Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HELP ! LEATHER SOFA, HOW TO ?

Mon May 21, 2012 10:42 am

Clean it best ? I have 2 Ivory colour leather sofas , its italian leather and very good quality, do anyone have a leather sofa ? whats the best way of cleaning it please.

Re: HELP ! LEATHER SOFA, HOW TO ?

Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Clean it best ? I have 2 Ivory colour leather sofas , its italian leather and very good quality, do anyone have a leather sofa ? whats the best way of cleaning it please.

That's funny I threw my old ivory Italian leather sofa away today it was stinking dirty been out the back for weeks :ayatollah:

Mon May 21, 2012 11:50 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Clean it best ? I have 2 Ivory colour leather sofas , its italian leather and very good quality, do anyone have a leather sofa ? whats the best way of cleaning it please.

i spilt the juice off an indian on mine and spent weeks trying to get it off with no avail, then one of the kids tipped something on it and a wetwipe cleared it all.. Indian juice an all..

Mon May 21, 2012 11:50 am

i spilt the juice off an indian on mine and spent weeks trying to get it off with no avail, then one of the kids tipped something on it and a wetwipe cleared it all.. Indian juice an all..

Mon May 21, 2012 11:56 am

Go to a leather sofa shop and buy a cleaning kit they all sell, ;) It ain't rocket science is it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 21, 2012 12:22 pm

sam salim wrote:

Go to a leather sofa shop and buy a cleaning kit they all sell, ;) It ain't rocket science is it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I guess its not rocket science other wise you wouldnt have had the reply would you ? :lol: The thing is just in case you didnt know , there are many cleaners out there, I want to know what is the best one to use that other people on here have used see ? there you go , not rocket science was it ? :D

Mon May 21, 2012 2:59 pm

I just read that one of the best things you can use is Baby wipes , anyone try this ?

Mon May 21, 2012 3:25 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I just read that one of the best things you can use is Baby wipes , anyone try this ?

Have you shit on it? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 21, 2012 8:36 pm

this is no joke.

baby oil, wipe it off with a clean cloth. it not only cleans it but feeds the leather and keeps it supple = no more cracking. i have had a couple of leather sofa's and the wife has always cleaned them this way.

Mon May 21, 2012 8:47 pm

I bought my sofas from World of Leather I think, long time ago, they gave a "free" cleaning kit with them which was the dogs gonads. The abuse those two have taken over the years and they're both as good as new. Beer, wine, chilli sauce, even got a partial ciggy burn out although mine are black so on Ivory may not work as well.

If you don't get any better advice go to moneysavingexpert.com and do a search, if they don't have a solution no one will, it's where all the tightest folk in the world live but some of the stuff they know is worth its weight in Red shirts :lol:

Mon May 21, 2012 8:51 pm

jamccfc wrote:this is no joke.

baby oil, wipe it off with a clean cloth. it not only cleans it but feeds the leather and keeps it supple = no more cracking. i have had a couple of leather sofa's and the wife has always cleaned them this way.

Baby oil also works on cooker hoods strangely enough. It's also useful for giving her one up the bum I'm led to believe..The cleaner that is not the wife, she hates me and wants me gone. Done my bit :lol:

Mon May 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Grandma's or liquid soap flakes.... I kid you not works a treat :D

Mon May 21, 2012 9:25 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I just read that one of the best things you can use is Baby wipes , anyone try this ?

I worked for Pendragon leather Bridgend for 20yrs, use some warm soapy water and wash it gently, be carefull using anything that has chemicals, as it will take the top coat off it, certainly wouldn't use wet wipes as this could be risky.

Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Maesteg bluebirds wrote:

I worked for Pendragon leather Bridgend for 20yrs, use some warm soapy water and wash it gently, be carefull using anything that has chemicals, as it will take the top coat off it, certainly wouldn't use wet wipes as this could be risky.

All soap is made up of chemicals ?

Mon May 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Johnsons Baby oil for cleaning.
Pledge or table polish for shine.

Both work on mine fine.

Tue May 22, 2012 1:43 pm

I used warm water with washing up liquid and a sponge to get mine clean

Tue May 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Stokesy wrote:

You and the kids need to be more careful :lol: :lol:

Tue May 22, 2012 1:59 pm

todder76 wrote:I used warm water with washing up liquid and a sponge to get mine clean

How about the chemicals in the washing up liquid ? cant that give you problems ? Mine is Italian Leather