Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shame Liam Lawrence has gone.

Tue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Just seen official list of players leaving on official website.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 26,00.html

I know it's not news to most but I think it's a shame Lawrence has gone back to Pompey as he was on loan.

Wonder if Malky will try n get him back :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Shame Liam Lawrence has gone.

Tue May 22, 2012 1:55 pm

I would hope we will be looking at better than him tbh, not enough pace for a wide player anymore and was poor in the middle.

Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Im sure he will miss you too :lol:

Tue May 22, 2012 2:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I would hope we will be looking at better than him tbh, not enough pace for a wide player anymore and was poor in the middle.

I beg to differ there. Yes he has lost some of his pace but his delivery was first class and he created several goals during his time with us, not to mention scoring an important goal away at Barnsley too. I at first though he looked off the pace but for me he got better with every game and would be a good addition to the squad in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 2:45 pm

RichBluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I would hope we will be looking at better than him tbh, not enough pace for a wide player anymore and was poor in the middle.

I beg to differ there. Yes he has lost some of his pace but his delivery was first class and he created several goals during his time with us, not to mention scoring an important goal away at Barnsley too. I at first though he looked off the pace but for me he got better with every game and would be a good addition to the squad in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Well said :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 22, 2012 3:35 pm

I would hope that we would set our sites higher to be honest. Because if we don't we will have to fight for top six finish again.
Remember what Mohamed Ali said, " If you want to be a winner, you have to have quality, train hard, believe you'r the best to be the best".

Tue May 22, 2012 3:36 pm

I thought he was very overweight, I thought I was watching the Blues play when I first saw him in a cardiff shirt, my f*cking eyes I can't see past my nose nowadays :old:

Tue May 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I thought he was very overweight, I thought I was watching the Blues play when I first saw him in a cardiff shirt, my f*cking eyes I can't see past my nose nowadays :old:

Yawn.

Tue May 22, 2012 3:47 pm

I agree Luke and not worth £20,000 a week.

Tue May 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah deffo not worth looking at for 20k per week but if we could get him for half of that would consider buying permanant.

Tue May 22, 2012 4:13 pm

RichBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah deffo not worth looking at for 20k per week but if we could get him for half of that would consider buying permanant.

Yes I would consider him, if he was about £8,000-£10,000 a week, MAX.

Tue May 22, 2012 4:15 pm

definetly the 20k a week is the problem
Ive always liked him though,he seemed to be getting better for us aswell,totally wasted in the middle but decent out wide

Tue May 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Overall, I thought he was poor. He would often give the ball away, lacked pace and was not worth the wages.

Hopefully Malky will bring in better options this summer.

Tue May 22, 2012 4:24 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
RichBluebird wrote:

Well said :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He filled into a gap we needed filling for sure and he was getting better and better.
I just feel we should be setting our standards a little higher.
If we were to stay wages of around 5-7k should be the max.