Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Just bought a new smart phone!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Merlin wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Craig in my iPhone my emails seem to disappear after a while (after being opened).
How can I keep my emails on my phone until I delete them?

Luke, create a new email address through gmail - then go into your normal email through the providers website, and ADD your new email as the forwarding address from your current email - so that you can go into your iPhone and register your gmail as the ONLY email account on your phone. All your emails to you current address will get automatically get sent to your new gmail address - which in turn you can access from your iPhone! Understand?

I think so lol.
I currently have only one email address (hotmail) going to my iPhone tho.

What's gmail :oops:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Merlin wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Craig in my iPhone my emails seem to disappear after a while (after being opened).
How can I keep my emails on my phone until I delete them?

Luke, create a new email address through gmail - then go into your normal email through the providers website, and ADD your new email as the forwarding address from your current email - so that you can go into your iPhone and register your gmail as the ONLY email account on your phone. All your emails to you current address will get automatically get sent to your new gmail address - which in turn you can access from your iPhone! Understand?

I think so lol.
I currently have only one email address (hotmail) going to my iPhone tho.

What's gmail :oops:

Gmail is google mail :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Oh I see :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Oh I see :ayatollah:

Google mail is one of the quickest to set up on the iphone - as when you go into settings>email>create account - you only have to enter minimal email settings to access it all - so if you can set up a forwarding email address as i described to you with your current email provided (should be in the settings on their website) then you will have faster & easier access to your mail. You can then DELETE the hotmail etc (or whatever other email account you have in your iphone) and just use this one Google mail address in your iphone instead. :)

basically - the way I have it is - to log into virginmedia online, go to my email settings, tell them I want all my emails forwarded/sent to *****@gmail.com. then on my iphone the only account active is *****@gmail.com

that simple mate! :ayatollah:

p.s. - sending email though will show us as the new @gmail.com address though - so make sure anyone you are sending to - is aware that it is you.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Just had this deal e-mailed to me:-

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/deals/n ... 366030552|

Don't know if it's a good deal or not tbh, but if it helps somebody! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Just had this deal e-mailed to me:-

Don't know if it's a good deal or not tbh, but if it helps somebody! :ayatollah:

The problem there is "T-Mobile" - fecking useless if you ask me.

Best plans to be on for smart phone in my opinion is this order:

1st: 3
2nd: 02
3rd: Vodafone
4th: Orange
5th: anything else!!!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Amazed that you have converted over to a android handset Craig! :ayatollah:

My contract for my S2 is up in a few months looks like a straight upgrade to S3 for me. I am tempted to pick up the HTC One X but I heard some horror stories with the battery life.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Merlin wrote:

The reception on T Mobile was really poor for me when I was with them about 5 years ago, but as they've now linked in with Orange, I thought that their reception was now greatly improved, making them a better proposition than before? :?

I've liked the deals that "Three" have put out for quite some time, but the reception in my part of the world (Pembrokeshire), isn't supposed to be very good, so atm I'm with O2, but their reception isn't great in many places down here as well! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:58 pm

got the galaxy s3 yesterday gota say its top quality :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Merlin wrote:

The reception on T Mobile was really poor for me when I was with them about 5 years ago, but as they've now linked in with Orange, I thought that their reception was now greatly improved, making them a better proposition than before? :?

I've liked the deals that "Three" have put out for quite some time, but the reception in my part of the world (Pembrokeshire), isn't supposed to be very good, so atm I'm with O2, but their reception isn't great in many places down here as well! :ayatollah:

I spend a bit of time down in Pembroke delivering and can confirm 3's signal is pretty good down there ;)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:01 pm

S3 came earlier! GREAT phone but take some getting use to after using iOS for 2yrs! :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Merlin wrote:S3 came earlier! GREAT phone but take some getting use to after using iOS for 2yrs! :lol:

I never thought id see the day Merlin, thought to were always going to be an Apple fanboy! you certainly helped me out loads via the facebook jailbreak help group, hope you keep that up at least!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Gavlar wrote:
Merlin wrote:S3 came earlier! GREAT phone but take some getting use to after using iOS for 2yrs! :lol:

I never thought id see the day Merlin, thought to were always going to be an Apple fanboy! you certainly helped me out loads via the facebook jailbreak help group, hope you keep that up at least!

I still jailbreak - repair - etc

Just fancied a change ;)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Gavlar wrote:

I still jailbreak - repair - etc

Just fancied a change ;)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:06 am

Did the email thing and seem to work.
Emails a little slow coming through but I'd rather it all coming to one box :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:28 am

i dont believe you craig. you will deffo be all over the iphone (5?) when it comes out mate lol!

p.s. dont wait till then to get your ipad 3 get it now. mines lovely ;)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:49 am

Cant wait to get my pay as you go phone back. Sick of being overcharged every month on my contract