Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City on German TV.

Tue May 22, 2012 10:42 am

Sorry no links to post, But a good friend of mine who is currently living in Frankfurt said there was a programme on tv last night about the state of European football and foreign investors, is it good or bad? There were a few references made to Vincent Tan and Cardiff city aswell as Fernandes at QPR and Mansours Citeh. Other European club were mentioned but they were the Brits.

It was sort of a panorama type pro, but was made recently as according to my mate it mentioned rebranding the club and showed clips of our playoff defeat to Hammers.

Re: Cardiff City on German TV.

Tue May 22, 2012 10:56 am

aj1927 wrote:Sorry no links to post, But a good friend of mine who is currently living in Frankfurt said there was a programme on tv last night about the state of European football and foreign investors, is it good or bad? There were a few references made to Vincent Tan and Cardiff city aswell as Fernandes at QPR and Mansours Citeh. Other European club were mentioned but they were the Brits.

It was sort of a panorama type pro, but was made recently as according to my mate it mentioned rebranding the club and showed clips of our playoff defeat to Hammers.

Putting aside the re-branding issue, the Germans (as usual) seem to have the best way of running football clubs. I'm sure that by law the supporters (as in trust) must have a 51% controlling stake in the club.

They are also years ahead in safe standing and ticket pricing.

Re: Cardiff City on German TV.

Tue May 22, 2012 11:27 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
aj1927 wrote:Sorry no links to post, But a good friend of mine who is currently living in Frankfurt said there was a programme on tv last night about the state of European football and foreign investors, is it good or bad? There were a few references made to Vincent Tan and Cardiff city aswell as Fernandes at QPR and Mansours Citeh. Other European club were mentioned but they were the Brits.

Putting aside the re-branding issue, the Germans (as usual) seem to have the best way of running football clubs. I'm sure that by law the supporters (as in trust) must have a 51% controlling stake in the club.

They are also years ahead in safe standing and ticket pricing.

I'm being told that the programme actually praised the hierarchy at Cardiff who have attended many German league games in order to gain information regarding the format of the German game