Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: This countries gone to the dogs..

Tue May 22, 2012 5:23 pm

nothing funny about the welsh language you tart. its a waste of space and a money drain cunty

Tue May 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Despite most of the stuff he posts is utter shite, I agree with most of what he said.

Tue May 22, 2012 5:36 pm

The standard of English grammar has also declined - it should say "this country's gone to the dogs"

Tue May 22, 2012 5:40 pm

bluebird58 wrote:The standard of English grammar has also declined - it should say "this country's gone to the dogs"

Not Even A Bluebird Since 19.48hrs, the original poster, is a genius in the making, bless him.

Tue May 22, 2012 5:56 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:nothing funny about the welsh language you tart. its a waste of space and a money drain cunty

Your ignorance is quite amusing to be fair.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm

enlighten me pal...... so the Welsh language is good and brings in money to the welsh economy how .....

Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:enlighten me pal...... so the Welsh language is good and brings in money to the welsh economy how .....

This.

I have no objection to the Welsh language what so ever, but there's more important issues in Wales, such as, economy, unemployment, poverty etc.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:enlighten me pal...... so the Welsh language is good and brings in money to the welsh economy how .....

This.

I have no objection to the Welsh language what so ever, but there's more important issues in Wales, such as, economy, unemployment, poverty etc.

True. I need a job.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:09 pm

It's not a money maker per se. Why would it be? It's part of my country's heritage, traditions and something that we should value very highly indeed.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

This.

True. I need a job.

Join the club.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:12 pm

yeah and a hundred wars have been fought over such rubbish. money, security and family come a lot higher in my book... and City Of course. i am proud to be welsh but the language can do one

Tue May 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

This.

True. I need a job.

Well instead of berating elderly gentleman on the internet get down the job center you useless sod :old:

Back in my day we would earn a crust anyway we could legally or not :old: :old:

Tue May 22, 2012 6:20 pm

You lot make me laugh! The same ones who bitch and moan about the colour of a shirt changing after 100 years are ready to talk down the Welsh language like it was invented last week!

Having 'Bi-lingual' on your CV is a massive step to getting a job. And as for a drain on the economy, I would rather we spent as much as possible on reblooding the Welsh language, the language of our forefathers and of great warriors who represented us in battle, than the f*cking Olympics.

Your all so quick to pin your colours to the mast but forget where you come from.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:21 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:yeah and a hundred wars have been fought over such rubbish. money, security and family come a lot higher in my book... and City Of course. i am proud to be welsh but the language can do one

What's your problem with the language?

and who said that I don't rate those things above it? Obviously poverty, unemployment, the economic downturn, family, money and security are all hugely important issues. However they're entirely seperate from the Welsh language which we should be encouraging and promoting all the same.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:22 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:yeah and a hundred wars have been fought over such rubbish. money, security and family come a lot higher in my book... and City Of course. i am proud to be welsh but the language can do one

That makes no sense!

Tue May 22, 2012 6:32 pm

no, why not ?

Tue May 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Because everything that instills your pride in Wales and your 'Welshness' stems from the Welsh speaking warriors and great Welshmen who stood up for their language and heritage... It's the equivalent of 'I'm proud to be a musician but rhythm can do one'

Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 pm

people fought not the language. i am proud of the beauty of Wales, most of the people. the language holds the Welsh back, like u think if we all speak welsh, we will prosper

Tue May 22, 2012 6:54 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:people fought not the language. i am proud of the beauty of Wales, most of the people. the language holds the Welsh back, like u think if we all speak welsh, we will prosper

No, if we all speak welsh, we'll have a stronger sense of cultural identity as a nation.

Tue May 22, 2012 7:15 pm

robinsonisgod7 wrote:

That makes no sense!

I am proud to be Welsh but don't see knowing how to speak the language being integral to welshness, makes sense to me now take your nationalist bile to Gwynedd you cock :old:

Tue May 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
robinsonisgod7 wrote:

That makes no sense!

I am proud to be Welsh but don't see knowing how to speak the language being integral to welshness, makes sense to me now take your nationalist bile to Gwynedd you cock :old:

I fail to see any nationalist "bile".

Just honest Welsh folk trying to promote a bit of cultural identity you boring fake.

Tue May 22, 2012 7:19 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:people fought not the language. i am proud of the beauty of Wales, most of the people. the language holds the Welsh back, like u think if we all speak welsh, we will prosper

No, if we all speak welsh, we'll have a stronger sense of cultural identity as a nation.

never happen with any luck. welsh language solves and gives nothing, in fact it costs the welsh economy

Tue May 22, 2012 7:26 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

never happen with any luck. welsh language solves and gives nothing, in fact it costs the welsh economy

Why would you NOT want the entire country to speak welsh? It would be great.

Also, it's a language, what the hell do you expect it to "solve"?

Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 pm

The whole nation speaking Welsh would be great for business, f**k me all these foreign investors would love to relocate to Wales where everyone spoke a language which is only spoken in a small country and pata f*cking gonia :old: :old:

Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:The whole nation speaking Welsh would be great for business, f**k me all these foreign investors would love to relocate to Wales where everyone spoke a language which is only spoken in a small country and pata f*cking gonia :old: :old:

Everyone would speak English as well you moron.

Tue May 22, 2012 7:34 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

And like I said earlier, I would rather spend whatever was needed to put the Welsh language back on the platform it deserves and celebrate Wales than spend it on the f*cking Olympics.

What was the reason people fought?! Why did Owain Glyndwr (Who's coat of arms is the flag of the country you love so much) put himself on the front line? It was for his nation, to preserve all the great things about his nation that was to become ours. It was to ensure that our language would never die and that we, as Welsh people, would stand as one against anyone who tried to take our identity away from us.

I don't know what happened in between but obviously some people seem to have forgotten. The fact of the matter is, you've been anglicised - the very thing the people who are the bedrock of Wales the foundations about whom we sing about in our national anthem 'Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau' (Land of My fathers to you lot!) were fighting against.

I am also intrigued that it seems the younger generation are for and elders against. A good sign.

Tue May 22, 2012 7:36 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:The whole nation speaking Welsh would be great for business, f**k me all these foreign investors would love to relocate to Wales where everyone spoke a language which is only spoken in a small country and pata f*cking gonia :old: :old:

Then tell me Boris, what is the point of everyone learning a second language when everyone can speak English and communicate with one another anyway?

A lot of English folk move over to Wales, we would have to speak English to these people. All the Polish, Somali and Pakistani immigrants which are integral to the growth of this proud country, would only know English. The reason the language is dying is because many English people moved here and diluted it, this would continue to happen Boris :old: :old:

Tue May 22, 2012 7:37 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

:lol: Yeah all those investors that go to 'Insert Country Name Here and hear a foreign language and say "f**k this i'm off" :lol:

You lot grew up when speaking Welsh was uncool but it's all changed now, trust.

Tue May 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Then tell me Boris, what is the point of everyone learning a second language when everyone can speak English and communicate with one another anyway?

A lot of English folk move over to Wales, we would have to speak English to these people. All the Polish, Somali and Pakistani immigrants which are integral to the growth of this proud country, would only know English. The reason the language is dying is because many English people moved here and diluted it, this would continue to happen Boris :old: :old:

English would be the second language!!

A lot of English folk move over to Wales, so lets not learn our language.... I'm suprised your able to type and take it up the arse from the english at the same time. SKILLZ ;)

Tue May 22, 2012 7:40 pm

robinsonisgod7 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

:lol: Yeah all those investors that go to 'Insert Country Name Here and hear a foreign language and say "f**k this i'm off" :lol:

You lot grew up when speaking Welsh was uncool but it's all changed now, trust.

Then tell me why Indians and the Chinese are now learning English in their schools? Why have Norwegians always learnt English? Because it is integral to business and growth in that country. :old: