Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: AS A KID GROWING UP

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Can i hit you first? :lol: only joking mallo - im in a wierd mood tonight :?[/quote]
i would spar with you for a warm up no problem i hit the weirdness out of you and put you in a straight state of mind for free[/quote]

:cat: :boxing:[/quote]
:bootyshake: :violent1: HAPPY DAYS ! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 pm

An Architect, from around 0.3 years old had my heart set on it for many years until I was about seven years old then decided that I'd spill the beans on the Pyramids, who built them and why.Then discovered I'd be required to learn a language, totally threw me for a few years, then decided to myself that the stuff I was taught was complete bollox, developed my own system of mathmatics invented or rather rediscovered gravity theory. Can't write about that though, might meet with a nasty accident like the many people before me, still not the end of the world though is it, well not for three years anyway, I still think humans will survive, we did before, we'll probably do so again. If I was Obamah I save the meerkats first, I think they'd a good job for this little rock, I love dog's but they're too domesticated now, penguins may make it, they're quite used to the cold but got to be Meerkats, they're cute as well.

Always remember Meerkats may look bristolian, but check their fingers, five, they are bluebirds at heart one day in the not too distant future Meekats will replace the singular celled organism's of the left that run this percular outpost.

KEEP SAFE, SLEEP TIGHT, DON'T USE DEEP HEAT

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:12 pm

mallo wrote:Can i hit you first? :lol: only joking mallo - im in a wierd mood tonight :?

i would spar with you for a warm up no problem i hit the weirdness out of you and put you in a straight state of mind for free[/quote]

:cat: :boxing:[/quote]
:bootyshake: :violent1: HAPPY DAYS ! :ayatollah:[/quote]

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 pm

i wanted to join the army. passed the exams but failed the medical because i'm a diabetic. gutted. trying to get my boys to sign up but their mothers are not willing.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:25 pm

jamccfc wrote:i wanted to join the army. passed the exams but failed the medical because i'm a diabetic. gutted. trying to get my boys to sign up but their mothers are not willing.

it the other way round with me
my mother thinks its great that I want to serve my country, she said I will experiance a much different life to others but my dad on the other hand says "i have not raised you for the last 16 years for you to go and get shot or blown up"

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Thomas Fish. wrote:
jamccfc wrote:i wanted to join the army. passed the exams but failed the medical because i'm a diabetic. gutted. trying to get my boys to sign up but their mothers are not willing.

my mother thinks its great that I want to serve my country, she said I will experiance a much different life to others but my dad on the other hand says "i have not raised you for the last 16 years for you to go and get shot or blown up"

my nephew is in the army and he has been to Afghanistan and lost mates due to under funding. get a trade

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:34 pm

rob wrote:
Thomas Fish. wrote:

my nephew is in the army and he has been to Afghanistan and lost mates due to under funding. get a trade

Its really hard to get a trade mate. I've been looking for an apprenticship in plumming for 4 months now, I think I've rung every plummer in the Merthyr area :lol: These days its a case of who you know.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 pm

sam salim wrote:I wanted to be a paratrooper after doing two years with the army cadets but it never came off as a was afraid of flying :roll: so i went into the steel industry in sheffield and became a fitter!!!!! :?

Bit dangerous working in a steelworks with epilepsy isn't it... :lol: :roll:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Up until around 15 I always wanted to be a pilot or an architect, but when I turned 16 it suddenly dawned on me that skipping school and not doing my schoolwork put an end to those dreams.

Left school at 16 and become a apprentice plumber, went self employed at 19 as a plumber/events construction. Had some great times as you would spend around 6 months travelling and exploring lots of different places.

I remember finishing working on the Eisteddfod in Cardiff and I went to Los Angeles/Vegas/San Diego to celebrate my 21st birthday, a week after I got back I tore the cruciate ligaments in my knee and also the cartilage.
With me being unable to work for around 6 months and all the work I had lined up gone, together with the recession I felt that a change of career was the best option.

Successfully got a job for a insurance firm in Aberystwyth, I am know on my way to getting my diploma and am quickly working my way up the ladder.
Best decision I ever made, my family have always worked in Insurance/Financial services which benefited me greatly. Now I have a secure job, and a good wage, with the best yet to come.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 am

Got a good job as it is.

But i'm trying the Navy to be a Pilot, been trying for 2 f*cking years :lol:

I will get there some day :ayatollah:

For those of you who see the forces as a "way out", think again.
I've wanted to be a pilot since the age of 13 in the forces, got the grades now i'm subject to a medical, fitness and aptitude (after passing an physcometric test) .

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:05 am

boxer

or married to a rich bird

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:57 am

i want to be an electrician or electric engirneer but cant find an aprentaship for next year. got the practical stage for western power at end of month. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:59 am

I initially wanted to be a swimmer but poor health stopped that. The training sessions (swimming 8 sessions a week) caused my kidneys to excrete too much protein so it was either stop swimming or carry on and get kidney stones before the age of 20.

I then focused on being a journalist but after doing a module on it in university realised I didn't want the stress so focused on communication disorders. Don't know what I want to do any more but communications and media is an area I'd like to go into.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:09 am

A motoring journalist. I still do really and the biggest regret of my life is not pursuing my passion for cars and taking it up

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:15 am

ackers1927 wrote:I always wanted to go in the Special Forces, like the SAS. But that got thrown out of the window when i fell in with the wrong crowd.

I joined the SAS in 1981 love it until I got thrown out for bullying..... :lol:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 am

wanted to be Old Bill, got turned down twice :(

still a dream.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:52 am

Thomas Fish. wrote:
Its really hard to get a trade mate. I've been looking for an apprenticship in plumming for 4 months now, I think I've rung every plummer in the Merthyr area :lol: These days its a case of who you know.

It really is a bad time ATM, but persistance is the only way when you haven't got the advantage of being in the know.

Firstly sign up for a plumbing college course so that you have something practical to fall back on, secondly get someone to right you a top rate lick arse letter enquiring about plumbing apprentiships, ammend it for each plumbing firm in the Merthyr area and post it out.

Firms often keep letters on file in case they are looking for someone, you might just get lucky.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 pm

Jez wrote:
mrs harry ramsgate wrote:i wanted to be a topless dancer in the chamond club in porth. :lol:

Surely now you got ya boob job done you can apply for a stint on a wednesday night (wont interfere with ya bingo then hun)

;)
.... jez i have given the bingo up now and the boobs are still a bit saw after the op but a good idea :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:22 pm

mrs harry ramsgate wrote:
Jez wrote:
mrs harry ramsgate wrote:i wanted to be a topless dancer in the chamond club in porth. :lol:

Surely now you got ya boob job done you can apply for a stint on a wednesday night (wont interfere with ya bingo then hun)

;)
.... jez i have given the bingo up now and the boobs are still a bit saw after the op but a good idea :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 pm

rob wrote:
Thomas Fish. wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What did you want to be when you left School.

Mine was the RAF, but My father needed me to go to Yorkshire when I was 16 and I continued working in Night Clubs.

This is a question I'm asking myself now..
I want to join the army but I dont think I'm physically strong enough
I want to be a plummer but I cant find an apprenticship

its making me go nuts ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

not the best time to join the army mate, money shortage means lack of equipment and training, get yourself a trade mate

Shortage of equipment...perhaps yes due to being overstretched, but are never undertrained, British soldiers are known as the best in the world for a reason, the high amount of quality training!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 pm

andi_cardiff wrote:
rob wrote:
Thomas Fish. wrote:

not the best time to join the army mate, money shortage means lack of equipment and training, get yourself a trade mate

Shortage of equipment...perhaps yes due to being overstretched, but are never undertrained, British soldiers are known as the best in the world for a reason, the high amount of quality training!

mate of mine be in marines 13 years and wont quit luvs it, and tells me the ynaks and other nations are jealous of how well our forces operate.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:45 pm

The Rhooster wrote:
mate of mine be in marines 13 years and wont quit luvs it, and tells me the ynaks and other nations are jealous of how well our forces operate.

Big time they do mate, have worked with Italian, Romanian, Americans, Dutch and many other nations and they were always banging on about how they wish they could be in our shoes!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Thomas Fish. wrote:

Mine was the RAF, but My father needed me to go to Yorkshire when I was 16 and I continued working in Night Clubs.

Join the R.A.F their not as tough physically, go to college and do plumbing.. I always wanted to join the army , i had 2 weeks until I started my training and i git done for arson (yes I was a tw*t but it was a forest not someones house) ... Ended up going to jail join not long after so wasnt allowed to join the army for ten yrs which was up last year.. Bit old now ha ha

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:03 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:
Thomas Fish. wrote:

Join the R.A.F their not as tough physically, go to college and do plumbing.. I always wanted to join the army , i had 2 weeks until I started my training and i git done for arson (yes I was a tw*t but it was a forest not someones house) ... Ended up going to jail join not long after so wasnt allowed to join the army for ten yrs which was up last year.. Bit old now ha ha

I've just spent the last hour looking at the RAF website and I've now got a info booklet coming in the post :ayatollah: