Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Honest answers please/No verbal attacks on each other

Mon May 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Who is glad we stayed Blue/kept our nick name and badge ?
Who wished we had turned Red etc etc ?
Who did not care ?

Remember we have not lost the so called £100 mill as it was only there once other deals like Langston/Pmg were concluded which are still not finalised, plus Malky has been promised by TG/VT their full backing for next season. :ayatollah:

Glad we stayed blue tbh.
Very glad we are still the bluebirds, well for now. :ayatollah:
Being honest, now if it was to go ahead I wouldn't care cos I believe in what the Malaysians wanna do for our club :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:I thought this was still up in the air.

I'm glad we remained the Bluebirds, that was always more important than a kit colour to me.

For next season, everything is suppose to stay as it was, Blue etc home, but Red away, thats my understanding of it so far.

But the year after, then I believe it will be all change, but hopefully with a lot of compromising.

annis maybe we could use it to our advantage and get the canton and family stand swapped around as part of the compromise

Mon May 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Who did not care ?

Remember we have not lost the so called £100 mill as it was only there once other deals like Langston/Pmg were concluded which are still not finalised, plus Malky has been promised by TG/VT their full backing for next season. :ayatollah:

I cared a bit but not a lot.

I'm more interested in the future than the past - and no-one can take our past away.

I don't mind us playing in red - but I would be happier if that was the away strip. I also want a bluebird and welsh flag on the kit if possible (I think we were close to that as a compromise before the Thursday meeting?)

But, I watch at least as many away games as home - so see Cardiff City FC 'the bluebirds' in kit other than blue a lot! I'm used to black, yellow, white, red, yellow and black..... and it's still MY TEAM

I want to know more about VT/TG's strategy for stabilisation and growth - and what sponsorship deals may be behind the red 'rebranding'. I'm fed up of speculation, scaremongering, hype and pure messageboard invention. I do know were are walking a tightrope with the debts and the fans' ambitions, but I expect the Malaysians to stay for a long time.

I am optimistic.

Mon May 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Will there be a new design on the home kit? or will it be the same?

Mon May 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:I thought this was still up in the air.

I'm glad we remained the Bluebirds, that was always more important than a kit colour to me.

For next season, everything is suppose to stay as it was, Blue etc home, but Red away, thats my understanding of it so far.

But the year after, then I believe it will be all change, but hopefully with a lot of compromising.

If we change colour the season after next does that mean the £100m investment will happen at the same time or is there a chance we could see good investment regarding team strengthening and paying off debts for this coming season? :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 pm

I am so strongly behind us playing in blue to change it would be like changing my nans name .To change the badge would be like CCFC had died.

I AM BLUE AND I LOVE THE BADGE.

Try telling Chelsea or Man City to change colour i wonder what they would say.They would say fxxk off and thats what I am saying to Red and any badge change fxxk off :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 7:12 pm

I was dead against the colour change to start with but the prospect of £100m investment soon focuses the mind. Also there was the threat that without the investment we would have been in deep sh1t.....then it becomes a no-brainer. :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 7:37 pm

I was initially irritated...mainly because the day they announced I had just spent another wad of cash on Bluebird stuff online.

I signed the petition and all, then I had time to cool down a day later.

I changed me tune a little when it started coming out that the Malaysians were upset. Honestly like Carl said I wanted my cake and to eat it too. I wanted the 100 million and the Blue.

But when they announced they would compromise on letting the club keep the bluebirds...my final stance was and is I don't care about the main jersey color is as long as there is some blue somewhere and the bluebird is on it.

What still confuses the heck out of me is.....

Did they agree to the compromise on the mascot and badge before or after they sent out the "re-branding scrapped" letter?

Mon May 21, 2012 7:59 pm

jon1959 wrote:
Who did not care ?

I cared a bit but not a lot.

I'm more interested in the future than the past - and no-one can take our past away.

I don't mind us playing in red - but I would be happier if that was the away strip. I also want a bluebird and welsh flag on the kit if possible (I think we were close to that as a compromise before the Thursday meeting?)

But, I watch at least as many away games as home - so see Cardiff City FC 'the bluebirds' in kit other than blue a lot! I'm used to black, yellow, white, red, yellow and black..... and it's still MY TEAM

I want to know more about VT/TG's strategy for stabilisation and growth - and what sponsorship deals may be behind the red 'rebranding'. I'm fed up of speculation, scaremongering, hype and pure messageboard invention. I do know were are walking a tightrope with the debts and the fans' ambitions, but I expect the Malaysians to stay for a long time.

I am optimistic.

Excellent post jon, about sums up my feelings on the matter. Some good friends have been literally up in arms over the change of home shirt for example, they collect them, I don't. As it happens I think I've got three or four, the FA Cup final one, two of the non-sponspored ones (wish I'd bought a few more of those) and a Sorbet one.

I'm not a shirt man but the possibilities for those that are into that kind of thing are endless and as you correctly say our history is our history, no one can change that. As for our nickname we'll always be the bluebirds, the badge I couldn't give a shit about, to be honest I wouldn't know it from a lot of other shirt "badges" as it's something that has never really got my attention since I was a child many years ago and had one of those "Shoot" collections.

As I've probably posted before, I am fully used to change, its more or less my job, so changing the colour of our shirt wouldn't be something that would bother me too much. If we are to get to the so called promised land then we will effectively be "employing" players just for the amount of money they are paid and that is my main concern.

Mon May 21, 2012 8:00 pm

I honestly think no 1 wanted to to Red, I think they just wanted to keep our club going. Lets remember as it was said more than a few times on here ,that if he had second thoughts about us and pulled out we were sunk.
The money we would owe out was 70mil + and no business man that is in credit to us would have stood for it.
Them creditors would have come out of the woodwork all wanting to be the first ones to take us to court for what they could get.

Alot of people on here said ,that he was throwing our history away, But they couldnt see the big picture.
While Cardiff City walk out to play there games every weekend , they take the history of Cardiff City on that field with them every game they play.
But if we went under that is sure to happen if we VT was to walk, our history then goes out the door.
Years ago if that happen there were loads of people who would talk about Cardiff City every night in the local Pub.
But today the Pubs are gone, and the ones left you only get around 10 people in there and some times Pubs only open on weekends. Yes after a few years our history would be gone, and all the kids growing up would look to the other clubs like the LiverPools , Man U Man City, Chelsea. O yes Cardiff City would be just a thought now and again in the mineds of a few.

The 100mil that we were told that VT was going to give Cardiff City would have given Cardiff City a very good platform for the future of Cardiff City.

It was never about some fans wanted to go Red, its was some Fans could see more than others and really fear for the future of Cardiff City if VT Walked away. :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 8:01 pm

I don't care what color we play in will always be the bluebirds that wasn't going to change from my point of veiw will always be bloooobirds the investment is important for the future of our club without it think the options would be no club but I'm happy.playing in any kit just as long Cardiff city fc is still around for myself and my grandchildren to enjoy

Mon May 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Deano1 wrote:I support Cardiff City, not the Bluebirds, and will follow them whatever colour they wear and whatever their nickname is....100 million quid or no 100 million quid :ayatollah:

Yep sums it up for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 8:18 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Who did not care ?

Glad we stayed blue tbh.
Very glad we are still the bluebirds, well for now. :ayatollah:
Being honest, now if it was to go ahead I wouldn't care cos I believe in what the Malaysians wanna do for our club :ayatollah:

:o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :? :? :?

Mon May 21, 2012 8:22 pm

leave well alone,show us the money,get the players needed,and lets get up there with the big boys. :lol: :lol: CCFC

Mon May 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Frankly, I'm glad that this was leaked, whoever did it. There was never any need to change the home colours, or the badge. Still no need. The reasons given are, frankly, pathetic. Lucky colour? Other big investors, like at Chelsea and Man City, let the clubs' traditions stay. And they win things.

As for the £100m, that was always conditional. Its not as if it was in used £20 notes in a suitcase on the boardroom table. The malaysians have been good owners, but they were mistaken on the rebranding. Lets hope that we get a positive announcement soon.

Cardiff City in anything other than Blue at home, especially with no Bluebird,would be hard to stomach.

Tue May 22, 2012 12:20 am

I'm afraid I am really against playing at home in any colour but blue.
Changing our home kit to red would be just too much to take. (I couldn't care less about the away kit).
I looked around Wembley at the Carling Cup Final and seeing that sea of blue and white at our end was fantastic.
I felt really proud.
Blue is so much a classier colour than red as well.
I cannot see myself supporting a City team at the CCS who run out in red, unless it is one of those blue /red shirts with the dragon on that was put forward by Daniel last week.
I have supported us through many bad times (my first game was 1976) but I still loved it, and it only made me appreciate these times even more.
I would love to see us get some success, but our identity is very very important to me (and my family feel the same too).
I hope like Annis said, there can be a compromise.
I know some City fans won't understand this, but I would rather watch Cardiff City in the Conference with our current identity, than in the Premiership wearing red.