Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Etuhu!!??

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Back in squad tomorrow!!?? - no reason why he shouldn't be back??

Re: Etuhu!!??

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Hopefully,

I'm pretty sure the embargo shouldn't affect existing loans so I don't think that's the reason. But it does sound a little suspect

I would have thought we would have heard more if he was back tomorrow though. We'll see :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:54 pm

O'Connor of Pompey wasnt allowed to play for Pompey under the embargo.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:14 pm

I would be surprised if we ever see him play for us again.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:22 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I would be surprised if we ever see him play for us again.

Are we in default of any payments due to Manchester City for his services under the loan contract? Somebody here may know that or be able to find out ;)

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:41 pm

I think if we weren't paying any money for him then he would be staying with us but the fact we're paying a percentage of his wage suggests he might be subject to the transfer embargo. I might be wrong though. I am sure he was meant to be out injured until mid-March anyway?

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Zabier wrote:I think if we weren't paying any money for him then he would be staying with us but the fact we're paying a percentage of his wage suggests he might be subject to the transfer embargo. I might be wrong though. I am sure he was meant to be out injured until mid-March anyway?

It's possible that we have defaulted on paying him or Manchester City in some way. If so the football league would order the loan null and void. There is something strange going on we havent seen any sight of him for months :lol: