Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Rebranding: How far would you go?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:53 pm

I'm on my limit.....the second the name goes.......I'm done

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:04 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:I'm on my limit.....the second the name goes.......I'm done

If you are talking about the name "Cardiff City" then I don't think that has ever been an option.
that really would be a bridge too far.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm

bspark wrote:
Jes wrote:
bspark wrote:For me they can change the stadium name and tweak the badge, anything else and I'd boycott until the changes were reversed.

That's a fair one. How far would you allow badge tweaking" Is removal of the bluebird ok with you?

I am open to ideas but think it would have to have a bluebird on it somewhere even if it was a bluebird being eaten by a dragon.

Could it not shit on the dragon instead?

To be honest, what you said above is probably as far as I'd go. I'm a bit of a traditionalist that way, we went to stripes up here for two years and I hated it - we never did wear stripes in the past and I really hope we don't in the future. Changing colour is a big no no - you can promise me the earth but I won't go for it.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Rebranding: How far would you go? ALL THE f*cking WAY FOR A £100 MILLION :old:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:17 pm

stickywicket wrote:Rebranding: How far would you go? ALL THE f*cking WAY FOR A £100 MILLION :old:

that's the diference with me and you then Sticky.
The money is not a factor for me.
I am stating my views regardless of money although to be fair i can understand why money is a factor for some.
I don't want change at all but i am prepared to compromise wether or not money comes into it...as i stated...if the Bluebird was no longer part of our badge i would walk. As it stands they are my views. I may change them in the future but i'm personally not ready to yet
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 pm

stickywicket wrote:Rebranding: How far would you go? ALL THE f*cking WAY FOR A £100 MILLION :old:

Well hopefully they'll start splashing the cash soon then.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Jes wrote:

I am stating my views regardless of money although to be fair i can understand why money is a factor for some.
I don't want change at all but i am prepared to compromise wether or not money comes into it...as i stated...if the Bluebird was no longer part of our badge i would walk. As it stands they are my views. I may change them in the future but i'm personally not ready to yet

Jes, they originally stripped us of the Bluebird and our nickname in the first meeting, so they have given us it back, a mini one for one season. :cry:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jes wrote:

Jes, they originally stripped us of the Bluebird and our nickname in the first meeting, so they have given us it back, a mini one for one season. :cry:

I know this Annis and i'm very disapointed by it as are you i know.
I detest the current badge and believe some of the mock ups ive seen pictured on this site would have been much more favourable.