Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: This countries gone to the dogs..

Sun May 27, 2012 5:19 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
I wasnt telling you what to do it was more in jest dont worry. As for voting plaid if your saying they are more in touch you can still vote for the other parties in the local elections who are people that not based in london.

As for the other parties I understand voting for them to get seats in parliment but they will never become the majority hence never get in power same as a new party created. And you say representive they will just be representing your points not everyone

Hence why I voted Labour in the recent local elections, as that candidate ia the only one who actually lives in my area and is seen about. As well as having the best credentials in my opinion.

Exactly. Voting for them to get seats in parliament means more voices arguing your views. What's wrong with that? You do not need to be in power to have a voice. As long as it's represented in the Commons then there's a chance it will be heard. How so? I'm calling for a party that is representative of the majority as I don't feel any current parties are.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
I wasnt telling you what to do it was more in jest dont worry. As for voting plaid if your saying they are more in touch you can still vote for the other parties in the local elections who are people that not based in london.

As for the other parties I understand voting for them to get seats in parliment but they will never become the majority hence never get in power same as a new party created. And you say representive they will just be representing your points not everyone

Hence why I voted Labour in the recent local elections, as that candidate ia the only one who actually lives in my area and is seen about. As well as having the best credentials in my opinion.

Exactly. Voting for them to get seats in parliament means more voices arguing your views. What's wrong with that? You do not need to be in power to have a voice. As long as it's represented in the Commons then there's a chance it will be heard. How so? I'm calling for a party that is representative of the majority as I don't feel any current parties are.

Sorry I thought you said you voted plaid. Anyway as for having a voice I do agree that it will give people a voice but it wont be heard most often like the other small parties. As for representing the majority I dont agree its your views you dont feel the parties are representing you dont know what the majority want. I'm not critisising you just clearing up that you want a new party to represent you not the majority

Sun May 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Sorry I thought you said you voted plaid. Anyway as for having a voice I do agree that it will give people a voice but it wont be heard most often like the other small parties. As for representing the majority I dont agree its your views you dont feel the parties are representing you dont know what the majority want. I'm not critisising you just clearing up that you want a new party to represent you not the majority

That's not what I want at all. I'm calling for a more representative party in British politics; not one catered to me alone. That doesn't mean I'll necessarily agree with their entire maifesto, it just means that they're more representative than say, the Tories or Labour (which isn't exactly difficult.)

You may be surprised to hear that more voters abstained from the last general election than any other in recent memory. These are voters who refuse to vote for any candidate or party as their views are not being heard, or represented in any way. I sincerely believe that a new party ,with modern views, would be a success at this time.

Sun May 27, 2012 5:38 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

That's not what I want at all. I'm calling for a more representative party in British politics; not one catered to me alone. That doesn't mean I'll necessarily agree with their entire maifesto, it just means that they're more representative than say, the Tories or Labour (which isn't exactly difficult.)

You may be surprised to hear that more voters abstained from the last general election than any other in recent memory. These are voters who refuse to vote for any candidate or party as their views are not being heard, or represented in any way. I sincerely believe that a new party ,with modern views, would be a success at this time.

You have to remember alot of the younger generation did not vote but I do agree that alot abstained out of protest. As for being a success im not sure, a party can never represent everyone as everyone in this country has a different opinion on everything to do with the country

Sun May 27, 2012 5:47 pm

You have to remember alot of the younger generation did not vote but I do agree that alot abstained out of protest. As for being a success im not sure, a party can never represent everyone as everyone in this country has a different opinion on everything to do with the country

That's irrelevant, there are young people in every election. Either way, these are people (18-25 year olds) who hold crucial votes and have yet to be won over by any specific party. A further reason for a new part to be established.

Of course not, I'm not suggesting that this party will hold the views of everyone, that's impossible. However it should be more in touch than any major party at present. That's all I'm calling for, a party that represents the interests of the majority more than Labour, the Tories, or the Lib Dems. I don't feel that this would be particularly difficult, as there are most certainly voters to be won over.

It's time for change.

Sun May 27, 2012 5:50 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

That's irrelevant, there are young people in every election. Either way, these are people (18-25 year olds) who hold crucial votes and have yet to be won over by any specific party. A further reason for a new part to be established.

Of course not, I'm not suggesting that this party will hold the views of everyone, that's impossible. However it should be more in touch than any major party at present. That's all I'm calling for, a party that represents the interests of the majority more than Labour, the Tories, or the Lib Dems. I don't feel that this would be particularly difficult, as there are most certainly voters to be won over.

It's time for change.

The reason they havent voted is simply as they have no interest. The only party that gained a majority of votes from the younger generation was the Lib dems and that showed how well that turned out.

Sun May 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Pipe down Boris :old: :old: :D

Hey at least a politics thread may improve this board even if I have little interest in a debate though

Sun May 27, 2012 5:53 pm

They are interesting provides debate and hopefully wont resort to swearing and abusing each other :lol: :lol:

Sun May 27, 2012 5:54 pm

The reason they havent voted is simply as they have no interest. The only party that gained a majority of votes from the younger generation was the Lib dems and that showed how well that turned out.

That is entirely untrue.

I am part of this 'younger generation' and can assure you that many young people simply abstained. There is a growing interest in politics amongst my generation and long may that continue. Equally, the Lib Dems promised not to raise tuition fees. Apparently, some people believed a desperate politician on the campaign trail; a novice error.

Sun May 27, 2012 5:56 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

That is entirely untrue.

I am part of this 'younger generation' and can assure you that many young people simply abstained. There is a growing interest in politics amongst my generation and long may that continue. Equally, the Lib Dems promised not to raise tuition fees. Apparently, some people believed a desperate politician on the campaign trail; a novice error.

I am also from the younger generation so I can also assure you that alot of people didnt vote simply for not caring. The reason that the others voted lib dems is all to do with the tuition fees because the feel nothing else in the manifestos applies to them

Sun May 27, 2012 5:59 pm

I am also from the younger generation so I can also assure you that alot of people didnt vote simply for not caring. The reason that the others voted lib dems is all to do with the tuition fees because the feel nothing else in the manifestos applies to them

There are people from all ages that do not care for politics, it's an irrelevant point. You just said it yourself, "they feel that nothing else applies to them". That is my point exactly!

There are people, of all ages, who feel that there is no party representing their views. This is why a new party is needed, I fail to see the issue here.

Sun May 27, 2012 8:27 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

There are people from all ages that do not care for politics, it's an irrelevant point. You just said it yourself, "they feel that nothing else applies to them". That is my point exactly!

There are people, of all ages, who feel that there is no party representing their views. This is why a new party is needed, I fail to see the issue here.

Several "political" parties have tried that over the years OGa but failed as there isn't and hopefully never will be a "party" that can represent everyone. We are, like it not, all individuals, a point made in many films over the years. Some are more individual than others and take control of our own destiny, its life, its a choice. Only three things certain in life, you are born, you will die and in between some government will tax the shit out of you :old:

Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Several "political" parties have tried that over the years OGa but failed as there isn't and hopefully never will be a "party" that can represent everyone. We are, like it not, all individuals, a point made in many films over the years. Some are more individual than others and take control of our own destiny, its life, its a choice. Only three things certain in life, you are born, you will die and in between some government will tax the shit out of you :old:

Read what I have said, I'm not calling for a political party that will represent EVERYONE (which I have already declared impossible). I'm calling for a political party that is more representative than Labour, the Tories and the Lib Dems. That wouldn't be difficult, but it is most certainly required at this time.

Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

Read what I have said, I'm not calling for a political party that will represent EVERYONE (which I have already declared impossible). I'm calling for a political party that is more representative than Labour, the Tories and the Lib Dems. That wouldn't be difficult, but it is most certainly required at this time.

Ah don't have time for this. BB has his head screwed on the right way, you are just a young fool.

READ what I wrote, not said. Then make your own mind up which unfortunately you appear incapable of doing. Once you can think for yourself come back otherwise join sludge, mufty and the other fools on the children's board.

Sun May 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Ah don't have time for this. BB has his head screwed on the right way, you are just a young fool.

READ what I wrote, not said. Then make your own mind up which unfortunately you appear incapable of doing. Once you can think for yourself come back otherwise join sludge, mufty and the other fools on the children's board.

Is that the best reply you can come up with?

A merge of patronising, nonsensical, insulting, bile with minimal meaning.

I am no fool.

Surely I have already made my mind up? Quite clearly I would say.

Surely I am thinking for myself, as these are all my own opinion and ideas?

No?

Mon May 28, 2012 4:29 pm

The Lad wrote:Pipe down Boris :old: :old: :D

Hey at least a politics thread may improve this board even if I have little interest in a debate though

Enthralling read by two very intelligent individuals until you piped up. Politics is the variety of life. :old:

Mon May 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

Enthralling read by two very intelligent individuals until you piped up. Politics is the variety of life. :old:

I can appreciate that, just have little interest in debating it. Very circular arguments define politics.
:young: :young:

Mon May 28, 2012 9:37 pm

The Lad wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:

I can appreciate that, just have little interest in debating it. Very circular arguments define politics.
:young: :young:

What do you think of the prospect of the poor being moved out of central London due to extortionate rents that the landlords are charging?

:old:

Mon May 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Youngster out of work, pedophiles on the lose, crime on the up, the, lack of respect from the younger generations, racism, people voting BNP, the streets swarming with immigrants, inflation out of control, Fairwater still without basic ammenities, heating bills rising, pensions slashed, NHS privisation, Jacks in the premier league, the f*cking weather, foreign occupation of my club since 1948, an endless war, the moving out of the poor from central london, landlords taking the piss, wales winning the egg chasing all the time, minimum pricing on alcohol, a toff in charge of the country, Canton Magic banned, rising house prices, not enough care for the elderly even the fact that Adam Brown got voted out doesn't make up for that. :old:

Iv'e had enough, i'm moving to Spain far too many foreigners here :old:

House prices are falling

Mon May 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Youngster out of work, pedophiles on the lose, crime on the up, the, lack of respect from the younger generations, racism, people voting BNP, the streets swarming with immigrants, inflation out of control, Fairwater still without basic ammenities, heating bills rising, pensions slashed, NHS privisation, Jacks in the premier league, the f*cking weather, foreign occupation of my club since 1948, an endless war, the moving out of the poor from central london, landlords taking the piss, wales winning the egg chasing all the time, minimum pricing on alcohol, a toff in charge of the country, Canton Magic banned, rising house prices, not enough care for the elderly even the fact that Adam Brown got voted out doesn't make up for that. :old:

House prices are falling

For now, yes. But it won't be long before they rise again will it :old:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:18 am

:withstupid:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 am

Brilliant :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Adam, you forgot to mention politicians that give the young little or no discipline or guidance and messed the country up in the beginning!! ;)

What was your (until recent) role? :oops: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:39 pm

oungster out of work, pedophiles on the lose, crime on the up, the, lack of respect from the younger generations, racism, people voting BNP, the streets swarming with immigrants, inflation out of control, Fairwater still without basic ammenities, heating bills rising, pensions slashed, NHS privisation, Jacks in the premier league, the f*cking weather, foreign occupation of my club since 1948, an endless war, the moving out of the poor from central london, landlords taking the piss, wales winning the egg chasing all the time, minimum pricing on alcohol, a toff in charge of the country, Canton Magic banned, rising house prices, not enough care for the elderly even the fact that Adam Brown got voted out doesn't make up for that............................................ You sir are a dickhead,complaining about being swamped by immigrants on the one hand and on the other,saying that the BNP is the army of Satan,can you remind me dopey,what the main policy of the BNP is???????

Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:45 pm

angelis49 wrote:oungster out of work, pedophiles on the lose, crime on the up, the, lack of respect from the younger generations, racism, people voting BNP, the streets swarming with immigrants, inflation out of control, Fairwater still without basic ammenities, heating bills rising, pensions slashed, NHS privisation, Jacks in the premier league, the f*cking weather, foreign occupation of my club since 1948, an endless war, the moving out of the poor from central london, landlords taking the piss, wales winning the egg chasing all the time, minimum pricing on alcohol, a toff in charge of the country, Canton Magic banned, rising house prices, not enough care for the elderly even the fact that Adam Brown got voted out doesn't make up for that............................................ You sir are a dickhead,complaining about being swamped by immigrants on the one hand and on the other,saying that the BNP is the army of Satan,can you remind me dopey,what the main policy of the BNP is???????

To rid the country of all immigrants BASED ON COLOUR AND RELIGION. I believe this country is full already too many Americans, Australians, Eastern Europeans and French people coming in also, I do not differentiate solely on colour and religion. Take a leaf out of my book, the BNP are thugs and treacherous human beings.

:old: