Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

legal age for drinking

Tue May 15, 2012 2:40 pm

do you think if they raised the legal age to 21 it would cut crime

Re: legal age for drinking

Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 pm

They better f*cking not, I've only got another 2 years to wait and if they change it I'll be pissed (no pun intended)

Tue May 15, 2012 2:45 pm

CantonJack wrote:They better f*cking not, I've only got another 2 years to wait and if they change it I'll be pissed (no pun intended)

all the pubs be shut down by then cantonjack,how many has shut in canton

Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 pm

sleepers wrote:do you think if they raised the legal age to 21 it would cut crime

No.

I started drinking when I was 14 and the legal limit was 18. There are ways around it and that won't change. It's the reasons for drinking that we have to look at and the lack of facilities for young people who, sometimes, drink through sheer boredom.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
sleepers wrote:do you think if they raised the legal age to 21 it would cut crime

No.

I started drinking when I was 14 and the legal limit was 18. There are ways around it and that won't change. It's the reasons for drinking that we have to look at and the lack of facilities for young people who, sometimes, drink through sheer boredom.

i dont agree with it it just a conversation i was having with my boys,one said something interesting
would it push kids to get high another way ie waccy baccy or stronger,i am not have a go just it was a interesting
talk with the kids

Tue May 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Lol raising the legal age to 21 aint gunna stop the "YOOTS" from gettin hold of booze! And its easy to fake an I.d, so no...it wouldnt

Tue May 15, 2012 2:58 pm

sleepers wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

No.

i dont agree with it it just a conversation i was having with my boys,one said something interesting
would it push kids to get high another way ie waccy baccy or stronger,i am not have a go just it was a interesting
talk with the kids

Fair enough, mate and I wasn't saying you were. I agree with the point that it may well push kids towards more dangerous substances but, again, as I said, I feel we need to look at the reasons behind us wanting to get a "high" in the first place - whether it's alcohol, disco biscuits or whatever.

I remember kids around me sniffing glue, inhaling gas, smoking dope, boozing - and this was when we were 14. Boredom played a big factor in this - and peer pressure to do "crazy" things.