Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE REAL FANS MAY GET THEIR WISH

Tue May 15, 2012 2:21 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Merlin wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Merlin wrote:I know a real Cardiff fan who's never been to a game in his life! He eats, breathes and sleeps cardiff, and talks a good talk when it comes to football as well! In fact he probably knows a lot more about our club than SOME people that attend regular home and away games! Does that make him any less a fan of a club than someone else? or is there a leading rule somewhere that says you must have had a ST for more than 1 yr to be able to call yourself a REAL fan?

talking about yourself merlin :?: :lol:

Yes of course I am, thats why I travel on the forum coach, and drink in the ninian before games? when are you coming to buy me a pint? ;)

:lol: i already have ;)

No you haven't! :old:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Merlin wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Merlin wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Merlin wrote:I know a real Cardiff fan who's never been to a game in his life! He eats, breathes and sleeps cardiff, and talks a good talk when it comes to football as well! In fact he probably knows a lot more about our club than SOME people that attend regular home and away games! Does that make him any less a fan of a club than someone else? or is there a leading rule somewhere that says you must have had a ST for more than 1 yr to be able to call yourself a REAL fan?

talking about yourself merlin :?: :lol:

Yes of course I am, thats why I travel on the forum coach, and drink in the ninian before games? when are you coming to buy me a pint? ;)

:lol: i already have ;)

No you haven't! :old:

Free beer always tastes better no matter whos bought it bar yourself :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Stop scaremongering,and get a grip.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:47 pm

You bunch of idiots buried this club hope your happy when we are back in the fourth division ,if you are so concerned about the coloour of the jersey i got a great idea why dont you just f**k off ,..you think a few paltry fukwits would be missed. :roll:

Tue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm

lol If you had another braincell you would be a goldfish.

Tue May 15, 2012 4:18 pm

For goodness sake. :roll: I personally couldn't care less if we did end up in the 4th division again if events on the pitch transpired against us. I would still be there home and away. I remember watching City finish 90th? (I think I am right) in the football league not so many moons ago. Answer me this...it seems like a lot of the people who are in the "red camp" (so to speak) seem very anxious about finding ourselves back down towards the bottom of the football league...what would you do then if we got relegated down the divisions in our red kit? Sounds like a lot of your arguments hinge on what division City play in. To me, like everyone else...we would love to be in the Premiership. However, it is not the be all and end all. A few seasons bumming about around 16th and we would soon hear a few groans.

At the end of the day you are entitled to your opinion. Same as myself and everyone else. It doesn't make me or you or anybody a "real" fan. It's just getting...boring.

Tue May 15, 2012 4:28 pm

1touchfootball wrote:For goodness sake. :roll: I personally couldn't care less if we did end up in the 4th division again if events on the pitch transpired against us. I would still be there home and away. I remember watching City finish 90th? (I think I am right) in the football league not so many moons ago. Answer me this...it seems like a lot of the people who are in the "red camp" (so to speak) seem very anxious about finding ourselves back down towards the bottom of the football league...what would you do then if we got relegated down the divisions in our red kit? Sounds like a lot of your arguments hinge on what division City play in. To me, like everyone else...we would love to be in the Premiership. However, it is not the be all and end all. A few seasons bumming about around 16th and we would soon hear a few groans.

At the end of the day you are entitled to your opinion. Same as myself and everyone else. It doesn't make me or you or anybody a "real" fan. It's just getting...boring.

Good post.

Tue May 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Good post 1touch football, could'nt agree more.

Tue May 15, 2012 5:41 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Us plastic fans can go swing. The real fans will be able to possibly prove their loyalty and credentials when they are traipsing around the second division or even the Welsh League in their tens of thousands (why was there only two thousand of us sometimes in the old fourth division, but hey, argument for another day).

Some of us plastics have waited and prayed for years to get anywhere near where we are now and some would be prepared to watch us in red (yes, or pink pajamas) if it means we 1. stay in business, and 2. get the investment to let us progress at the highest level.

I hope these same real fans don't start turning on Malky when we have to take the field with eleven players who no one has heard of, and who simply aren't up to it, you pay peanuts as the saying goes.

But at least when we are getting thrashed 4 nil week in week out, we'll do it with pride in our blue shirt.(hope they at least keep the same shae, because that has changed a good few times as well as the badge.

dont normally agree but for once do talking to many older fans there the ones who will change if benefits club as dont want to got back to div 2 ect cant justify 2k a year to do that!! travel + st

Tue May 15, 2012 5:48 pm

1touchfootball wrote:For goodness sake. :roll: I personally couldn't care less if we did end up in the 4th division again if events on the pitch transpired against us. I would still be there home and away. I remember watching City finish 90th? (I think I am right) in the football league not so many moons ago. Answer me this...it seems like a lot of the people who are in the "red camp" (so to speak) seem very anxious about finding ourselves back down towards the bottom of the football league...what would you do then if we got relegated down the divisions in our red kit? Sounds like a lot of your arguments hinge on what division City play in. To me, like everyone else...we would love to be in the Premiership. However, it is not the be all and end all. A few seasons bumming about around 16th and we would soon hear a few groans.

you forget we will probly be in 2div because no investment and wearing blue, that is more of reality than other way around!
dont you think! sorry if you prefer to watch lower league footy thats ok but dont forget there are lots more who wont like me! as cannot justify 2k a year( st+travel) watching lower league footy, so it will be radio for me like done the many years when lived far away from cardiff, no investment downward spiral that is a fact you cannot deny!!! wichever way look at it!! :old:

Tue May 15, 2012 6:01 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Us plastic fans can go swing. The real fans will be able to possibly prove their loyalty and credentials when they are traipsing around the second division or even the Welsh League in their tens of thousands (why was there only two thousand of us sometimes in the old fourth division, but hey, argument for another day).

Some of us plastics have waited and prayed for years to get anywhere near where we are now and some would be prepared to watch us in red (yes, or pink pajamas) if it means we 1. stay in business, and 2. get the investment to let us progress at the highest level.

I hope these same real fans don't start turning on Malky when we have to take the field with eleven players who no one has heard of, and who simply aren't up to it, you pay peanuts as the saying goes.

But at least when we are getting thrashed 4 nil week in week out, we'll do it with pride in our blue shirt.(hope they at least keep the same shae, because that has changed a good few times as well as the badge.

what a very,very strange man you are...

Tue May 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Forget me if I am wrong, but aren't we in the 2nd division (or tier or whatever you want to call it) as it stands?! :roll:

pembroke allan wrote:

you forget we will probly be in 2div because no investment and wearing blue, that is more of reality than other way around!
dont you think! sorry if you prefer to watch lower league footy thats ok but dont forget there are lots more who wont like me! as cannot justify 2k a year( st+travel) watching lower league footy, so it will be radio for me like done the many years when lived far away from cardiff, no investment downward spiral that is a fact you cannot deny!!! wichever way look at it!! :old:

Tue May 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Gwyn, I didn't think it was possible that you could embarrass yourself any further this week but fair play you have proved me wrong. :roll:

Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm

top post, my thoughts about the whole thing are accept new badge, new red home shirt & nickname we become effectivley a franchise. What is to stop them a few years down the line changing the name of the club?

I am all for investment but certain things should be left alone. Imagine if Mr Tan owned Newcastle and decided to change their home strip to red, there would be a riot.

I'll always support City no matter what league they are in, been there when there has been less than 2000 at Ninian Park & I would do it again. Red is hardly a lucky colour for City I was at Bury in !990 when we got relegated!

Tue May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:

top post, my thoughts about the whole thing are accept new badge, new red home shirt & nickname we become effectivley a franchise. What is to stop them a few years down the line changing the name of the club?

I am all for investment but certain things should be left alone. Imagine if Mr Tan owned Newcastle and decided to change their home strip to red, there would be a riot.

I'll always support City no matter what league they are in, been there when there has been less than 2000 at Ninian Park & I would do it again. Red is hardly a lucky colour for City I was at Bury in !990 when we got relegated!

two great posts

Tue May 15, 2012 8:22 pm

totally agree with you the real fans lol i cant remember some of the REAL fans going to Exeter and Barnet etc or 5000 of us losing to mansfield at home 20 years ago even ,lets hope us plastic fans get our way and get investment and make the promise land ive been called a plastic and ive done over 90 grounds with the city over the years

Wed May 16, 2012 12:17 am

Ahaa...... It all adds up now , Gwyns big red stance !!!! All fits like a glove , clever mind very clever and to be fair very admirable doing what he's actually doing . I take my hat off to him for his stance and reason why, more loyal than I had him down for fair play.

Wed May 16, 2012 7:00 am

Daya wrote:Ahaa...... It all adds up now , Gwyns big red stance !!!! All fits like a glove , clever mind very clever and to be fair very admirable doing what he's actually doing . I take my hat off to him for his stance and reason why, more loyal than I had him down for fair play.

Well we are the same person some say and i have no idea what your on about :lol: