Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Honest answers please/No verbal attacks on each other

Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Who is glad we stayed Blue/kept our nick name and badge ?
Who wished we had turned Red etc etc ?
Who did not care ?

Remember we have not lost the so called £100 mill as it was only there once other deals like Langston/Pmg were concluded which are still not finalised, plus Malky has been promised by TG/VT their full backing for next season. :ayatollah:

Re: Honest answers please/No verbal attacks on each other

Mon May 21, 2012 3:33 pm

wasnt so worried about the colour of the strip,it was the nick name an the badge
that worried me,also we never lost anything an never gained anything
if the board are fully behind the bluebirds it should not matter what colour
we play in,they got involved when we played in blue.
just hope in future they act more prof at the club

Mon May 21, 2012 3:33 pm

I thought this was still up in the air.

I'm glad we remained the Bluebirds, that was always more important than a kit colour to me.

Mon May 21, 2012 3:37 pm

100% happy to stay blue and to be bluebirds,its our history.If we had/do change it will be the end for me,after 40 odd consecutive years watching City.Would have been a sad way to end it

Mon May 21, 2012 3:37 pm

I support Cardiff City, not the Bluebirds, and will follow them whatever colour they wear and whatever their nickname is....100 million quid or no 100 million quid :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Who is glad we stayed Blue/kept our nick name and badge ?
Who did not care ?

Remember we have not lost the so called £100 mill as it was only there once other deals like Langston/Pmg were concluded which are still not finalised, plus Malky has been promised by TG/VT their full backing for next season. :ayatollah:

I'm glad we are staying Blue and staying the bluebirds, i hope we still get the investment and believe we will :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 3:42 pm

RFMH wrote:I thought this was still up in the air.

I'm glad we remained the Bluebirds, that was always more important than a kit colour to me.

For next season, everything is suppose to stay as it was, Blue etc home, but Red away, thats my understanding of it so far.

But the year after, then I believe it will be all change, but hopefully with a lot of compromising.

Mon May 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Glad we stayed blue, always been a blue since 1968 and thats the way i like it :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Glad we're staying blue.

Mon May 21, 2012 3:49 pm

I didnt want anything to change, i went from tearing my ST up when i first hear about it....to thinking "this could finally make all those shitty 100+ mile trips away down in old div 3/4 worth it"

I do not want the badge to change but if VT is willing to compromise, i dont see why we can't.

Mon May 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Wasn't overjoyed with the badge/colour change etc.but I would have been more pissed if we had no club at all to follow.At the end of the day its not just my club or your club-its everyones. but the history of the club for the people who will support the city for the next 100yrs starts now.Who are we to deny them their history. Many examples of businesses not just football clubs have disappeared because they wouldn't or couldn't change with the times.Who wants to become the Woolworths of the football world-Proud history but gone forever.

Mon May 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

For next season, everything is suppose to stay as it was, Blue etc home, but Red away, thats my understanding of it so far.

But the year after, then I believe it will be all change, but hopefully with a lot of compromising.

That's how it should have been for me, give us a year with the proposals, and reasons why. Explain there is wiggle room and they want our opinions. Keeping us as the blue birds was the main one. Change WHU Colours, they are still the Irons, should be no diff for us.

Mon May 21, 2012 4:20 pm

As long as we are called Cardiff City FC we can play in any colour they like.I just want to be sure we will still have a club to support.Again badge change doesn't bother me as we have had many changes over our history and that once was a dragon too.We will always be known as the bluebirds :D
Onwards and Upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Glad we are staying blue, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and we are staying the bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Tidy darts !!

Mon May 21, 2012 4:24 pm

I didn't want anything to change apart from the Canton Stand and the Family stand!! :lol:

Glad we stayed True to the bluebird, kept our colour & badge. However, eventually I was willing to accept a compromise if it meant securing £100m worth of investment!

We need to hurry up and sort out the Langston agreement though for things to really move forward.

Mon May 21, 2012 4:25 pm

want to stay blue . but if we went red as long as the bluebirds badge is still there willing to go with the flow ??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Mon May 21, 2012 4:27 pm

I dont care what colour we play in aslong as theres a bluebird on the badge and we are still cardiff city the bluebirds :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm

I think the badge is dated anyway....

Give me the Blue bird on a white circle on any colour shirt. Although I prefer (want) Blue home and red away, no 3rd kit.

Not one person has complained about losing the daffodil, and we will be getting a dragon by the sound of it.

Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Glad you asked the question Annis,let's hope there are no spiteful answers,I have to be open and honest and say I would have liked us to change our colours at home, as long as we didn't lose our badge and name all my posts say I would have gone along with red, so I am not jumping on the wagon,but it was my opinion and I stuck by it, I just could not go along with losing our identity and history.

Mon May 21, 2012 4:39 pm

For me there's nothing that could beat the old 70s blue kit with the verticle white and yellow stripe, but I could easily live with the change if it ensures the survival and success of the club.

I think that the red / blue compromise designs recently shown on here are excellent and would go as far as to say I prefer them to any of the kits we've had in the last 5 years. It's different, but is a great refreshing change.

Maybe its time to make some new history :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 4:43 pm

RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's how it should have been for me, give us a year with the proposals, and reasons why. Explain there is wiggle room and they want our opinions. Keeping us as the blue birds was the main one. Change WHU Colours, they are still the Irons, should be no diff for us.

Be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks as I was under the impression that everything was not yet finalised? My personal opinion is that if its going to change the following season then they may as well just get on with it now. Dont get me wrong I'd prefer to stay blue but if we are going to change whats the point in waiting?

Mon May 21, 2012 4:44 pm

sleepers wrote:wasnt so worried about the colour of the strip,it was the nick name an the badge
that worried me,also we never lost anything an never gained anything
if the board are fully behind the bluebirds it should not matter what colour
we play in,they got involved when we played in blue.
just hope in future they act more prof at the club

This^^^^^^^^ :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 4:47 pm

I love Cardiff City FC, almost as much as i love my wife. It's a global economy, & whether we like it or not, the people who control the purse strings have the power. They are the ones who, at this very moment, dictate our clubs future.
I don't want to change from blue, however,, i do want a successful & stable club, one which every City fan can look forward to.
Like Jimmy Pursey once said, "its not the clothes you wear, its who you are".
So be it!

Mon May 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Who is glad we stayed Blue/kept our nick name and badge ?
Who did not care ?

dont care about colour really ,glad we kept bluebird on our badge but really hope we havnt fucked it up for the investment

Mon May 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Deano1 wrote:I support Cardiff City, not the Bluebirds, and will follow them whatever colour they wear and whatever their nickname is....100 million quid or no 100 million quid :ayatollah:

Second this.

Mon May 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Would have gone red,get investment off tan,making us debt free,then if still not happy,try and get us back to blue,for one season playing red our future would have been secure,and tan couldnt just walk away.

Mon May 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Im glad we stayed blue.
Never ever wanted red.
Nickname change seemed to be a little daft tbh.
Im afraid the langston deal will drag on for years at this rate if there not willing to pay the 10million wanted in one go then it will drag on with drip feeds to sam but i guess he will decline and who knows whats going to happen if there dragging it on, as for pmg aka the land grabbers and loan sharks i hope they get these out of the boardroom also. Then we can all be watching us in blue next season. If these two MAIN things are sorted then we can move on without the same shit thats been lingering over us for years :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Change is never good, but I saw the commercial and buisness sense to the proposal and was happy for things to progress.

I support Cardiff whether they're pink blue or red.

Mon May 21, 2012 5:19 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I love Cardiff City FC, almost as much as i love my wife.

Any chance of a wife swap then :lol:

Mon May 21, 2012 5:29 pm

have to say as long as there is a cardiff city to support i dont care if they play in the nude all this blue top red top feck me cardiff played in white as much as blue this season .so long as vt puts his money in the club they can play in pink pyjamas for all i care history is great but with no future and no club without his money all ppl will do is remember this and that about cardiff .bad enough swansea are in the premiership we have lost a few young fans purely because of that and anyone who says different is living in la la land rant over