Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

a unit of alchol is to increase to i minimum of 40p

Tue May 15, 2012 12:33 pm

so does that meen its ok to get smashed only if you can afford it,to me it should not be about price,but more to do with people being responsible.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: a unit of alchol is to increase to i minimum of 40p

Tue May 15, 2012 12:34 pm

krabb wrote:so does that meen its ok to get smashed only if you can afford it,to me it should not be about price,but more to do with people being responsible.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But the whole point of the increase is the fact that people are not being responsible. This is one of the only good things the tories have done. Still won't work though.

Tue May 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
krabb wrote:so does that meen its ok to get smashed only if you can afford it,to me it should not be about price,but more to do with people being responsible.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But the whole point of the increase is the fact that people are not being responsible. This is one of the only good things the tories have done. Still won't work though.

but does putting the price up solve a problem,think of the many people on low income that buy cheap beer,maybe a couple of pints a night,should they be punished for some idiot that will get smashed whatever the price,i also assume that shoplifting of alchol will increase massively.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm

krabb wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

but does putting the price up solve a problem,think of the many people on low income that buy cheap beer,maybe a couple of pints a night,should they be punished for some idiot that will get smashed whatever the price,i also assume that shoplifting of alchol will increase massively.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Which is why they shouldn't have slashed the Police Forces Budget. :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
krabb wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

do they buy lots of cheap booze then??? :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Time to buy a few creates and store them in the shed then :lol:

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

wont solve anything. Just like speed bumps, people who are determined to over drink or speed will continue to do so. bur the working class who like a few pints at the weekend to relax will get stuffed yet again, in the name of we are helping you.
wake up !

krabb wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
krabb wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

do they buy lots of cheap booze then??? :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why would they do that when they have the power to shut down any shop they want to? :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
krabb wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
krabb wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Why would they do that when they have the power to shut down any shop they want to? :lol:

good point :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Is that in Wales and England?

It's going to be 50p in Scotland. does that mean there will be bootlegging runs Over Hadrians Wall.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:15 pm

surely going back to the way it was would be far more effective.......Off Licence or Off Sales.

do i really need to pick up my 4 cans of tennants super at the petrol station or post office.

my old mum always said when Woodbines become a fiver a packet i'll give up. did she hell...they killed her.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:19 pm

I don't see any problem with that at all.

All it means to me is, that the rest of the family have less to spend on food. :D

Tue May 15, 2012 2:22 pm

SBF1 wrote:I don't see any problem with that at all.

All it means to me is, that the rest of the family have less to spend on food. :D

:lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:30 pm

SBF1 wrote:I don't see any problem with that at all.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 pm

how many units in a pint???

Tue May 15, 2012 8:36 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:how many units in a pint???

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_units_in_strongbow

Tue May 15, 2012 8:40 pm

still only 90p a can then FFS :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 8:45 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:still only 90p a can then FFS :lol:

Bargain Booze (making the pourer, richer) :D 4 pint cans for 4 quid!

Tue May 15, 2012 8:49 pm

SBF1 wrote:

bargain booze for your flagon of acid cider 3 hammers

Tue May 15, 2012 8:51 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

bargain booze for your flagon of acid cider 3 hammers

Daya and two others? Very acidic :D

Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 pm

looks like im going to have to become an electrician to be able to afford to drink :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 10:19 pm

ninianblue wrote:

looks like im going to have to become an electrician to be able to afford to drink :lol: :ayatollah:

tea for me.....im just a poor sparky :D :D :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Wayne S wrote:Is that in Wales and England?

It's going to be 50p in Scotland. does that mean there will be bootlegging runs Over Hadrians Wall.

Nah, the scots are hardy characters, it won't be a "aslfsdgfsdgfousadfvvc" loosely translated as "spare us ten pence for a cup of tea mate" it will be "asdjsdfdxbbxcdxjdheveeh " can yer spare us a quid for a can o beer. No my man, go forth and support the Celtic, for they are strange. But, but I support the rangers, feck um, I retort, no, no Mr. Queens Park Rangers, we've got Joey Barton and Jay Bothroyd.

Ahh. Here's 20 quid, spend it wisely.

The feckers will be round me gaff now I imagine, scrounging contracts. I've already bought 18 cat food things for the cats that come a scrounging and two litres of milk.

And no I haven't sprayed the cats with paint, they are a cool grey colour :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Is that in Wales and England?

Nah, the scots are hardy characters, it won't be a "aslfsdgfsdgfousadfvvc" loosely translated as "spare us ten pence for a cup of tea mate" it will be "asdjsdfdxbbxcdxjdheveeh " can yer spare us a quid for a can o beer. No my man, go forth and support the Celtic, for they are strange. But, but I support the rangers, feck um, I retort, no, no Mr. Queens Park Rangers, we've got Joey Barton and Jay Bothroyd.

Ahh. Here's 20 quid, spend it wisely.

The feckers will be round me gaff now I imagine, scrounging contracts. I've already bought 18 cat food things for the cats that come a scrounging and two litres of milk.

And no I haven't sprayed the cats with paint, they are a cool grey colour :ayatollah:

You been testing the content of a few, Willy? :D

Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 pm

I do love a kebab SB

Tue May 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:I do love a kebab SB

:lol: :thumbup: