Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHY WE DON'T UNDERSTAND

Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 am

People are failing to understand why we need to change to red because it is an unnecessary change ,when I see evidence that red will make us lucky and propel us into the premier league like Reading FC I will consider listening,until that time I don't buy into blue being unlucky and I certainly don't think removing our nickname and badge is going to earn us promotion.I feel the change is simply a boys toys issue and which to be stopped and to add to this take a look at Leicester City they were RED hot favorites to get promoted because of investment and look what happened.This great clubs fans have been torn in two over a pathetic business decision which they couldn't even keep secret.If the Malaysians get their way and we are not promoted next year I believe this club will be in bigger trouble than it is now and I hope all the fans who buy into the RED theory come back on here and say their piece if we fail,if we succeed I will reluctantly say I was wrong only because I am a bluebirds fan not a dragons fan.

Re: WHY WE DON'T UNDERSTAND

Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 am

dazzyt wrote:People are failing to understand why we need to change to red because it is an unnecessary change ,when I see evidence that red will make us lucky and propel us into the premier league like Reading FC I will consider listening,until that time I don't buy into blue being unlucky and I certainly don't think removing our nickname and badge is going to earn us promotion.I feel the change is simply a boys toys issue and which to be stopped and to add to this take a look at Leicester City they were RED hot favorites to get promoted because of investment and look what happened.This great clubs fans have been torn in two over a pathetic business decision which they couldn't even keep secret.If the Malaysians get their way and we are not promoted next year I believe this club will be in bigger trouble than it is now and I hope all the fans who buy into the RED theory come back on here and say their piece if we fail,if we succeed I will reluctantly say I was wrong only because I am a bluebirds fan not a dragons fan.

Good point that money doesnt buy succeess so just ask fans of Leicester , Swansea and Reading what they think ? Trouble is tho I feel City AND the other clubs will soon become undone by the new rules being introduced by the FA / FL ..... so maybe NOW is the only time to invest big into CCFC . But Im still not convinced 100% that turing red will change anything .

Tue May 15, 2012 11:20 am

It's not about being lucky or unlucky it's about shirt sales and bringing Asian culture I.e red and dragon closer to welsh culture I.e red and dragon somthing which both cultures have in common with each other :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

Tiger wrote:It's not about being lucky or unlucky it's about shirt sales and bringing Asian culture I.e red and dragon closer to welsh culture I.e red and dragon somthing which both cultures have in common with each other :ayatollah:

I know what you mean there with the culture etc leading to the money ..... but will money buy success for all the changes ?

Tue May 15, 2012 11:25 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
Tiger wrote:It's not about being lucky or unlucky it's about shirt sales and bringing Asian culture I.e red and dragon closer to welsh culture I.e red and dragon somthing which both cultures have in common with each other :ayatollah:

I know what you mean there with the culture etc leading to the money ..... but will money buy success for all the changes ?

If these Malaysian want to make money the have to get us to the premier leauge, money buys success if you get the right players look at man city

Tue May 15, 2012 11:27 am

Tiger wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

If these Malaysian want to make money the have to get us to the premier leauge, money buys success if you get the right players look at man city

At the mo by the sounds we need the money just to survive ?

Tue May 15, 2012 11:28 am

it certainly wont guarentee sucess but it would certainly help us if you bought too class strickers and wingers from it we would be very close to going up we would prob go up autos but its always a risk so take the risk and see where it leads us is what i say

Tue May 15, 2012 11:29 am

Tiger wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

Tiger if they wanted prem football they would have ploughed in the so called mystery 100million or even 10million in to the squad when we needed it in jan while in 2nd spot two points off top where even dai hunt knew we needed players to push on and are manager playing the banjo about it if we was to push on yet he played it for 7months in the media, thats the bottom line . I can not grasp whats so diffrent from then to now with fans views even before a balls been kicked :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 11:31 am

Some these posts make me laugh.

It's not about it being lucky or about shirt sales, its about getting investors from Asia interested, Asian tv rights etc. Can't you see the potential there? Bare in mind the Asian markets are growing rapidly.

Honestly, some Cardiff fans will ruin this club.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 am

Tiger wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

Man city spent 1 billion pounds on players transfer fees and their wages in 4 years. Something like that. Once there owners leave expect them to be in big shit. Because i cant imagen anyone else doing that. They could not be allowed to qualify for the champions league in a few seasons time because they loose so much money. Sure i seen awhile ago if you lose so much you will not be allowed to enter the competition.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:39 am

f**k it I don't know what's going on or what's going to happen blue or red who gives a f**k :D

Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am

Tiger wrote:f**k it I don't know what's going on or what's going to happen blue or red who gives a f**k :D

CHILLAX TIGER PUT ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE ;) and await the outcome it will either be red or people will blame the fans why there pulled out for having there own views , thats whats comming :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 11:45 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Tiger wrote:f**k it I don't know what's going on or what's going to happen blue or red who gives a f**k :D

CHILLAX TIGER PUT ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE ;) and await the outcome it will either be red or people will blame the fans why there pulled out for having there own views , thats whats comming :ayatollah:

Can't wait to be honest :shock:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Some these posts make me laugh.

It's not about it being lucky or about shirt sales, its about getting investors from Asia interested, Asian tv rights etc. Can't you see the potential there? Bare in mind the Asian markets are growing rapidly.

Honestly, some Cardiff fans will ruin this club.

WEARING RED AND CHANGING OUR BADGE WILL CHANGE OUR SITUATION WON'T IT?,HONESTLY SOME PEOPLE ARE DELUDED!
WHY NOT PUSH THE RED AWAY KIT IN MALAYSIA?I THINK WE NEED TO GET FANS FROM SOUTH WALES FILLING THE GROUND FOR PLAY OFF SEMI'S FIRST DON'T YOU?

Tue May 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:It's not about it being lucky or about shirt sales, its about getting investors from Asia interested, Asian tv rights etc. Can't you see the potential there? Bare in mind the Asian markets are growing rapidly.

No. Do you know how much rights for the Premier League sell for in Malaysia? Do you know how much Man United make from shirt sales in Malaysia?

Not as much as you think mate. Don't call us idiots either. It makes you look like a retard.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:42 pm

It's not about you, or me or any fan seeings a benefit. It's about VT, if he can see potential there then it's (basically) his club and his money each month.

It'd be great if fans were consulted on these things and a consensus taken every time, but that's not going to happen and rarley happens in most businesses.