the blue kit too, so potentially eight sales down from me alone.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:57 am

2blue2handle wrote:Why isn't McPhail doing the kits :old:

Kits as kits look ok, the badge looks armature, although please to see the bluebird on it even if it does look like an after thought.

I agree the bluebird looks like an after thought... I think that badge was done a while ago & they add the bluebird last week.. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:58 am

LETS ALL BUY BLUE AWAY KITS!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:03 am

emma.gulley wrote:LETS ALL BUY BLUE AWAY KITS!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

That Vince Alm said on Sky Sport, we will have the biggest away shrt sales in the country :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 am

The away kit, looks like the nicest blue kit we've ever had I love it. The red kit isn't as bad as I'd thought it would be.

Badge is awful though. :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 am

Hope you don't mind me commenting as a Brighton fan but I have complete sympathy with you.

A chairman instigating measures that are seemingly unpopular without consultation with fans after (correct me if I'm wrong) a statement was released before saying there wouldn't be any major changes.

You don't seem to mind the home red shirts, after living in South Wales for a while I know the passion for the red rugby jersey, but what about your identity? Redbirds? Doesn't really have the same ring to it does it? As for the badge, that is horrific, my 18mth old could have done better.

On the positive side, if debts can be paid surely it can only be time before a new regime comes in and changes reverted.

Best advice - don't buy the new shirt, just the blue shirt if you feel you need to buy a shirt.

Looking forward to another trip already to your stadium next season, hope the issues get resolved

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:18 am

The badge is awful to be honest. The kits are ok. It´ll be interesting to see how many away and home kits they sell. I can see the Stadium looking a bit messy on match days with a mix of blue and red replica shirts and blue seats etc. It´ll probably start to look a bit like this (BELOW) and then people will really start to take the piss.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 am

scooby1973 wrote:
emma.gulley wrote:LETS ALL BUY BLUE AWAY KITS!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

That Vince Alm said on Sky Sport, we will have the biggest away shrt sales in the country :ayatollah:

I'm not buying any of that gypo shit. Sums up our board if they okayed that travesty of a badge

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:50 am

Don't like the kits, even thou red looks better than the Blue. WFT happen to the Badge, no effords at all. I could have designed a better badge at lower cost.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:58 am

Kit is crap.......hate it!!! Dont give a flying fart about colour!!!
Style is pants,have seen much better kits flying about on boards??

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:37 am

The new kits are rank they look cheap and nasty.

Im not against rebranding as look how many companies have done it previously long ago we were a football club now like every other club we are a business a business which has to make money so i appreciate that change is a must.

My problem is that we all knew this change was going to happen what the investors could of done was make the kits look half decent and have a bit of prestige about them thus improving the response from the fans.

Our kits look like a team from the J league there shocking and they may be the type of shirt that are sold abroad and they may be appealing to certain demographic but they will also alienate certain demographic's as they look really chavvy.

The badge is again shocking but at least the bluebird and the WELSH dragon is on it as opposed to some random dragon.

I just feel like before there could have been a fan vote between the badge and specially the first new kit as by involving us in the decision making process even though our opinion means nothing as we dont pay the bills would have made a big difference. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Quite like the blue kit tbf. Will be getting out and will wear it during home games :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Its not as bad as some of the kits we have had ie purple and yellow in 70s

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:22 pm

It;s alright, seen better, seen worse.

I'll probably buy both.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:05 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:Hmmmm dont know what to make of the badge to be honest.

Kits so-so

13 letters i was looking for anyway .... Cardiff City Fc.

Thats all that matters to me. It has upset me a little, but at the end of the day it was going to happen, i embraced myself for this when it was said the first time, maybe that's why i have accepted it easier than others. I can see why people are f**ked off by it, just hope you still come down to support Cardiff City Fc not the colour of the shirt.

Personally,I can't wait for the transfer window to open and to see what Malky's got up his sleeve this season!

We are Cardiff City Fc and I Believe :ayatollah:

Great post!!!

I agree that we have to just get on with and support our CLUB/TEAM and not worry about the colours they wear!!!
Debts to Sam will gone, which is a good thing (if he will play ball)
New training ground
Money for players
And maybe more capacity at the ground (which IF we get the 2020 euro's will have to be 35,000 to get any games held at the ccs)

Pretty good deal to be honest!!!

We all support Cardiff city and with all these positives that have come out of the deal, hopefully it has saved the club from a long and slow spiral into more debt and maybe even worst!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:16 pm

They should change the writting on the badge to..Est 2012.. :(

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Hate the new badge! Kit is ok, badge ruins it.

ImageImage

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:21 pm

I like the kits but not the badge. I may buy the away kit.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:29 pm

What I do nit understand is if they are investing £100m why oh why did they not get consultancy agencies and designers and make the badge and kit stand out. The badge looks like a school kid has put it together in 5minutes and both kits looks thrown together .....not appealing to buy in the slightest.

maybe the fans can get togeter and redesign both for next season as very poor

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Surely someone at the club or a member of the owner's entourage could see that this badge is poorly designed :old:

The bluebird at the bottom sums everything up for me, it's all based on the whim of someone who knows little about what they are dealing with. It's an afterthought that looks like an ink stain.

I'll reluctantly try to live with the changes but will never in a million years accept this new crest that looks like a teenager did it on his Dad's PC in 1997.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:49 pm

NIBluebird wrote:What I do nit understand is if they are investing £100m why oh why did they not get consultancy agencies and designers and make the badge and kit stand out. The badge looks like a school kid has put it together in 5minutes and both kits looks thrown together .....not appealing to buy in the slightest.

maybe the fans can get togeter and redesign both for next season as very poor

It`s not been designed for us, it`s designed to appeal to the Malaysian market.. :(