Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can't Believe Some Of The Badge Designs On Here.

Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 pm

First of all, good on you, all you wannabe designers with your Photoshop, for making time out for coming up with badge ideas, no doubt as a compromise, or as a last resort to stop VT and TG walking away, so well done.

However, on more than one post and on CCMB, I am seeing badge designs with a Malaysian flag on it! That represents everything I hate about what money has done to the game I have worshipped all my life, its a sport not a business, try telling the guys in our academy trying to get a full time contract, that its a business. Ridiculous IMO. I suspect old Fred Keenor is turning in his grave at the thought. Its the ultimate sell out, I mean its our badge, our coat of arms, our emblem. I am embarrassed to see a Cardiff badge, capital city of Wales, a mystical, historic landscape of scenery, industry and proud patriotic good people, with the national flag of a country from another continent!!!!

I am dead against the rebrand, but want the club to stop losing all this cash every month (assuming thats the case) so would welcome compromise to take my club forward. Cant take the possibility of losing the famous blue that is in my blood, just because of another countries lucky colour, thats bad enough, but, seeing that flag on my badge? NO!!!!!! Only if the alternative was liquidation would I accept that, football clubs can recover from administration you know.

If we had English owners saving us from impending doom, and they wanted an English flag on our badge, would you accept that?? I suspect not.

If I find the time, I will have a go in the next day or two, to open up Photoshop, and do a google search for the following -

A celtic shield
Flag of St David
The Bluebird (swallow) logo
A red dragon (my compromise)
The goat and seahorse from the 1927 coat of arms.
And a motto in Welsh, like the one on the above badge or even "I'll Be There"

That will be a fiery, passionate, proud looking badge. So somebody go beat me to it.
:ayatollah:

Re: Can't Believe Some Of The Badge Designs On Here.

Tue May 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh no! Youve just sent our club to the wall. I hope your proud of yourself you knuckle dragging, racist thug. ;)

Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 pm

I heard up the valley like that Tony Montana, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Stringer Bell wanna do you for killing our club. Just a warning like.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:First of all, good on you, all you wannabe designers with your Photoshop, for making time out for coming up with badge ideas, no doubt as a compromise, or as a last resort to stop VT and TG walking away, so well done.

However, on more than one post and on CCMB, I am seeing badge designs with a Malaysian flag on it! That represents everything I hate about what money has done to the game I have worshipped all my life, its a sport not a business, try telling the guys in our academy trying to get a full time contract, that its a business. Ridiculous IMO. I suspect old Fred Keenor is turning in his grave at the thought. Its the ultimate sell out, I mean its our badge, our coat of arms, our emblem. I am embarrassed to see a Cardiff badge, capital city of Wales, a mystical, historic landscape of scenery, industry and proud patriotic good people, with the national flag of a country from another continent!!!!
I am dead against the rebrand, but want the club to stop losing all this cash every month (assuming thats the case) so would welcome compromise to take my club forward. Cant take the possibility of losing the famous blue that is in my blood, just because of another countries lucky colour, thats bad enough, but, seeing that flag on my badge? NO!!!!!! Only if the alternative was liquidation would I accept that, football clubs can recover from administration you know.

If we had English owners saving us from impending doom, and they wanted an English flag on our badge, would you accept that?? I suspect not.

If I find the time, I will have a go in the next day or two, to open up Photoshop, and do a google search for the following -

A celtic shield
Flag of St David
The Bluebird (swallow) logo
A red dragon (my compromise)
The goat and seahorse from the 1927 coat of arms.
And a motto in Welsh, like the one on the above badge or even "I'll Be There"

That will be a fiery, passionate, proud looking badge. So somebody go beat me to it.
:ayatollah:

100% correct

Tue May 15, 2012 11:29 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I heard up the valley like that Tony Montana, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Stringer Bell wanna do you for killing our club. Just a warning like.

Lets see what happens over next 7 days, hope its quick whatever happens, as Malky could start missing out on some transfer targets.

As for 'killing our club', to me losing your club colours, nickname and badge that you have grown up with, is exactly that. Not everyone is in agreement, I expect, accept and respect that, so should some others.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:43 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I heard up the valley like that Tony Montana, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Stringer Bell wanna do you for killing our club. Just a warning like.

Lets see what happens over next 7 days, hope its quick whatever happens, as Malky could start missing out on some transfer targets.

As for 'killing our club', to me losing your club colours, nickname and badge that you have grown up with, is exactly that. Not everyone is in agreement, I expect, accept and respect that, so should some others.

I'm only messing with you mate, I agree with everything you said. I was just parodying one of the leaders who came out with a few threats towards people like you and me.

I am all for respecting the Malaysians, as long as we can learn to have some self respect as well.

Wed May 16, 2012 2:10 am

as one of the people who made a badge and put a Malaysian flag in it, i dislike it myself, i was just throwing an idea out there, a compromise, something to please both parties. if you ask me we shouldnt change anything one bit. if they need it to change then so be it, but changing wont make any difference in my opinion, so why upset/anger us the real fans?

Wed May 16, 2012 6:30 am

Davidreesevans wrote:as one of the people who made a badge and put a Malaysian flag in it, i dislike it myself, i was just throwing an idea out there, a compromise, something to please both parties. if you ask me we shouldnt change anything one bit. if they need it to change then so be it, but changing wont make any difference in my opinion, so why upset/anger us the real fans?

As I said, well done for trying to come up with something, ironically I REALLY LIKED ONE OF THE DESIGNS! Just not the flag, thats sacrilege for me. I always thought we need a new badge anyway, have NEVER liked that shield around the crest that Joma introduced.

Wed May 16, 2012 9:08 am

Can't see a problem having a Malaysian flag integrated into our badge or shirt tbh!

I think I'm right in saying, that the Malaysian flags have been posted around the new stadium, since around the time it was opened and I can't remember too many complaints about them, except that there were no Welsh flags at the time, which have now been put in place as well!

It'd be just like having some sponsor's name on the shirt and if it brings in any form of revenue to move the club forward and with a chance of being able to balance the books, I can't see the problem!

There's umpteen UK towns and cities twinned with other countries towns and cities around the world, thereby forging links and financial gain for those places!

IMO, the Malaysian flag on our shirt, may well sell more shirts for us than the proposed dragon! :ayatollah:

Wed May 16, 2012 9:38 am

You say you would welcome compromise to take our club forward..unfortunately one side carries all the aces. Seems like some compromise has been reached anyway with the decision to still play in blue at home and retain the bluebird on our shirts.
I'm desperate for our club to reach it's maximum potential and in VT and TG we have the ammo to achieve this and IMO a kit change would've been a small price to pay to be amongst the big hitters in the British game.

Wed May 16, 2012 9:47 am

You got to remember those badge designs were only a bit of fun. Probably designed by a youngster.

Stop being so serious.