Re: hammers bid

Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:5m each or for both?

he was playing for his team or training an was told 5 mill
for both 2blue,i dont know if it is true what he has heard
just thought someone else might of heard nything

Tue May 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Whittingham and Turner in a trade for Tomkins and Collison would be a better deal. I'm okay with that.

Tue May 22, 2012 10:53 pm

sleepers wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:5m each or for both?

he was playing for his team or training an was told 5 mill
for both 2blue,i dont know if it is true what he has heard
just thought someone else might of heard nything

I can't see city selling them both at that price.

It wouldn't surprise me West Ham being interested though.

Tue May 22, 2012 10:55 pm

hope not we should be adding players not reducing
might just be kids talk i hope

Tue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm

To be honest I would sell Whittingham now as this is probably the final close season where you would get good money fo him.

In my opinion he gets lost in too many big games and cant tackle to save his life!!!

We only brought him for £250,000 so we would make a good profit on him.

Tue May 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Thats an old rumor really. West Ham wanted Wits in January, and also expressed interest in Turner late on. But that price for both....no chance.

Tue May 22, 2012 11:08 pm

£5m for both? No way.

I wouldn't accept anything under £7m for both.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 11:10 pm

mr moose wrote:Thats an old rumor really. West Ham wanted Wits in January, and also expressed interest in Turner late on. But that price for both....no chance.

that my son for you,someone prob someone said it awhile ago an it only just
registered,most times i only get a grunt at feeding times

Tue May 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Jollffe wrote:£5m for both? No way.

I wouldn't accept anything under £7m for both.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

in this day and age!!!!

Tue May 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Angry Man wrote:To be honest I would sell Whittingham now as this is probably the final close season where you would get good money fo him.

In my opinion he gets lost in too many big games and cant tackle to save his life!!!

Gets lost in big games? Two assists in the play-off final, a goal against Leicester in each leg of the play-off semi-final, two first-class deliveries from corners which caused havoc in the Liverpool penalty area in the Carling Cup final, leading to Turner's equaliser. There's more.

I've never understood people who care so passionately about his ability to tackle :lol: Bluebird64 is another one who likes to kick up a fuss about it. Who cares if he doesn't steam into tackles like Michael Brown? He can score goals like the one against Reading and the one against Barnsley to name just two. The one at home against Coventry this season (and come to think of it, the one he scored against them at the Ricoh) was technique of the highest order.

Essentially, what Malky has said is that there's no way he'd sell him. Thankfully he is manager and nobody else.

Tue May 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:To be honest I would sell Whittingham now as this is probably the final close season where you would get good money fo him.

Gets lost in big games? Two assists in the play-off final, a goal against Leicester in each leg of the play-off semi-final, two first-class deliveries from corners which caused havoc in the Liverpool penalty area in the Carling Cup final, leading to Turner's equaliser. There's more.

I've never understood people who care so passionately about his ability to tackle :lol: Bluebird64 is another one who likes to kick up a fuss about it. Who cares if he doesn't steam into tackles like Michael Brown? He can score goals like the one against Reading and the one against Barnsley to name just two. The one at home against Coventry this season (and come to think of it, the one he scored against them at the Ricoh) was technique of the highest order.

Essentially, what Malky has said is that there's no way he'd sell him. Thankfully he is manager and nobody else.

What happened to him in the Reading play off semi finals then, the Blackpool final, the Portsmouth final, the shefrfield wednesday final day, the West Ham play off games and shall I go on..?

Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 am

Angry Man wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

What happened to him in the Reading play off semi finals then, the Blackpool final, the Portsmouth final, the shefrfield wednesday final day, the West Ham play off games and shall I go on..?

Reading playoff semi final the whole team went missing. Blackpool final he assisted for both our goals. Portsmouth he was part of a team who played well and didn't deserve to lose, he took the corner that lead to the Loovens goal which was wrongfully disallowed when he lobbed the keeper. Sheffield Wednesday he played down the left and was one of only a few players who looked like creating something. The West Ham games he had a mare in the home leg and the team didn't turn up for the second leg.

To summarise, Whittingham HAS contributed in the big games, and the games he hasn't contributed much was because the team didn't turn up. Whitts did have a shocker in the home leg against West Ham, but that's partly because we are too predictable and teams are now sussing us out knowing if they shut Whitts out, they've got the better of us. Whitts can't do it all on his own, if we didn't have him this season we would be no higher than mid table. Whitts isn't a machine, he's a human being just like everyone else, there's been such a reliance on him this season and next season he needs players in the team with him who can help him out.

Getting back on the topic, I agree with the comment above that I wouldn't take less than 7 million for the pair of them. :ayatollah: