Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY FINAL WORD ON THE BLUE/RED DEBATE ... Well maybe

Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 am

From my perspective there is no such thing as luck. The teams that win things are the best teams. A bad team in blue or red is still a bad team. A good team in blue or red is still a good team. The colour of the shirt has no bearing on whether the team plays well or not.

StT.

Re: MY FINAL WORD ON THE BLUE/RED DEBATE ... Well maybe

Tue May 15, 2012 11:38 am

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:From my perspective there is no such thing as luck. The teams that win things are the best teams. A bad team in blue or red is still a bad team. A good team in blue or red is still a good team. The colour of the shirt has no bearing on whether the team plays well or not.

StT.

Agreed.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:From my perspective there is no such thing as luck. The teams that win things are the best teams. A bad team in blue or red is still a bad team. A good team in blue or red is still a good team. The colour of the shirt has no bearing on whether the team plays well or not.

StT.

Agreed.

Great mind and all that NG.

StT.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:42 am

Can't you read? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK.

The main purpose of the proposed colour change from Blue to Red is to appeal to the Asian market. Please bare in mind, the Asian markets are booming and rapidly growing. It's not all to do with shirt sales, albiet it is included, its to make Cardiff City FC attractive to Asian investors, thus more money being pumped into the club.

The whole thing to do with luck is not that it will make Cardiff get promoted, that's down to the players and management, it's the fact that in ASIA or more specifically Malaysia, red is a lucky colour, its a tradition. Thus, again, making Cardiff more appealing and attractive to any potential Asian investors.

Comprende? Understand? Get it now? :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 11:49 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Can't you read? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK.

The main purpose of the proposed colour change from Blue to Red is to appeal to the Asian market. Please bare in mind, the Asian markets are booming and rapidly growing. It's not all to do with shirt sales, albiet it is included, its to make Cardiff City FC attractive to Asian investors, thus more money being pumped into the club.

The whole thing to do with luck is not that it will make Cardiff get promoted, that's down to the players and management, it's the fact that in ASIA or more specifically Malaysia, red is a lucky colour, its a tradition. Thus, again, making Cardiff more appealing and attractive to any potential Asian investors.

Agreed! with Bridgend_bluebird

Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 am

Agreed its not rocket science , RED =$

Tue May 15, 2012 11:57 am

Agreed its not rocket science , RED =$

Tue May 15, 2012 1:11 pm

[quote="Steve the Tea TM (c)"]From my perspective there is no such thing as luck. The teams that win things are the best teams. A bad team in blue or red is still a bad team. A good team in blue or red is still a good team. The colour of the shirt has no bearing on whether the team plays well or not.

StT.
[/q

Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

I am not disagreeing with you b_b.

Let me say it again but in a different way:

It is a superstition in the Far East that the colour red and dragons bring success. To link both or either in this way is ridiculous because there is no difference between a unicorn and a dragon on one hand or red and blue on the other. There is no difference between colours apart from the perception of the one viewing them. Both mythical creatures and both colours have no innate ability to bring success. One is neither better or worse than another. It is only the Eastern mind’s reasoning , ‘that makes … [it] more appealing and attractive.’ This is so, as you say because it is, you say lucky, but I would say superstition. There is no such thing as luck; but superstition are things we do or think based on no evidence:

Superstition Def [http://www.thefreedictionary.com/superstition]:
1. An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome.
2. a. A belief, practice, or rite irrationally maintained by ignorance of the laws of nature or by faith in magic or chance.
b. A fearful or abject state of mind resulting from such ignorance or irrationality.
c. Idolatry.

StT.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Red is lucky. Well it is to VT, and he has £100m :(

Tue May 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Sorry to say but - Its Blue for me on a wet Tuesday evening at Halifax :D

Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Sorry to say but - Its Blue for me on a wet Tuesday evening at Halifax :D

Walsall for me. Losing 6-3 to the Saddlers in the mid 80s was one of the highlights of my time supporting Cardiff City. That was a wet Tuesday night, too. I think we numbered less than 100 away fans that night. Please don't call me a "real fan" or a "true fan" because I'm not, due to the fact that a certain amount of identity matters to me.

P.S. Some of the above was said in jest, none of it is a lie, though - or is it?

Tue May 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Sorry to say but - Its Blue for me on a wet Tuesday evening at Halifax :D

Walsall for me. Losing 6-3 to the Saddlers in the mid 80s was one of the highlights of my time supporting Cardiff City. That was a wet Tuesday night, too. I think we numbered less than 100 away fans that night. Please don't call me a "real fan" or a "true fan" because I'm not, due to the fact that a certain amount of identity matters to me.

P.S. Some of the above was said in jest, none of it is a lie, though - or is it?

I have to agree with you, but, if my club goes pop because I don't like a colour.. :(

We will keep the bluebird and we will always be Cardiff City FC!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 3:01 pm

You probably have a point. What irritates me is that if the fans were told this was the strategy in the meeting last Tuesday then it may have won a few more people over! Indeed, if it was handled more delicately, with fans being told it was just an option that was being discussed and that the club would engage with fan groups before going ahead then that would also have calmed many down. Instead the message was, tough shit, it's non-negotiable, this is happening and it's all because Vincent Tan thinks its lucky!!!!!! In short, it was a complete shambles from the club and nothing short of a PR disaster.

Tue May 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:

You probably have a point. What irritates me is that if the fans were told this was the strategy in the meeting last Tuesday then it may have won a few more people over! Indeed, if it was handled more delicately, with fans being told it was just an option that was being discussed and that the club would engage with fan groups before going ahead then that would also have calmed many down. Instead the message was, tough shit, it's non-negotiable, this is happening and it's all because Vincent Tan thinks its lucky!!!!!! In short, it was a complete shambles from the club and nothing short of a PR disaster.

Well just sell red shirts!!

Tue May 15, 2012 7:55 pm

StT.

Sorry I can't agree, luck plays a huge part in a football season. That said I doubt the colour of the shirt has any bearing on luck, although we haven't had much luck in the league playing in Blue.