Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players to be sold - hard campaign ahead

Wed May 16, 2012 7:52 am

I still believe we - the club are in uncertain times following recent events and until an announcement is made with regards to our future, we have missed a great initial opportunity.
As a result I believe Whitts will be sold , who else not sure and am bracing myself for others and a very hard campaign next season and that signings will be few and far between.
Will Whitts be sold?
Who else will go other than those released?

Re: Players to be sold - hard campaign ahead

Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 am

Or we will strengthen like never before and be playing Prem football season after next.
Wolves and Birmringham will lead the way whilst Bolton and Blackburn will not live up to the expectation.
Sheff we'd could have the momentum and push on like saints did this term but DJ will then fail at the final hurdle .

I really feel positive about next season, Don't know why, just a gut feeling.

Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 am

aj1927 wrote:Or we will strengthen like never before and be playing Prem football season after next.
Wolves and Birmringham will lead the way whilst Bolton and Blackburn will not live up to the expectation.
Sheff we'd could have the momentum and push on like saints did this term but DJ will then fail at the final hurdle .

I really feel positive about next season, Don't know why, just a gut feeling.

Wolves might go for it, the Bolton chairman is making all the right noises. As for the other two, I can't see them really challenging this year, Blackburn are an absolute car crash at the moment.

Wed May 16, 2012 8:30 am

If brum hadn't been in Europa they would've been promoted IMO.
Just hope Spammers win play off as I don't want them in the lge again watching them live on telly every other weekend was a joke. Sky and BBC should be ashamed of themselves.

Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 am

aj1927 wrote:If brum hadn't been in Europa they would've been promoted IMO.
Just hope Spammers win play off as I don't want them in the lge again watching them live on telly every other weekend was a joke. Sky and BBC should be ashamed of themselves.

Possibly, but aren't Birmingham living off their parachute payments and whatever income they can generate? I thought their owner had all his assets seized? If that's the case, then last season was their chance imo. As for Sky and the BBC, it was the same when Newcastle came down, they've got to go with demand.

Wed May 16, 2012 8:38 am

scotsjack wrote:
aj1927 wrote:If brum hadn't been in Europa they would've been promoted IMO.

Possibly, but aren't Birmingham living off their parachute payments and whatever income they can generate? I thought their owner had all his assets seized? If that's the case, then last season was their chance imo. As for Sky and the BBC, it was the same when Newcastle came down, they've got to go with demand.

Correct and they also have a Football League transfer embargo for failing to file their lastest accounts.

Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 am

Assasin wrote:I still believe we - the club are in uncertain times following recent events and until an announcement is made with regards to our future, we have missed a great initial opportunity.
As a result I believe Whitts will be sold , who else not sure and am bracing myself for others and a very hard campaign next season and that signings will be few and far between.
Will Whitts be sold?
Who else will go other than those released?

That would make no sense whatsoever. Yes Whitts may go if a PL club bids high enough and he wants out but there is no way that Malaysians will see us having a hard season on the field. They seem committed to the Club and if they were prepared to put in £100m then a couple of million for new players is not unreasonable. They don't want us wasting any more time in this league when they know that the rewards of the Prem are enourmous :ayatollah: