Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUR HISTORY IS ALL IN THE PAST!

Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 am

What the hell is all this nonsense about our history being taken away, I was at Ninian park on a stinking wet freezing night one December night in 1970, when there were 822 people present a few blue shirts because they wern't popular to wear then,that was my history,45 thousand fans at Ninian park when City beat Real Madrid, that was my history, watching Ivor Alchurch the best player ever to wear a City shirt, John Charles that was my history, watching Cardiff City playing in a cup final in black that was my history, going down Ninian Park on wet Saturday aftternoon pouring down with rain on a sand covered pitch no no grass,
the ball travelling no more than 2yards because it got bogged down,half time match called off, go and have a pint, that is my history and nobody can take that away from me.
Saturday afternoon in May 2012 not one single person wearing a City top, not one seen since the end of the season, that's modern day history, and that's a fact.

Re: OUR HISTORY IS ALL IN THE PAST!

Tue May 15, 2012 2:32 pm

EL JEFE wrote:What the hell is all this nonsense about our history being taken away, I was at Ninian park on a stinking wet freezing night one December night in 1970, when there were 822 people present a few blue shirts because they wern't popular to wear then,that was my history,45 thousand fans at Ninian park when City beat Real Madrid, that was my history, watching Ivor Alchurch the best player ever to wear a City shirt, John Charles that was my history, watching Cardiff City playing in a cup final in black that was my history, going down Ninian Park on wet Saturday aftternoon pouring down with rain on a sand covered pitch no no grass,
the ball travelling no more than 2yards because it got bogged down,half time match called off, go and have a pint, that is my history and nobody can take that away from me.
Saturday afternoon in May 2012 not one single person wearing a City top, not one seen since the end of the season, that's modern day history, and that's a fact.

Ah, the good old days!

:lol:

Sorry, you're not about to kill yourself, are you?

:shock:

Re: OUR HISTORY IS ALL IN THE PAST!

Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 pm

:lol: