Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO cider experts...

Tue May 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Which of these is the nicest?
Magners or Bulmers

And is pear nicer than apple etc..

I've only tried bulmers original so i've got nothing to compare it to. (Don't include strongbow)

Re: FAO cider experts...

Tue May 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Try the Stella Cidre mate, a lot nicer than the other two you mentioned.... personally I like a nice cold Scrumpy Jack :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Cidre/Magners and Bulmers are awful. If you like a good cider, try Waitrose vintage or Waitrose reserve. They are 7.3 and 8.2% respectively but are a really lovely pint. As for pear cider, yuck.

Tue May 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Marc wrote:Try the Stella Cidre mate, a lot nicer than the other two you mentioned.... personally I like a nice cold Scrumpy Jack :ayatollah:

I'll give it a go. It's just my mate is having a bbq on friday and I need to take something down. Undecided though

Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Marc wrote:Try the Stella Cidre mate, a lot nicer than the other two you mentioned.... personally I like a nice cold Scrumpy Jack :ayatollah:

I'll give it a go. It's just my mate is having a bbq on friday and I need to take something down. Undecided though

pop up mine for a black dragon 7.2% :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 7:28 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Cidre/Magners and Bulmers are awful. If you like a good cider, try Waitrose vintage or Waitrose reserve. They are 7.3 and 8.2% respectively but are a really lovely pint. As for pear cider, yuck.

Hear where you're coming from mate :ayatollah: ... But I can't be trusted on 7.3 or 8.2% Cider.... :lol: :lol: .... :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Marc wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:Cidre/Magners and Bulmers are awful. If you like a good cider, try Waitrose vintage or Waitrose reserve. They are 7.3 and 8.2% respectively but are a really lovely pint. As for pear cider, yuck.

Hear where you're coming from mate :ayatollah: ... But I can't be trusted on 7.3 or 8.2% Cider.... :lol: :lol: .... :ayatollah:

Its very very drinkable stuff too, not even a hint that it is that strong, definitely worth a bottle or four.

Tue May 22, 2012 7:36 pm

CantonJack wrote:Which of these is the nicest?
Magners or Bulmers

I've only tried bulmers original so i've got nothing to compare it to. (Don't include strongbow)

Bulmers tastes like f*cking shit mate!! Much prefer a magners! Ive had many arguments with people over this and you just need to look at which is cheaper!! The whole Irish cider thing is bollocks anyway. I spend a lot of time in Ireland and most places never even heard of magners. I'm no expert but I know my taste buds

I'm with Marc on the strong stuff!! No fecker would want to be around me on any black dragon caper!!! That I can assure you :lol:

Tue May 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Westons organic is a lovely sup...as for Bulmers, it is the same stuff as Magners. It's Irish-made bulmers rebranded for the English market, cos it already has Bulmers from Hereford.

Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Try Scrumpy its a dry cider some of the proper stuff

Tue May 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Magners or Bulmers

If you have to drink either of those two i prefer Bulmers over Magners they both have to be very chilled or it will taste awful.
Stay away from pear cider its for ladies and pussies.
Be a devil and buy cans of scumpy jack which are very reasonably priced and is 6%.Thats what i usually take on the away games bus other than bow. :D :D
I tried a nice bottle of cider on sunday called black rat it is from Melksham and was lovely. :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Magners or Bulmers

If you have to drink either of those two i prefer Bulmers over Magners they both have to be very chilled or it will taste awful.
Be a devil and buy cans of scumpy jack which are very reasonably priced and is 6%.Thats what i usually take on the away games bus other than bow. :D :D
I tried a nice bottle of cider on sunday called black rat it is from Melksham and was lovely. :ayatollah:

I agree black rat is lovely

Tue May 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Connacht Bluebird wrote:Westons organic is a lovely sup...as for Bulmers, it is the same stuff as Magners. It's Irish-made bulmers rebranded for the English market, cos it already has Bulmers from Hereford.

you are right its the same product lol and people say there different :lol: same as taffys aples is stowford press but rebranded lol

Tue May 22, 2012 8:12 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
Magners or Bulmers

I agree black rat is lovely

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Try this one mate, you can get it from all the supermarkets, it's lovely

Tue May 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Mmmmm, yeah. Is that the dry one? Thirsty now

Tue May 22, 2012 8:39 pm

bowmonster lol u no the score west countrys finest chedar valley or mendip magic fresh from the farm where farmer giles stirs it with a broom handle

Tue May 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Cornish Rattler, very nice taste and better than the commerical rubbish we get served up in most pubs :old:

Devon red very nice too :old:

Tue May 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Southwest Lion wrote:bowmonster lol u no the score west countrys finest chedar valley or mendip magic fresh from the farm where farmer giles stirs it with a broom handle

:D :D Is that you Blindman :lol: If it is welcome mate to the forum you will be hooked. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Southwest Lion wrote:bowmonster lol u no the score west countrys finest chedar valley or mendip magic fresh from the farm where farmer giles stirs it with a broom handle

:D :D Is that you Blindman :lol: If it is welcome mate to the forum you will be hooked. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

fancy seeing you 2 commentingon a cider topic 8-) :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 9:11 pm

saddam wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:

fancy seeing you 2 commentingon a cider topic 8-) :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Would be rude not to Darren :D :D :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 9:22 pm

yes mate its me had to comment on nukes view to millwall book was reason i got on here i made an honest account of it have a look he seemed pleased with it bless him lol

Tue May 22, 2012 10:31 pm

special vat ,strong bow old rosie, class

Tue May 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Aspell Cider is good. Thatchers is also decent

Tue May 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Belgium do not make good cider end of!

Tue May 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Cornish Rattler, very nice taste and better than the commerical rubbish we get served up in most pubs :old:

Devon red very nice too :old:

Well, i must say i agree with you on this one. Found the stuff a couple of summers ago down Newquay, even visited the farm factory where they make it. Great stuff.

http://www.cornishrattler.co.uk/

Tue May 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Magners or Bulmers

Both shit if you ask me. Stella Cidre is better if you like a weak sweet tasting cider. If not try Black Dragon or Diamond White, now were talking there proper drinks. Also Taffy Apple is good but you can't get it in too many places.

Tue May 22, 2012 11:38 pm

RichBluebird wrote:
Magners or Bulmers

Both shit if you ask me. Stella Cidre is better if you like a weak sweet tasting cider. If not try Black Dragon or Diamond White, now were talking there proper drinks. Also Taffy Apple is good but you can't get it in too many places.

There's nothing wrong with good old Strongbow or Special VAT come to think of it though.

Wed May 23, 2012 3:54 am

RichBluebird wrote:
Magners or Bulmers

Did someone just seriously recommend Diamond white??

Note to original poster : if you take this piece of advice make sure to save time by making some holes on your clothes and laying down in a gutter prior to consumption!

Wed May 23, 2012 4:29 am

You pussys , get the real shit from somerset , it will blow your Ass off, Im off to somerset this weekend :old: :lol: