Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ross McCormack

Fri May 18, 2012 9:51 am

Has refused to discuss a new deal at Weeds and Warnock expects him to leave the club shortly.

Re: Ross McCormack

Fri May 18, 2012 10:30 am

aj1927 wrote:Has refused to discuss a new deal at Weeds and Warnock expects him to leave the club shortly.

Would do well upfront with Kenny I think

Fri May 18, 2012 11:09 am

according to one Leeds fan I know he failed the attitude test at times - had a quiet season then a decent season, fell out with the manager again...

If we want to be serious contenders for top 2 finish (and obviously that is a big 'if' but let's just hope we are) then I would want a better striker with maybe more pace or height, ideally both!

Fri May 18, 2012 1:49 pm

i would love him back here :ayatollah:

Fri May 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Was devastated when McCormack went!

Had so much potential under the correct guidance and group of players. Sadly he never got that.

Under Malky and our current squad however, I feel he could be a player that would be BETTER back here than the first time! :ayatollah:

Yes I am a fan of Ross. ;)

Fri May 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Merlin wrote:Was devastated when McCormack went!

Had so much potential under the correct guidance and group of players. Sadly he never got that.

Under Malky and our current squad however, I feel he could be a player that would be BETTER back here than the first time! :ayatollah:

Yes I am a fan of Ross. ;)

have we ever gone back to a player that has performed the second time.....let ross go....bring in new players :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Would much prefer him INSTEAD of Miller to be honest

Fri May 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Love to have him back. I think Malkey can sort out his attitude out and he's scottish as well Haha

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:31 am

Latest on Ross McCormack -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ker-908227

Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:35 am

To be honest I'm not really a fan of many players coming back to former clubs however I would make an acception for Neil Alexander :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:44 am

Angry Man wrote:To be honest I'm not really a fan of many players coming back to former clubs however I would make an acception for Neil Alexander :ayatollah:

Why would you want another keep, he certainly isn't better than Marshall despite his older years and we have Lewis as back up.
I don't see the worth in having three keepers keepers on big wages.

I'd take Rossco back.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:46 am

LutonBluebird wrote:
aj1927 wrote:Has refused to discuss a new deal at Weeds and Warnock expects him to leave the club shortly.

If MM was to sign McCormack or a similar type of striker it would in my opinion, be to replace Miller. I also believe that he will bring in a striker with a real physical presence who can hold the ball up and allow players such as Whittingham and Mason to play off him.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:07 am

Don't think it'll happen-not Malkys type.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:24 am

£2.5 million?

What did we sell him for?

Massive mistake letting him go.

Which ST of ours scored 19 last season

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:34 am

I would prefer somome in the mould of Ricardo Fullar than Ross i dont think McCormack would suit MM's ideologies as he had a weight problem when he was with us ? and Malky likes Mean and lean .
On another note if he did go to Huddesfield would we be entitiled to a precentage of any fee regarding any sell on clause ?.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:52 am

Would love to see him back hear. Have heard whispers of a move to Huddersfield, though. :(

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:21 am

I remember seeing ross being quite rude to young supporters wanting a picture taken with him after a game! F**k him and his attitude!

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:43 am

Was gutted when McCormack left. Dave jones let this one slip when he played him out wide always preferred him to chopra

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Would love to see him back, good addition as can play upfront or wing :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:10 pm

He would surely fail Malky's dossier test so I think it is unlikely.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:32 pm

We don't need another shortie.I was a fan of Ross but I don't think he's the type of player that we should be
trying to bring to the club.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Perhaps Malky couls sort Ross out. Was sorry to see him go, and would love to have him back. Burkie too :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Off to Huddersfield apparently to work with Grayson again

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Up front? Another short striker.. Great thinking guys :roll:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:25 pm

GARY CCFC wrote:Off to Huddersfield apparently to work with Grayson again

McCormack,Rhodes,Novak :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:
GARY CCFC wrote:Off to Huddersfield apparently to work with Grayson again

McCormack,Rhodes,Novak :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Scary, very scary indeed.

Plus, they'd all be wearing blue in our own back yard on the opening day!

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm

If they play a 4-4-3 in this division I will laugh. They will be down in the Relegation zone. Their midfield and defence wont be as tip top as their attack.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:42 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:If they play a 4-4-3 in this division I will laugh. They will be down in the Relegation zone. Their midfield and defence wont be as tip top as their attack.

They will lose every game if they play 4-4-3 :lol:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:25 pm

cmon leeds lol...... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:31 pm

4-4-3? They playing without a goalkeeper then?