Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

After two years of fighting D-Day is Thursday

Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm

As many of you know due to the fact that Ive had help along the way from members on here I will be attending court on Thursday as I am owed thousands by a low-life human being.

I honestly cant see any reason why I shouldn't win this case (however I did say that about the election and look what happened) but legal advisors have been constantly telling me the same thing throughout this dreadful period. It has put my family under so much stress and heartache that god knows what I would do to the person in question if I come across her in a dark alley!!!

Anyway, has anyone been in my situation and after judgement is entered what is the best move for me then..? As different people are telling me different things I was wondering if anyone has gone through a similar experience to myself regarding a civil matter..?

Re: After two years of fighting D-Day is Thursday

Tue May 22, 2012 10:56 pm

in what capacity does this person owe you the money?
is it business or personal, as in is it a business debt or a personal loan.
ive been through this after a guy who owed me 4 grand chased him through the courts and he now pays 50p a week until the debt is payed off.
if your looking for a moral victory you will get it, if your looking for your money back id keep your fingers crossed and start praying.
good luck though

Tue May 22, 2012 11:05 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:in what capacity does this person owe you the money?
ive been through this after a guy who owed me 4 grand chased him through the courts and he now pays 50p a week until the debt is payed off.
if your looking for a moral victory you will get it, if your looking for your money back id keep your fingers crossed and start praying.
good luck though

Its a personal deal and I dont want to go much into it really because you dont know whos reading this.

Whilst I fully agree with you that I would be more likely to get a moral victory if I'm honest with you I want to make this person suffer as much as possible.

Have you put a charge on their property or considered sending the baliefs in..?

Tue May 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Angry Man wrote:
good luck though

Its a personal deal and I dont want to go much into it really because you dont know whos reading this.

Whilst I fully agree with you that I would be more likely to get a moral victory if I'm honest with you I want to make this person suffer as much as possible.

I can understand you not wanting to go into details
the debt owed to me was a business debt and he claimed his business went under so the money was owed by the business not himself so I couldnt target his personal wealth (I never really understood it at the time but my solicitor seemed to know what he was doing lol).
as for a personal debt I dont see why you cant target their personal wealth but you would have to move fast before they transfer their wealth and assets to another person making them effectively penniless and still paying you 50p a week.
Im not an expert mind so best thing to do is ask legal advisors all I know is their seem to be more ways of getting around not paying debts than their are to claiming back what is rightfully yours.

Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 pm

good luck angry man, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 11:32 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
good luck though

the debt owed to me was a business debt and he claimed his business went under so the money was owed by the business not himself so I couldnt target his personal wealth (I never really understood it at the time but my solicitor seemed to know what he was doing lol).
as for a personal debt I dont see why you cant target their personal wealth but you would have to move fast before they transfer their wealth and assets to another person making them effectively penniless and still paying you 50p a week.
Im not an expert mind so best thing to do is ask legal advisors all I know is their seem to be more ways of getting around not paying debts than their are to claiming back what is rightfully yours.

Yeah only by a stroke of luck on my part that its actually a personal debt and not a business debt. Its only over the two years in question that Ive been able to understand the difference between the two so Ive got an up to date land registry document which still states that they own their property so will be targarting that at least. Ive been receiving advise legally and it looks like an easy win for me but you never know I guess.

People who act like this should be banged up for what they put others through!!! :evil:

Tue May 22, 2012 11:37 pm

sleepers wrote:good luck angry man, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers mate

Tue May 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
good luck though

Yeah only by a stroke of luck on my part that its actually a personal debt and not a business debt. Its only over the two years in question that Ive been able to understand the difference between the two so Ive got an up to date land registry document which still states that they own their property so will be targarting that at least. Ive been receiving advise legally and it looks like an easy win for me but you never know I guess.

People who act like this should be banged up for what they put others through!!! :evil:

hey well good luck your money should be in your hands

Wed May 23, 2012 7:14 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
good luck though

hey well good luck your money should be in your hands

cheers Jonny, all I've ever wanted is what is owed to me

Wed May 23, 2012 8:23 am

Angry Man wrote:As many of you know due to the fact that Ive had help along the way from members on here I will be attending court on Thursday as I am owed thousands by a low-life human being.

I honestly cant see any reason why I shouldn't win this case (however I did say that about the election and look what happened) but legal advisors have been constantly telling me the same thing throughout this dreadful period. It has put my family under so much stress and heartache that god knows what I would do to the person in question if I come across her in a dark alley!!!

Anyway, has anyone been in my situation and after judgement is entered what is the best move for me then..? As different people are telling me different things I was wondering if anyone has gone through a similar experience to myself regarding a civil matter..?

Gimme a shout if you lose, i`ll pop around with me baseball bat... :mrgreen:

(Only kidding officer)

Wed May 23, 2012 8:24 am

Adam,

Speak with these, tell them the situation and they will get your money for you.

They don't take any rubbish.

http://www.thesheriffsoffice.com/

Wed May 23, 2012 8:40 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:Adam,

Speak with these, tell them the situation and they will get your money for you.

They don't take any rubbish.

http://www.thesheriffsoffice.com/

Just did now and they were very helpful and just told me to hold tight until the outcome tomorrow

Wed May 23, 2012 9:23 am

If by D Day you mean the court will decide if they are going to award you the money and load CCJ against the person in question then please don't think it's over.

I know a builder who was owed thousands he took the person to court was awarded the money by the courts and still to this day he has no received a penny. Most people just go bankrupt if they have high level debt and your screwed then anyway.

Although you may gain a moral victory please don't expect the money back anytime soon.

Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 am

Angry Man wrote:
good luck though

If the court has said that this chap should only pay 50p a week and he has kept up with his payments nothing the bailiffs can do.
I wouldn't have thought you would be able to put a charge on their property now the courts have decided.

Wed May 23, 2012 11:58 am

Mardon89 wrote:If by D Day you mean the court will decide if they are going to award you the money and load CCJ against the person in question then please don't think it's over.

I know a builder who was owed thousands he took the person to court was awarded the money by the courts and still to this day he has no received a penny. Most people just go bankrupt if they have high level debt and your screwed then anyway.

Although you may gain a moral victory please don't expect the money back anytime soon.

By D-Day I mean her lies can finally be put to bed and I will get on with recouping the money asap whether thats balieffs, charge on the property or whatever.

Wed May 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Her lies and this from a man who swore Adam Brown and Midfield General and angry man were not one and the same person.

Thu May 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Just arrived back home from court and to give you an update I wasn't awarded the whole amount owed but a large percentage and she has 28 days to pay up in full.

So fingers crossed :ayatollah: