Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS DIVISION IS STRANGE

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Very strange, as anyone can beat anyone.
Blackpool have now beaten Boro and Newcastle and they are skint.
Sheffield Wed beat us and they are playing crap.
I could go on and on, I reckon anyone in the top 16 could still get promoted this season.
Any other unusual results this season.

Re: THIS DIVISION IS STRANGE

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:15 pm

I disagree Annis, - you really think Donny, Palace, Barnsley, QPR, Watford, Bristol Have what it takes to get to the PREM, over teams like Newcastle, WBA, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackpool, Shef Utd, Forest & leicester.....

Your starting to lose the plot Annis!

I notice you predicted us to lose 3-1 as well at West Brom? (wheres the faith fella)

I got my first EVER - 2-0 prediction right on the other board - well chuffed with that! :lol:

Anyway, Sundays game live on Sky, Im going for Cardiff to win 2-1. Chops will finally be back in the goals, and Jay to grab the 2nd goal in the 2nd half......

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:16 pm

Football is a very strange game. It's amazing how fragile the balance of power is. Half an inch can be the difference between a win and a draw or a draw and a loss. Everything hangs on a pin point. Then when the teams are as closely matched as they are in our division the random results become even more frequent.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Merlin wrote:I disagree Annis, - you really think Donny, Palace, Barnsley, QPR, Watford, Bristol Have what it takes to get to the PREM, over teams like Newcastle, WBA, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackpool, Shef Utd, Forest & leicester.....

I notice you predicted us to lose 3-1 as well at West Brom? (wheres the faith fella)

I got my first EVER - 2-0 prediction right on the other board - well chuffed with that! :lol:

Anyway, Sundays game live on Sky, Im going for Cardiff to win 2-1. Chops will finally be back in the goals, and Jay to grab the 2nd goal in the 2nd half......

Merlin first of all I admit I thought we would loose last night at WBA, I must be the only one.
Can you guarantee that none of those clubs like QPR,Bristol etc wont make the play offs, if so you should tell peoples fortunes.I will keep all those names to the end of the season, i will even cheer them on now :lol:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Also anything can happen from Jan 2010 onwards.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Certainly don't rule out Blackpool. They're actually looking pretty decent. Hull and Burnley weren't exactly massive names when they went up. Stranger things have happened.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 pm

The premier league are guna love it if blackpool go up lol
they only have 3 proper stands and a tempory one haha

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:I disagree Annis, - you really think Donny, Palace, Barnsley, QPR, Watford, Bristol Have what it takes to get to the PREM, over teams like Newcastle, WBA, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackpool, Shef Utd, Forest & leicester.....

Merlin first of all I admit I thought we would loose last night at WBA, I must be the only one.
Can you guarantee that none of those clubs like QPR,Bristol etc wont make the play offs, if so you should tell peoples fortunes.I will keep all those names to the end of the season, i will even cheer them on now :lol:

You didnt say make the play off's annis in your original post ? YOU said get promoted - There's a difference..... ;)

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You didnt say make the play off's annis in your original post ? YOU said get promoted - There's a difference..... ;)

Ok get promoted through the playoffs Barnsley,Watford and Hull have before.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Ok get promoted through the playoffs Barnsley,Watford and Hull have before.[/quote]

Before is not now, and alot has changed since any of them were last top flight or even in the play off's at the end of the season. Finances, playing personnel, managerial staff etc etc.... In the long run, Some of the teams are on a general downward spiral considering previous years, where as CCFC are on the way forward (recent off field activities excluded!)

I can see City in a playoff spot at least this season with the current squad if they just play with confidence, passion and pride, give 100% in every game, as long as the inevitable serious injuries stay away. When McPhails back the team will get an extra lift too. This doesnt mean we don't need to sign some players in January (perm/loan) becasue we do! strength in depth is something we lack.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Merlin wrote:

Ok get promoted through the playoffs Barnsley,Watford and Hull have before.

Before is not now, and alot has changed since any of them were last top flight or even in the play off's at the end of the season. Finances, playing personnel, managerial staff etc etc.... In the long run, Some of the teams are on a general downward spiral considering previous years, where as CCFC are on the way forward (recent off field activities excluded!)

I can see City in a playoff spot at least this season with the current squad if they just play with confidence, passion and pride, give 100% in every game, as long as the inevitable serious injuries stay away. When McPhails back the team will get an extra lift too. This doesnt mean we don't need to sign some players in January (perm/loan) becasue we do! strength in depth is something we lack.[/quote]

If they play like last night for 90% of the season we would make 2nd spot, I would be on cloud nine, but we have been here before for the last 3 yrs.
It hasnt changed since Hull went up.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:28 am

anyone can beat anyone its wide open the promotion race.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:59 am

This league is one of the best in the world at being open, unpredictable and very, very dangerous.

There will ALWAYS be at least one result per weekend which surprises everyone.

Peterborough beat Scunthorpe 3-0, Scunthorpe beat Newcastle 2-1, we beat Scunthorpe 4-0 but lost to Newcastle 0-1, and Blackpool have beaten everyone bar us and Barnsley at home. And Barnsley beat us as well.

Exactly, that's what I mean.

It's a brilliant league, I bloody love it and I'm not sure I'm ready to leave it behind. What's the point of taking 6k to Man United if they don't sing back at us?

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:05 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:This league is one of the best in the world at being open, unpredictable and very, very dangerous.

There will ALWAYS be at least one result per weekend which surprises everyone.

Peterborough beat Scunthorpe 3-0, Scunthorpe beat Newcastle 2-1, we beat Scunthorpe 4-0 but lost to Newcastle 0-1, and Blackpool have beaten everyone bar us and Barnsley at home. And Barnsley beat us as well.

Exactly, that's what I mean.

It's a brilliant league, I bloody love it and I'm not sure I'm ready to leave it behind. What's the point of taking 6k to Man United if they don't sing back at us?

Your right Dave its a brilliant league and in my opinion most scottish clubs would fail in it.