Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE REAL FANS MAY GET THEIR WISH

Tue May 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Us plastic fans can go swing. The real fans will be able to possibly prove their loyalty and credentials when they are traipsing around the second division or even the Welsh League in their tens of thousands (why was there only two thousand of us sometimes in the old fourth division, but hey, argument for another day).

Some of us plastics have waited and prayed for years to get anywhere near where we are now and some would be prepared to watch us in red (yes, or pink pajamas) if it means we 1. stay in business, and 2. get the investment to let us progress at the highest level.

I hope these same real fans don't start turning on Malky when we have to take the field with eleven players who no one has heard of, and who simply aren't up to it, you pay peanuts as the saying goes.

But at least when we are getting thrashed 4 nil week in week out, we'll do it with pride in our blue shirt.(hope they at least keep the same shae, because that has changed a good few times as well as the badge.

Re: THE REAL FANS MAY GET THEIR WISH

Tue May 15, 2012 12:25 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Us plastic fans can go swing. The real fans will be able to possibly prove their loyalty and credentials when they are traipsing around the second division or even the Welsh League in their tens of thousands (why was there only two thousand of us sometimes in the old fourth division, but hey, argument for another day).

Some of us plastics have waited and prayed for years to get anywhere near where we are now and some would be prepared to watch us in red (yes, or pink pajamas) if it means we 1. stay in business, and 2. get the investment to let us progress at the highest level.

I hope these same real fans don't start turning on Malky when we have to take the field with eleven players who no one has heard of, and who simply aren't up to it, you pay peanuts as the saying goes.

But at least when we are getting thrashed 4 nil week in week out, we'll do it with pride in our blue shirt.(hope they at least keep the same shae, because that has changed a good few times as well as the badge.

This.

As I said, I always suspected Cardiff fans would be the death of this club, sincerely hope I'm proved wrong though.

Tue May 15, 2012 12:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Us plastic fans can go swing. The real fans will be able to possibly prove their loyalty and credentials when they are traipsing around the second division or even the Welsh League in their tens of thousands (why was there only two thousand of us sometimes in the old fourth division, but hey, argument for another day).

If these real fans win then i can see these real fans supporting swansea in a few years because they wont support a cardiff in league 2, they never did. Good post mate and spot on
Last edited by Beans on Tue May 15, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Are you hearing bad news Gwyn?

Tue May 15, 2012 12:37 pm

moonboots wrote:

Are you hearing bad news Gwyn?

Tue May 15, 2012 12:38 pm

This scaremongering and having a pop at the people with a different opinion to you is boring. Get a grip fella

Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Wales No1 wrote:Gwyn, their leader do you not think you yourself have not frightened your sheep enough, threat after threat and now this and your a cardiff fan :lol: :lol:

I don't have a fans leader. But I see an opportunity when there is one and it looks like we missed out on a big opportunity.

Tue May 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Gywn aka scaremongering u-turn extraordinaire didnt you wants to keep blue also, so wouldnt that make you a real fan also as you put it. Its funny because you are contradicting yourself in your own post here. :roll:

Tue May 15, 2012 12:51 pm

It seems Ian Walsh agrees -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18064760

Tue May 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Wales No1 wrote:Gwyn, their leader do you not think you yourself have not frightened your sheep enough, threat after threat and now this and your a cardiff fan :lol: :lol:

I don't have a fans leader. But I see an opportunity when there is one and it looks like we missed out on a big opportunity.

Just wait and see what happens ,stop panicking .Nobody knows yet .

Tue May 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Scaremongering the fans but the truth seems to lie with Sam and Langston Im hearing ??

Tue May 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Scaremongering the fans but the truth seems to lie with Sam and Langston Im hearing ??

Martyn, the deal will be done, if a deal gets done with Langston/Sam, yes.

Tue May 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Scaremongering the fans but the truth seems to lie with Sam and Langston Im hearing ??

Good news then , but with or without the new branding etc do u think ? :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good news then , but with or without the new branding etc do u think ? :ayatollah:

I dont think the re-branding matters unless langston is sorted first, i guess it goes off that by the sounds of it . :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Take care o plastic one, :lol: , you are talking to a bunch of people who know nothing of business, and even less about how to go forward and be out of the Red & into the black with the bankers and court rooms. They dont know that we are still multi Mils in the Red, and every month 1mil even more so ,and if for some reason VT walks, our creditors would come out of the woodwork after what little money would be there. We would have to sell the CCS for scrap to help pay them off. But one good thing , we have the statue of Keenor now! thats bronze ,and that should be worth a few Bob Melted down to pay the creditors off.

Tue May 15, 2012 1:18 pm

wtfs a real fan? Like is there some kind of written list you must follow to class yorself a real fan? If so then can someone copy&paste the rules and regulations in this thread so I can memorise them "THANKS" in advance lol

Tue May 15, 2012 1:20 pm

ElyBlueAj wrote:This scaremongering and having a pop at the people with a different opinion to you is boring. Get a grip fella

Well said.

Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 pm

I know a real Cardiff fan who's never been to a game in his life! He eats, breathes and sleeps cardiff, and talks a good talk when it comes to football as well! In fact he probably knows a lot more about our club than SOME people that attend regular home and away games! Does that make him any less a fan of a club than someone else? or is there a leading rule somewhere that says you must have had a ST for more than 1 yr to be able to call yourself a REAL fan?

Tue May 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Merlin wrote:I know a real Cardiff fan who's never been to a game in his life! He eats, breathes and sleeps cardiff, and talks a good talk when it comes to football as well! In fact he probably knows a lot more about our club than SOME people that attend regular home and away games! Does that make him any less a fan of a club than someone else? or is there a leading rule somewhere that says you must have had a ST for more than 1 yr to be able to call yourself a REAL fan?

talking about yourself merlin :?: :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Good to see Gwyn back to his normal self. Thought he was being a bit too nice, but his inner Tony Soprano has re-emerged

Tue May 15, 2012 1:54 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Good to see Gwyn back to his normal self. Thought he was being a bit too nice, but his inner Tony Soprano has re-emerged

But he wants to remain blue so he must be a real fan as he puts it thats why i said hes talking about himself in his own thread. ironic :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Assasin wrote:It seems Ian Walsh agrees -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18064760

I was a "hate red and badge change person" but on reading that and realising the clubs survival is paramount then I'm all for whatever they do now. :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:00 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:wtfs a real fan? Like is there some kind of written list you must follow to class yorself a real fan? If so then can someone copy&paste the rules and regulations in this thread so I can memorise them "THANKS" in advance lol

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:02 pm

What a condescending, childish, petty and insulting post. Nice one fans leader.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:12 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Merlin wrote:I know a real Cardiff fan who's never been to a game in his life! He eats, breathes and sleeps cardiff, and talks a good talk when it comes to football as well! In fact he probably knows a lot more about our club than SOME people that attend regular home and away games! Does that make him any less a fan of a club than someone else? or is there a leading rule somewhere that says you must have had a ST for more than 1 yr to be able to call yourself a REAL fan?

Yes of course I am, thats why I travel on the forum coach, and drink in the ninian before games? when are you coming to buy me a pint? ;)

Fergy1927 wrote:What a condescending, childish, petty and insulting post. Nice one fans leader.

He does not lead anyone thats just it he represents himself as said the othernight in the meeting. So why hes even in the same room i have no idea.

Nice one BigGwynram
I don't want to go back to those dismal days with a crowd of 2500 watching us lose and fighting relegation season after season.
Been there ,Seen it, Done it, Did'nt like it.
If the club asked all the fans who have fan numbers
to vote, I think there would be a majority decision of accepting a red kit

Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Merlin wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Yes of course I am, thats why I travel on the forum coach, and drink in the ninian before games? when are you coming to buy me a pint? ;)

:lol: i already have ;)

Tue May 15, 2012 2:15 pm

How ironic, it seems the investment decision has nothing to do with the red or blue debate, but it all hangs on Gwynns mate Sam Hamman..

Tue May 15, 2012 2:17 pm

wkdblue wrote:How ironic, it seems the investment decision has nothing to do with the red or blue debate, but it all hangs on Gwynns mate Sam Hamman..

I think we all knew that deep down its the biggest debt of all before they even address anything else i guess :ayatollah: