Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VT A SENSE OF OUR HISTORY

Wed May 16, 2012 7:13 am

It has been said on here many times in this last week ,and I have even seen it before all the Blue to Red problems broke out, that VT and the Malaysians have know Idea of what our history mean to us. I think the post from Carl must surley point out even to the most unbusiness like fan. That VT understands our history very well and what it means to us. Other wise why would he want the Blues out of our CCS, just so he can make it more like a shrine to our past. I think part of Carls post tells it all what they have in there plans for our club.
Just in case someone has not read Carls post or missed the part Im on about here it is, and Im sure you will agree even the most Blue of Blue of us must see that they do have a great deal of respect for our past history.

QUOTE FROM CARL ,
Vincent Tan is the primary reason that Cardiff Blues and Cardiff City Football Club could come to an agreement that would release the Blues from their remaining 16 year tenancy agreement with us, Vincent Tan wants us to be able to celebrate our history by decorating our stadium with memorabilia from the good days gone by, with the Blues involved that was simply not possible.

We will see pictures and not 4' x 2' size prints but huge floor to ceiling images of iconic images of City's achievements of past seasons decorate the walls of the bar areas and other parts of the stadium to constantly remind us of days we cherish, this was Vincent Tan's idea. Who will decide on what images and how the stadium walls will be decorated? It will be us the fans, again Vincent Tan idea. UnQuote !

So for all of you that has spoke out against the owners of our club,I would try to work out why VT and his guys are doing what they are doing. They have great plans for this club something a few years ago we couldnt even dream of. Now its up to us as fans to help VT and the board to make them dreams come true. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Re: VT A SENSE OF OUR HISTORY

Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 am

Over the last 2 years I have contacted both TG and Gethin Jenkins many times regarding the lack of any CCFC history around the stadium etc , I even suggested renaming ALL the bar areas after ex City players ..... response was that it would upset the Blues and their rugby fraternity . Well maybe this is the 1st positive sign to come of this ..... altho Im not convinced by a Chinese bloke who obviously supports Liverpool but now wants to invent a new Liverpool in Cardiff , maybe have a Liver bird too on our new badge for good measure ? But ....... Im sure everything is gonna be alrite :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

ps Peterborough fans tell me Joe Lewis is shite and even laughed at the prospect of him coming here !!!

Re: VT A SENSE OF OUR HISTORY

Wed May 16, 2012 7:29 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Over the last 2 years I have contacted both TG and Gethin Jenkins many times regarding the lack of any CCFC history around the stadium etc , I even suggested renaming ALL the bar areas after ex City players ..... response was that it would upset the Blues and their rugby fraternity . Well maybe this is the 1st positive sign to come of this ..... altho Im not convinced by a Chinese bloke who obviously supports Liverpool but now wants to invent a new Liverpool in Cardiff , maybe have a Liver bird too on our new badge for good measure ? But ....... Im sure everything is gonna be alrite :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

ps Peterborough fans tell me Joe Lewis is shite and even laughed at the prospect of him coming here !!!

Well it do show that they do take things on board yer ? I know a number of grounds name there Bars and other things after past players and managers and thats great. You are also very right about how dull it looks when you walk into the CCS it do tend to kill the day a little :-) . as for our badge ,that has been changed a few times, ok it has always had a Bluebird on it but Im sure we could have something like a Dragon holding a Flag with a Bluebirs on the Flag ? to me its shows Wales is holding up the bluebirds as the number one team :-) That should really piss the Swans off :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: