Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How come there are no multi millionaires

Tue May 15, 2012 2:59 pm

from Wales and especially with links to the capital city who seem to give two fecks for the city's football club? Most other cities in the UK seem to have a few benevelant millionaires who love nothing more than the kudos that comes with owning a football club in their own City, yet there seems to be no one of that status and wealth within Cardiff. With a city the size of cardiff and the wealth that there must surely be amongst its business community, I find it astonishing that we have no-one to step up to the plate.
Even the Jacks, managed to muster together a few guys with modest wealth, yet all we have ever attracted are local business men who want huge returns in their investments, all very strange.

Re: How come there are no multi millionaires

Tue May 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:from Wales and especially with links to the capital city who seem to give two fecks for the city's football club? Most other cities in the UK seem to have a few benevelant millionaires who love nothing more than the kudos that comes with owning a football club in their own City, yet there seems to be no one of that status and wealth within Cardiff. With a city the size of cardiff and the wealth that there must surely be amongst its business community, I find it astonishing that we have no-one to step up to the plate.
Even the Jacks, managed to muster together a few guys with modest wealth, yet all we have ever attracted are local business men who want huge returns in their investments, all very strange.

Cardiff City Football Club always seems to have appealed to the poorer people in the city and surrounding areas. The following will be more "affluent" in the future and less poor people will follow the club. Other clubs have already gone that way, but we are behind them on that score. Progress or not? You decide.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Would you want to pump your money in?
Chances are you would lose a packet and chances are somebody will call you a c**t for trying to help.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:05 pm

We've always got Annis ;)

Tue May 15, 2012 3:05 pm

griff105 wrote:Would you want to pump your money in?
Chances are you would lose a packet and chances are somebody will call you a c**t for trying to help.

:lol:

Can't argue with that!

Tue May 15, 2012 3:06 pm

CantonJack wrote:We've always got Annis ;)

He's put enough in already.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Cos most the rich kunts support man united! And the rest are rugby buffs lol! They don't want to associate themselves with a workin class football club from south wales ffs :lol:
Last edited by mr'mogreenz on Tue May 15, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Totally agree, nothing will ever please our fans, I certainly wouldnt use my millions trying

Tue May 15, 2012 3:09 pm

:lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 3:12 pm

The only person that springs to mind is Sir Terry Matthews who owns the Celtic Manor.....how come no one at the club has tried wining and dining him with a view to taking us over. Dont forget the Jacks got there's by them almost going out of business with the regime their offering people try owed money too something like 10p in the pound back. In other words.....on the cheap.....taking over Cardiff city isn't cheap as we have always had people owning us that we owed back.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:45 pm

If you won 200 mill on some silly euro lottery or anywhere , you'd think 100 mill would do me and mine forever. Would you then do , as posts suggest , and invest your other 100 mill in CCFC ? And if you did , would you make any changes ?

Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 pm

HANDBALL ! wrote:If you won 200 mill on some silly euro lottery or anywhere , you'd think 100 mill would do me and mine forever. Would you then do , as posts suggest , and invest your other 100 mill in CCFC ? And if you did , would you make any changes ?

I don't know where this fictional £100 million has come from or how much cred you lend to it, but the club from the year 2000, could have been purchased for anything between £2million and when PMG took over for around £9million, with all the debts to be paid off, my estimate would be that someone could have bought it for £40 million lock stock and barrel, outright 100% yours.

Now add another £10 million per annum to cover a shortfall in turnover and that's the club owned out right, with a £50-£80 million purse from Premiership football, it aint the worst investment someone could make, especially if what was driving you was ambition to see the club you support achieve in the highest division, if you got some or most of your money back then that would be a just a fantastic bonus, would 'nt it?