Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Meeting with PR.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Next week I'll be in Wales and with 3 other City fans we will be asking PR questions in a recorded TV show that will be shown some 3-4 days later.

If you have anything that you'd like us to ask please state here...... I wont bother reading offensive questions.
Last edited by Owain on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Meeting with PR.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Should we continue until the end of the season without administration can we expect mass sales and only free transfers like reported in the media and like we did when Dave Jones first took over?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:34 pm

How can you keep saying we have reduced the debt, when we have not paid anything back to Sam and if we have at best it's one month of the 83 grand agreed.

We have sold over 25 million pounds worth of Sam players, and yet we are in a bigger debt and financial meltdown than at any other time on record.

You keep blaming the problems on the debt you inherited, yet you ain't paid any of it back and also you blame the over spend on fitting out the stadium, but it would appear that no one has been paid for the work anyway, and if there was such an overspend, as the CEO aren't you the man charged with keeping it within budget, yet you couldn't do that and still took another bonus, this time of 100 grand, yet we have creditors queing up to serve us with winding up orders allegedly.

You keep saying we don't owe a penny to the banks, but omit to say it's only because no bank will lend us any money, yet we owe loads to so many others, Sam, PMG, CMB, Michael Isaacs, and some of this debt at huge interest charges over an above what a bank would charge us.

Do you think your a fit pesron to run a club like Cardiff when you are still in dispute over your personal tax situation and some of the actions you took in trying to avoid paying tax on the prefferential shares you awarded yourseelf, allegedly.

And isn't there a possibility you may be forced to quit as a director of any business because of these actions, allegedly.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Should we continue until the end of the season without administration can we expect mass sales and only free transfers like reported in the media and like we did when Dave Jones first took over?

OK 2Blue..... The prog. will be aired on S4C and will be chaired by Alun Wyn Bevan...... fans are John McPherson a local guy who was a Liverpool fan and started following his local club the season of our FA Cup Final appearance, Robert Lewis who bought 5 ST's on the promise of money back if we got promoted, Rachiid Khan and my good self.

I'll update exact viewing time next week.

Cheers.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 pm

ianfens wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Should we continue until the end of the season without administration can we expect mass sales and only free transfers like reported in the media and like we did when Dave Jones first took over?

OK 2Blue..... The prog. will be aired on S4C and will be chaired by Alun Wyn Bevan...... fans are John McPherson a local guy who was a Liverpool fan and started following his local club the season of our FA Cup Final appearance, Robert Lewis who bought 5 ST's on the promise of money back if we got promoted, Rachiid Khan and my good self.

Cheers.

"John McPherson a local guy who was a Liverpool fan and started following his local club the season of our FA Cup Final appearance"

Sigh... a plastic...

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:12 pm

nerd wrote:
ianfens wrote:

Cheers.

"John McPherson a local guy who was a Liverpool fan and started following his local club the season of our FA Cup Final appearance"

Sigh... a plastic...

John is a very articulate guy....... he'll be asking questions on behalf of other fans too.

What's the problem?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Ian,

You could ask something along the lines of ........

Due to the current economic depression many companies have had to undertake severe cost cutting measures, my company for example have asked staff to take a salary reduction in order to assist short term cashflow. would you be prepared to take a salary reduction yourself? After all you keep saying this is a short term or temporary cash flow issue so a voluntary reduction of say 20% for six months would save the club a small amount of money and would show that you do actually care about the club rather being a horrible money grabbing c**t!

For added comedy value you could say, of course Pete that will mean you pay a bit less tax as well.......

You'll probably need to edit the last sentance as well for TV by taking out the word "horrible" :lol:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:34 pm

ianfens wrote:John is a very articulate guy....... he'll be asking questions on behalf of other fans too.

I personally don't have a problem now that he's seen the light.

However, I would be interested to know if he's marching on Saturday or indeed "anti-Ridsdale" for want of a better term.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:37 pm

ianfens wrote:What's the problem?

No problem per se. Missed a smiley.

Glad he's seen the light et al, but he's hardly someone capable of making a massive contribution based upon his passion for the club, knowledge of the club if he's been a fan for what, 2 seasons?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:42 pm

nerd wrote:

Glad he's seen the light et al, but he's hardly someone capable of making a massive contribution based upon his passion for the club, knowledge of the club if he's been a fan for what, 2 seasons?

If we are to progress as a club then we need more converts to the cause so whilst I totally understand your point us "older" supporters do need to show the newcommers a bit respect. Unless of course they tell you to sit down, stop swearing, singing, pissing on them in our new stadium, etc then it is perfectly acceptable to stick the nut on them......... :lol:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Can't see the the point in giving the man any more public relation acts. Besides, every question asked will be met with the usual bullshit. The man has been found out as a lying devious b*stard & no amount of spin can disguise it, he's taking the piss out of us & i don't think anymore interviews are neccesary, it just stalks the fire.

nerd wrote:

He has missed a total of 5 games since.....mainly I think because he went to some big Rugby games...... he's an all round sports fan.

You have to remember......most of our fans jumped on the bandwagon at some stage.

We werent getting regular crowds of 20 k a few seasons ago.

ianfens wrote:Next week I'll be in Wales and with 3 other City fans we will be asking PR questions in a recorded TV show that will be shown some 3-4 days later.

If you have anything that you'd like us to ask please state here...... I wont bother reading offensive questions.

why does he ban journalists/reporters ?? particularly those that print/run the true and accurate facts.???
you can e.mail me or call 07973688285 if you want,i will give you more details THANKS :) :) :)

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:47 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:Can't see the the point in giving the man any more public relation acts. Besides, every question asked will be met with the usual bullshit. The man has been found out as a lying devious b*stard & no amount of spin can disguise it, he's taking the piss out of us & i don't think anymore interviews are neccesary, it just stalks the fire.

Isn't the march demanding answers?

You can't get an answer without a question.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:48 pm

Is it going to be in welsh?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Ian, yes you're right but the man is a compullsive liar & no one believes a word he says.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Is it going to be in welsh?

I dont think PR is a Welsh speaker ;-)

I of the lads is a welsh speaker but there are other guests later in the show....... so that very well might be in Welsh.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:59 pm

ianfens wrote:
nerd wrote:

He has missed a total of 5 games since.....mainly I think because he went to some big Rugby games...... he's an all round sports fan.

You have to remember......most of our fans jumped on the bandwagon at some stage.

We werent getting regular crowds of 20 k a few seasons ago.

Ahhhh.... he's an egger..... you're just winding me up, aren't you? :lol:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:19 pm

I have to submit a list of questions by 3pm tomorrow to the production staff.

We are only representing ourselves as " individual fans" and do not claim to represent any fans organisation.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:03 pm

What with the bickering of March and Trust etc etc I thought Id amuse myself with outsiders getting to ask PR questions on TV.

I thought the Liverpool / Rugby fan......the fan whose only interest was in getting his money back and using poor old Raciid Khan (nothing wrong with tokenism) would have been copped onto.

Even Rugby commentator Alun Wyn Bevan chairing the meeting was over looked.

I was going to throw in PR would only meet us real fans not March organisers or Trust members but thought that would be pushing it a bit.

We are all City fans and we need a little humour from time to time.

Apologies to fans who gave very good points in their questions.

I was pissing myself as I was writing........ than ks for the laugh.

I was going to leave until tomorrow until Nerd copped onto it....... eventually. ;-)

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:09 pm

ianfens wrote:What with the bickering of March and Trust etc etc I thought Id amuse myself with outsiders getting to ask PR questions on TV.

I thought the Liverpool / Rugby fan......the fan whose only interest was in getting his money back and using poor old Raciid Khan (nothing wrong with tokenism) would have been copped onto.

I was going to throw in PR would only meet us real fans not March organisers or Trust members but thought that would be pushing it a bit.

I was going to leave until tomorrow until Nerd copped onto it....... eventually. ;-)

Knew all along, was playing along with you... :lol:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm

nerd wrote:
ianfens wrote:What with the bickering of March and Trust etc etc I thought Id amuse myself with outsiders getting to ask PR questions on TV.

Knew all along, was playing along with you... :lol:

So the PM asking to be a sub. in case someone dropped out was part of it too? ;-)

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Approximatley how much do the club need to raise to get over its short term financial problems?

Are there any plans to offer a share issue to both directors and supporters?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Approximatley how much do the club need to raise to get over its short term financial problems?

Erm.......sorry. ;-)

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:19 pm

ianfens wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Approximatley how much do the club need to raise to get over its short term financial problems?

Erm.......sorry. ;-)

just edited the orig. post :lol:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:22 pm

Owain wrote:
ianfens wrote:

Erm.......sorry. ;-)

just edited the orig. post :lol:

Yeah I know...... but why?

I thought I made it clear it was.

I now wish I had kept quiet........Id have pissed myself if it appeared on another Board....main page........ PR to give tv interview.

I still havent given up on the Echo. ;-)

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:27 pm

You tw*t Ian, I copied and pasted that to CCMB..............

They're having a field day over there :shock:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:30 pm

ianfens wrote:

I now wish I had kept quiet........Id have pissed myself if it appeared on another Board....main page........ PR to give tv interview.

I thought you felt guilty that people were posting up actual questions after you told them it was a wind up

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:You tw*t Ian, I copied and pasted that to CCMB..............

They're having a field day over there :shock:

LOL brilliant.

When I wrote it I imagined City fans saying........ FFS these johnny come latelys get on TV and we are organising a March and we have a Trust etc.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:36 pm

Owain wrote:
ianfens wrote:

I thought you felt guilty that people were posting up actual questions after you told them it was a wind up

Me feel guilty?

Not a chance. ;-)