Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My mate in Malaysia told me.....

Tue May 15, 2012 5:05 pm

I spoke to a mate of mine who is a City fan in Malaysia today, ex Port Talbot lad, and asked his opinion on the shirt issue, he repeated what had already been said about the good luck aspect of the red and told me that this year is the year of the dragon, the luckiest time believe it or not in the Asian years, the birth rate increases tenfold in this year. So I asked is it right that they wear more UTD and lfc shirts, he said yes,,,,,BUT THEY SUPPORT ANY WINNING TEAM,,,,, he said, it will probably be man city now. The premiership is massive there, BUT NO CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES ARE SHOWN, which begs the question, why change our colour now, let's build a winning team and then think about shirt sales in the far east, a team shirt maybe they'd wear then!!!

Re: My mate in Malaysia told me.....

Tue May 15, 2012 5:13 pm

Maybe (don't know) VT is trying to build a brand over there.

Hopeing they will support city as they are Malaysian owned and wear Malaysia on their shirts.

The red shirt and dragon is all part of the initial marketing and advertisisng campaign to get early interest before going for the EPL. Easier to sell to them if it something they associate good things with.