Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The new kit

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:58 am

ALL NEW KIT DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE!

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 27,00.html

Today we unveil the stylish new Cardiff City home and away kits for the 2012/13 season as designed and supplied by Puma. Once again this season we are proud to see that 'Malaysia' will adorn the front of the shirts, confirming the confidence and long term commitment our investors hold for the club.

As per the official statement launched today, from the start of the 2012/12 season, Cardiff City's primary home colour has been changed to red, while the squad will wear blue shirts as an away option. A third change kit will be shown here at a later date.

Our investors have been impressed with the passion and commitment from Cardiff City supporters for their team and want to harness these strengths to create an affinity between the club and the cultures of Wales and Asia. With that in mind and as a part of the significant investment made to give the club the best chance of succeeding in this area, they believe very strongly that there is a need to make some radical, but important changes to our brand.

Key to the strategy is to ensure that the club representing as it does the capital city of Wales projects a national identity which will resonate with potential audiences abroad.

The colour red is widely recognised as being synonymous with Welsh culture and heritage, with Cardiff the proud capital of the country. The colour also holds strong spiritual significance in Asia, where it is seen as a symbol of prosperity, power and good fortune.

It is believed that this fusion of identities and values will reinforce our strength as a visual brand across both cultures. As outlined in the club statement, Cardiff City, through our investors strong connections will be exploring ways in which to maximise brand awareness of the club across Asia, thereby delivering local success.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The new kit

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:59 am

Don't like it, even the blue one

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 am

agreed!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 am

th red ones the nicest

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:04 am

The kit is awful in both colours if they we going to change the kit could have made it more appealing

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:04 am

wtf is that badge though

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:05 am

LutonBluebird wrote:Don't like it, even the blue one

its lush :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:07 am

that badge is awful

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:09 am

surely they could of put more time in designing that badge yuck

The kit is awful in both colours if they we going to change the kit could have made it more appealing

Gonna buy the red one ASAP!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 am

Sickening

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:12 am

I feel like my heart has been ripped out.

What a terrible kit. Designs on this forum were so much better.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 am

don't mind the kits think there both quite nice but the badge WTF is that piece of shit :evil:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 am

I like the badge and the kits :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:14 am

Blazing Saddles wrote:I like the badge and the kits :ayatollah:

Your having a laugh :D

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 am

Is that badge a pisstake? A f*cking disgrace that some prick has'nt even sat down & made some effort to think of a good design, any of us could have done better than that, total lack of respect for what we stand for.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 am

dont like it at all,the badge is truly terrible

will be wearing a blue retro one this season
its going to be weird as hell seeing the club shop decked out in red :cry: :cry:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 am

Joe Mason's Face says it all :D

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 am

Seems a bit rushed the badge design, Could have been so much better :(

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 am

I like the blue kit, and the red is just meh

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 am

not much thought gone in to kit or badge design.they must have held a competition in some malaysian primary school to come up with that lot :oops:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 am

so much for VT saying we will 'definately' be playing in blue next season! he obviously failed to mention blue would be our away strip! :evil:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:25 am

Milkybarkid wrote:The kit is awful in both colours if they we going to change the kit could have made it more appealing

agreed. Both look cheap and the badge is awful.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:26 am

The red kit looks cheap and nasty

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:26 am

Red one is the nicest of the two BUT it's the BLUE one that will be in my wardrobe! I think the badge could be better but in all reality I don't really care.

THE REDS ARE GOING UP! :lol:

I am very much looking forward to this summer now. At least the news has been given one way or the other.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:31 am

Why isn't McPhail doing the kits :old:

Kits as kits look ok, the badge looks armature, although please to see the bluebird on it even if it does look like an after thought.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 am

Hate the badge, but think the kits are alright. Could have been much worse.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 am

I'm more than happy to embrace the red change ....

BUT ...

That badge is pathetic and the kits very little better.

When so many good ideas were illustrated I'm devastated to see those infant ramblings with a red, blue and yellow crayon. No style or appeal at all.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 am

CCFCMorris wrote:Hate the badge, but think the kits are alright. Could have been much worse.

I like the red one, the blue one's crap though, and so is the badge