Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So many 'loyal' fans on here

Tue May 15, 2012 4:53 pm

I cannot believe the amount of people on here are happy to see their so called club lose every inch of history in a blink of an eye as soon as they smell the cash. Personally I am 100% against the rebranding but if it sees the bluebirds avoid administration so be it, it is out of our hands. It's just the way some fans are so blasae about it happening is quite unbelievable and the fact that they are then tunin[url][/url]g on fellow fans to back the Malaysians is truely pathetic.

Re: So many 'loyal' fans on here

Tue May 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Bob Bank Bluebird wrote:I cannot believe the amount of people on here are happy to see their so called club lose every inch of history in a blink of an eye as soon as they smell the cash. Personally I am 100% against the rebranding but if it sees the bluebirds avoid administration so be it, it is out of our hands. It's just the way some fans are so blasae about it happening is quite unbelievable and the fact that they are then tunin[url][/url]g on fellow fans to back the Malaysians is truely pathetic.

How do you lose history or change history?

Most of us are concerned about having a future, because you can definitely change that.

Tue May 15, 2012 4:55 pm

I'm more concerned about liquidation rather than administration tbh

Tue May 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Bob Bank Bluebird wrote:I cannot believe the amount of people on here are happy to see their so called club lose every inch of history in a blink of an eye as soon as they smell the cash. Personally I am 100% against the rebranding but if it sees the bluebirds avoid administration so be it, it is out of our hands. It's just the way some fans are so blasae about it happening is quite unbelievable and the fact that they are then tunin[url][/url]g on fellow fans to back the Malaysians is truely pathetic.

We are loyal fans, we just have different opinions on this subject.

Tue May 15, 2012 5:00 pm

When the news first broke it was the other way around.The dummy spiter outers were abusing just about everyone who didn't agree with them. :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:We are loyal fans, we just have different opinions on this subject.

:ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:We are loyal fans, we just have different opinions on this subject.

Well said.

:ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 5:21 pm

I don't think everyone really see's where Im coming from. I don't want to see our club disappear under any circumstances it's just I don't understand why some fans act as if they are 100% happy with the situation were in and are so pro red they seem not to care that we will never be same club we all grow up supporting and the reason why were all on this forum right now.
I love my club and I hate to see these changes taking place whilst we're helplessly looking on waiting for decisions to be made. I'm just pissed off with the attitude of certain fans, that is all.

Tue May 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Bob Bank Bluebird wrote:I don't think everyone really see's where Im coming from. I don't want to see our club disappear under any circumstances it's just I don't understand why some fans act as if they are 100% happy with the situation were in and are so pro red they seem not to care that we will never be same club we all grow up supporting and the reason why were all on this forum right now.
I love my club and I hate to see these changes taking place whilst we're helplessly looking on waiting for decisions to be made. I'm just pissed off with the attitude of certain fans, that is all.

Fine, just don't question their loyalty for having a different opinion. I want to stay with our current identity, but I haven't said they don't love the club as much as I do.

Tue May 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Bob Bank Bluebird wrote:I don't think everyone really see's where Im coming from. I don't want to see our club disappear under any circumstances it's just I don't understand why some fans act as if they are 100% happy with the situation were in and are so pro red they seem not to care that we will never be same club we all grow up supporting and the reason why were all on this forum right now.

I fail to see how we will never be the same club when the stadium, fans and history remain. If we aren't the same then it will surely be because we are bigger and better. It's just change and all good businesses change in order to embrace the future and flourish. And yes Cardiff city are a business first and foremost as that's the way is now.

Tue May 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

I fail to see how we will never be the same club when the stadium, fans and history remain. If we aren't the same then it will surely be because we are bigger and better. It's just change and all good businesses change in order to embrace the future and flourish. And yes Cardiff city are a business first and foremost as that's the way is now.

Which is a culture shock for some of us and possibly not how we want our club to be - too cold and out of touch, arguably, with the paying punter.

Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 pm

A lot to be said for that Nedd but it's the football world we live in. In fact there are so many things wrong about the sold called modern game, not just the cold business side but also diving, feigning injury, soft yellow cards so you can't tackle etc etc. Alas it's reality so you adapt or die

Tue May 15, 2012 7:25 pm

I was surprised when reading the poll results last night. I was surprised that some fans voted red and never changed my mind. As a dummy spitter outer, I dramatically mellowed on Thursday when the club statement came out, and now, not as principled as last week accept change.

Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Change or die,simple really :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 7:30 pm

I couldn't disagree more. I haven't seen one thread where anyone has preferred red over the blue. There is a sizable majority who accept that a rebranding has to happen to secure our future, but they don't relish it.

Threads like this are so unhelpful, simply making up stories about unnamed fans so you can portray yourself as some kind of latter day Ninian Park Swampy who is prepared to live in a tree and eat roots to stop modernisation.

Get really for God’s sake we all hate the thought of Red over Blue, but we accept it because we hate the destruction of our club more.

Tue May 15, 2012 7:30 pm

BlueAlbert wrote:Change or die,simple really :ayatollah:

Unless its to late :cry:

Tue May 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. I haven't seen one thread where anyone has preferred red over the blue. There is a sizable majority who accept that a rebranding has to happen to secure our future, but they don't relish it.

Threads like this are so unhelpful, simply making up stories about unnamed fans so you can portray yourself as some kind of latter day Ninian Park Swampy who is prepared to live in a tree and eat roots to stop modernisation.

Get really for God’s sake we all hate the thought of Red over Blue, but we accept it because we hate the destruction of our club more.

Class,fair play.I think I'll change my name to Ninian Park Swampy :lol: :lol: :lol:and the post is spot on too :D

Tue May 15, 2012 8:39 pm

The thing is we will always have our history, the Bob Bank is gone but i doubt there are many posters who dont understand what your user name means. If I can get used to playing in our new stadium instead of Ninian Park, then other changes to adapt and survive as Cardiff City can be looked at :ayatollah: