Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'm playing a 24 hr football match to raise money 'For Luca'

Sat May 19, 2012 2:55 pm

A few on here may know I've signed up to raise money by playing a 24 hour football match from 10am on Saturday 7th July at the National Football Centre in Newport and it is going to be brutal!

I'm hoping someone will have some contacts they can utilise to get people/companies that would like to sponsor me to help the cause which is 'For Luca'

You may have seen Celebs pictured with 'For Luca' written on their palm (including Whitts :ayatollah: ) and this is the cause I am hoping to help. Some details are below -

Luca is a beautiful 3 year old was struck down with Meningococcal Septicaemia in early January and his life changed forever...This horrendous disease ravaged every part of his body in hours and left him fighting for his life! With less than a 3% chance of survival Luca pulled through however he was not unscathed...
Luca lost both of his legs and all of his tissue, some muscle and skin below his hips. He has massive skin and tissue and muscle loss across his arms and shoulders and is now fighting to save his knees which have been severely damaged.

We will be raising funds to cover the huge costs of prosthetics giving Luca every chance to excel in every aspect of his future.

I will have a Sponsorship form and I have also sent up an online donation page which is below. You can also simply text ' LUCA83' followed by the donation amount to 70070, ie LUCA83 £3

http://www.justgiving.com/Lawrence-Porch

We are also looking for things like Energy drinks, Food, Kit etc which we will need to host the event. Anything that you can help with will be hugely appreciated in helping us raise money for Luca.

Thanks

Law

Re: I'm playing a 24 hr football match to raise money 'For Luca'

Sat May 19, 2012 5:29 pm

BUMP! :ayatollah:

Sun May 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Bump !!

Wed May 23, 2012 11:44 am

Earnie is going to help out and support the cause by hopefully leading out the teams or kicking off the game, he cant play for obvious reasons (wouldn't get into either team :hehe: ) :ayatollah:

He doesn't know yet but i'll be tapping him for at least a tenner as a donation as well!! :ayatollah:

Wed May 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Boxer1 wrote:Earnie is going to help out and support the cause by hopefully leading out the teams or kicking off the game, he cant play for obvious reasons (wouldn't get into either team :hehe: ) :ayatollah:

He doesn't know yet but i'll be tapping him for at least a tenner as a donation as well!! :ayatollah:

Tidy mate tidy !!

Mon May 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Just thought i'd give a quick update for anyone who's interested!

Training underway, this weather is helping and my personal funds raised stands at £320 (smashing the £200 initial target) i'm kicking on now and hoping to raise a grand due to there being so many generous people plus the fact thats its impossible not to be touched by Lucas story.

If anyone would like to help with food, donations, drink etc to help the event actually be able to be hosted, it would be massively appreciated. :ayatollah:

Tue May 29, 2012 9:41 am

Boxer1 wrote:Just thought i'd give a quick update for anyone who's interested!

Training underway, this weather is helping and my personal funds raised stands at £320 (smashing the £200 initial target) i'm kicking on now and hoping to raise a grand due to there being so many generous people plus the fact thats its impossible not to be touched by Lucas story.

If anyone would like to help with food, donations, drink etc to help the event actually be able to be hosted, it would be massively appreciated. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:29 am

Just another quick update, through the £400 barrier for personal sponsorship and past £2,000 on the whole. Still need to reach our £7,000 target. we've now secured 2 new kits to play in from CMS Teamwear.

If anyone has any contacts/ideas for catering firms that might want to help out or getting donations of sports drinks etc then please PM me :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Things starting to really gather momentum now with Sky Sports and ITV both hoping to have camera crews at the game. Local press will be running an article in the coming week so we're hoping that quite a few people will turn up on the day just to show a bit of support for the challenge. :ayatollah: