Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:32 pm

:ayatollah:

A very funny man.

"May your god go with you".

Re: The late, great Dave Allen..

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Yep, simply outstanding comedian. :ayatollah:

Here are some of his most famous quotes:

"I still think of myself as I was 25 years ago. Then I look in a mirror and see an old b*stard and realise it's me."
"Am I the Irish comedian with half a finger? No, I'm the Irish comedian with nine and a half fingers."
"I don't go out of my way to be outrageous, I just go out of my way to look at things."
"I'm an Atheist...thank God."
"I've stopped smoking...I think the cost was a lot of it, and not being able to breathe. I first gave up smoking when I was eight."
"A good storyteller never lets the facts get in the way."
"We spend our lives on the run: we get up by the clock, eat and sleep by the clock, get up again, go to work - and then we retire. And what do they give us? A clock."
"If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, if it's sent by road then it's a shipment."
"Don't mourn for me now, don't mourn for me never - I'm going to do nothing for ever and ever (what Allen said he would like to have inscribed on his tombstone) "
"Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4340205.stm

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:41 pm

A great comedian who would of been gagged in todays world...........May your God be with you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:A great comedian who would of been gagged in todays world...........May your God be with you :lol: :lol: :lol:

top man

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm

got a best of video tape by Dave Allen. absolutely brilliant, not far behind, altho completely different, to the vintage Billy Connolly stuff...

Another fav of mine is YES, MINISTER...

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Hofmeister wrote:got a best of video tape by Dave Allen. absolutely brilliant, not far behind, altho completely different, to the vintage Billy Connolly stuff...

We shall have to get together for another away trip sometime Stef?
Last time was Burnley away about 7/8 years ago I think?

Although having that beer down Swansea marina with your car decked out in City colours was fun too! :ayatollah: :D

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Thank you, goodnight, and may your God go with you. A true genius.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:52 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:got a best of video tape by Dave Allen. absolutely brilliant, not far behind, altho completely different, to the vintage Billy Connolly stuff...

Although having that beer down Swansea marina with your car decked out in City colours was fun too! :ayatollah: :D

yea it was great, mate. and how we took the Airbus UK away section at Port Talbot... :lol:

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:48 am

Hofmeister wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

yea it was great, mate. and how we took the Airbus UK away section at Port Talbot... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Forgot about that Stef! "I think we are in the away end"! :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:52 am

SBF1 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Forgot about that Stef! "I think we are in the away end"! :lol: :lol:
:D "Get into them... SOUL CREW..." :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Slightly West, looks like it will be some time until I visit Wales next. Wanted to come next in August, but tbh I cant be arsed now, as there is no football club for me.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Hofmeister wrote:Slightly West, looks like it will be some time until I visit Wales next. Wanted to come next in August, but tbh I cant be arsed now, as there is no football club for me.

Sad times eh Stef? :(

I respect your decision, but I just cannot walk away from the Club. It is still Cardiff City only in a different colour for me.(would love it to stay Blue though)

Stay in touch on here though Stef. I know you're on FB but I don't use it so much. Should you ever come back to Wales let me know and I'll arrange a meet for a few Hofmeister's.
You should still have that German Shepherd flag at games though. It is often talked about in many and varied places. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:37 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:Slightly West, looks like it will be some time until I visit Wales next. Wanted to come next in August, but tbh I cant be arsed now, as there is no football club for me.

Sad times eh Stef? :(

I respect your decision, but I just cannot walk away from the Club. It is still Cardiff City only in a different colour for me.(would love it to stay Blue though)

Stay in touch on here though Stef. I know you're on FB but I don't use it so much. Should you ever come back to Wales let me know and I'll arrange a meet for a few Hofmeister's.
You should still have that German Shepherd flag at games though. It is often talked about in many and varied places. :ayatollah:

cheers Steve. I dont go to matches anymore, last season the only ones I watched were City at Oxford, Home v BHA, Home v Brizzle, Burnley away and Wrexham at Bath...and the flag was on display at all 5.
think I will retire now, I've let the shock sink in for a few days, but tbh I cant see myself actively supporting that rebranded team. as long as these changes stay, I am in exile. count me in if we are in the Blue Square, but as the Cardiff City we all knew, loved and felt passionate about...