Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans leaders

Tue May 15, 2012 10:30 am

I have been trying to put my views across on these fan leaders but in the process I am upsetting a lot of people and I don't want that. To try and put it in a way that won't upset anyone is bloody hard because a lot of these people I have the upmost respect for.
For one they are not elected to represent the fans and with so many different view points how can they represent the fans they can only represent there own views.

Now I am not saying any of them have done this but a successful businessman will keep there friends close and enemies closer, now what any owner needs to do is get the fans leaders on there side and it's job done.
In my view if we were to have these fan leaders they should be democratically elected every year then if the supporters have felt they have not been represented then they can vote him out, less chance of them being bought or influenced by the owners.

Annis I admit I agree with him a lot but not on everything but I stl say everyone should be elected. And the only fair way 2/3 fans leaders that are elected.

Carl said above that the Malaysians are bankrolling this club to the tune of 1M every month, but I am asking what debts are being paid off if any ? But if the debs aren't being paid of we are not living to our means and that is bad management. Who agreed to pay Earnie and Miller 45K a week between them ? Certainly wasn't the fans. Live to our means,look I can't afford a Porche so I haven't got one I drive a Mondeo. I don't want instant success I want this club to be run properly.

Again I have no intention of upsetting any one Friend or foe but this is my belief and that is why I put this down. I am constantly being accused of being up Annis's arse in fact more often than not I am a pain for him but I know he does respect me for having my own views and sticking to them.

Re: Fans leaders

Tue May 15, 2012 10:51 am

steve

i am your leader and dont you forget it ;)

wasnt gary glitter once a leader too :o

Tue May 15, 2012 10:56 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I have been trying to put my views across on these fan leaders but in the process I am upsetting a lot of people and I don't want that. To try and put it in a way that won't upset anyone is bloody hard because a lot of these people I have the upmost respect for.
For one they are not elected to represent the fans and with so many different view points how can they represent the fans they can only represent there own views.

Now I am not saying any of them have done this but a successful businessman will keep there friends close and enemies closer, now what any owner needs to do is get the fans leaders on there side and it's job done.
In my view if we were to have these fan leaders they should be democratically elected every year then if the supporters have felt they have not been represented then they can vote him out, less chance of them being bought or influenced by the owners.

Annis I admit I agree with him a lot but not on everything but I stl say everyone should be elected. And the only fair way 2/3 fans leaders that are elected.

Carl said above that the Malaysians are bankrolling this club to the tune of 1M every month, but I am asking what debts are being paid off if any ? But if the debs aren't being paid of we are not living to our means and that is bad management. Who agreed to pay Earnie and Miller 45K a week between them ? Certainly wasn't the fans. Live to our means,look I can't afford a Porche so I haven't got one I drive a Mondeo. I don't want instant success I want this club to be run properly.

Again I have no intention of upsetting any one Friend or foe but this is my belief and that is why I put this down. I am constantly being accused of being up Annis's arse in fact more often than not I am a pain for him but I know he does respect me for having my own views and sticking to them.

Up your own arse maybe but not annis's from what i can tell :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 11:06 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I have been trying to put my views across on these fan leaders but in the process I am upsetting a lot of people and I don't want that. To try and put it in a way that won't upset anyone is bloody hard because a lot of these people I have the upmost respect for.

Oh dear I can see this being cut and pasted straight onto the Supporters' Trust Website :oops:

TBH I think the correct people do attend these meeting as they are the most influencial with a track record in this kind of thing. If you think that the anti-red brigade is under represented then I'm sure a spot can be found for you next time they meet with the club.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:08 am

Nukes, I dont know you and have never met you, but my views and the consistent stance you took over the re-branding puts us on a level footing, keep saying what you believe in and dont lose any sleep over it. Another good post :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 am

So theoretically if you had voted for these fans leaders, and none of them had the same view point as you.. then what?

seems to me you just want somebody on board waving the anti red flag, and for once I don't disagree. But that method is flawed.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 am

At the end of the day the only official go between between the fans and the CCFC board should ONLY be the Trust surely nowadays ?? With all due respects to others some of whom even appeared on the Welsh news their views and opinions were just that , theirs . Time for the Trust to now stand up and be counted and become the NEW fans leaders ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 11:15 am

Martyn1963 wrote:At the end of the day the only official go between between the fans and the CCFC board should ONLY be the Trust surely nowadays ?? With all due respects to others some of whom even appeared on the Welsh news their views and opinions were just that , theirs . Time for the Trust to now stand up and be counted and become the NEW fans leaders ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I sort of agree with that but the Trust has always suffered from weak and indecisive leadership. That has to be address first.

Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 am

Martyn1963 wrote:At the end of the day the only official go between between the fans and the CCFC board should ONLY be the Trust surely nowadays ?? With all due respects to others some of whom even appeared on the Welsh news their views and opinions were just that , theirs . Time for the Trust to now stand up and be counted and become the NEW fans leaders ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

In an ideal world you may be right, but there's many thousands of Cardiff City followers and the last figure I heard of our fans being trust members, was around the 1,000 mark, if I'm not mistaken! :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I sort of agree with that but the Trust has always suffered from weak and indecisive leadership. That has to be address first.

I know that Tony ..... but its time City's Trust took on fans leaders so that our Trust is like any other in the UK . Never know 1 day we even get fans leaders , supporters club spokesmen etc all pulling togethor in same direction ??

Tue May 15, 2012 11:32 am

I'm Sparticus :D

Tue May 15, 2012 11:33 am

Marc wrote:I'm Sparticus :D

I'm Spartacus! :mrgreen:

Tue May 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Annis the point Im making is maybe its time for a new look Trust with new look leaders etc ..... then and only then could the new Trust talk to City's board ?

Tue May 15, 2012 1:08 pm

I didn't even know we had fans leaders pfft who's representing llanrumney-st mellons bluebirds so I know who to complain to when I got a grievance then lol?

Tue May 15, 2012 1:12 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:I didn't even know we had fans leaders pfft who's representing llanrumney-st mellons bluebirds so I know who to complain to when I got a grievance then lol?

That would be the South West Newport rep, have a word with Annis ;)

Tue May 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:I didn't even know we had fans leaders pfft who's representing llanrumney-st mellons bluebirds so I know who to complain to when I got a grievance then lol?

That would be the South West Newport rep, have a word with Annis ;)

Cheers mate :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 pm

To be fair I think its a tag that was given by the media rather than the club or the people themselves.

Like them or not, some of these people put a lot of hours and effort into organising things for the supporters, and I think its natural the club ask these people their opinions.

I dont expect the club to ask every single person on the database their opinion. Its not practical.

I dont recall Annis or Carl say they were speaking on behalf of this board, how could they, its a divided opinion, as far as I can see they just gave their own opinion.

To be honest Nukes you are meant to be Annis' mate, I can see why hes getting uptight when you keep jibing about "Fans leaders" this and that.

Tue May 15, 2012 1:40 pm

polo wrote:To be fair I think its a tag that was given by the media rather than the club or the people themselves.

Like them or not, some of these people put a lot of hours and effort into organising things for the supporters, and I think its natural the club ask these people their opinions.

I dont expect the club to ask every single person on the database their opinion. Its not practical.

I dont recall Annis or Carl say they were speaking on behalf of this board, how could they, its a divided opinion, as far as I can see they just gave their own opinion.

To be honest Nukes you are meant to be Annis' mate, I can see why hes getting uptight when you keep jibing about "Fans leaders" this and that.

Just because i am his mate doesn't mean i cant have my own opinion. I am not a puppet Polo. And also i never said ask everyone on the data base either as that cant be done. But if someone talks with the Malaysians and then told to keep quiet on the subject that is not right, and unfair on that person as well.
I have also stated that they do superb work helping fans and i recognise that fact wholeheartedly. If i got a problem at the footy i would not hesitate to get there opinion or help, hearts of gold, but i have said why i don't think should be at these meetings unalected.

Tue May 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Im not saying you have to agree with him Nukes, of course not, you are missing my point, I dont recall Annis proclaiming to be a "Fans Leader" and he gets enough abuse of others mocking him of this title, without his own mates joining in.

That was my point.

As I understand it anyway they were not there to represent the whole fan base, they were there representing themselves.

Tue May 15, 2012 1:55 pm

polo wrote:Im not saying you have to agree with him Nukes, of course not, you are missing my point, I dont recall Annis proclaiming to be a "Fans Leader" and he gets enough abuse of others mocking him of this title, without his own mates joining in.

That was my point.

As I understand it anyway they were not there to represent the whole fan base, they were there representing themselves.

Have i ever said he was ?

Tue May 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:Im not saying you have to agree with him Nukes, of course not, you are missing my point, I dont recall Annis proclaiming to be a "Fans Leader" and he gets enough abuse of others mocking him of this title, without his own mates joining in.

That was my point.

You keep calling them "Fans Leaders" adding fuel to the flame when I think you know he hasnt proclaimed that.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:01 pm

polo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

That was my point.

You keep calling them "Fans Leaders" adding fuel to the flame when I think you know he hasnt proclaimed that.

:? :? I was on about the ones that had there meetings with the hierarchy. So say a representation of the fans. And fans leaders, Fans representatives, what ever they are called, but they are the one's giving there voice.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:01 pm

who in there right mind would want to be the spokesman
for are fans,after all that gone on this week.
the name calling,racist comments child comments,then we expect
the "spokesman

who in there right mind would want to take the position of "spokesman"
for the fans after some off the comments gone on this week.
threats,racist comments,childish comments,stupid photos of maly womewn
offering bj,then we expect a person to go in an speak on are behalf of us
they would be more brave than me.
i think as fans we have let are selfs down big time what ever side we are on

Tue May 15, 2012 2:08 pm

sleepers wrote:who in there right mind would want to be the spokesman
for are fans,after all that gone on this week.
the name calling,racist comments child comments,then we expect
the "spokesman

who in there right mind would want to take the position of "spokesman"
for the fans after some off the comments gone on this week.
threats,racist comments,childish comments,stupid photos of maly womewn
offering bj,then we expect a person to go in an speak on are behalf of us
they would be more brave than me.
i think as fans we have let are selfs down big time what ever side we are on

You on something ?

Tue May 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Oh I give up Im too busy im trying to finish my work for holidays.

I dont recall Annis say he was leading or representing anyone but himself but there you go.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm

polo wrote:Oh I give up Im too busy im trying to finish my work for holidays.

I dont recall Annis say he was leading or representing anyone but himself but there you go.

I never fooking said Annis :roll:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

lies nukes :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm

So you were reffering to everyone in the meeting except carl and annis :lol: :lol: :lo

Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

the laptop playin up so no i not on anything mate,your one knob

Tue May 15, 2012 2:28 pm

sleepers wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

the laptop playin up so no i not on anything mate,your one knob

Well re type what you was trying to say !! Reading between the lines it was a dig at me