Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF WE PLAY IN BLUE AND HAVE LESS INVESTMENT...

Tue May 15, 2012 10:00 am

Will the same people who have grizzled so much about change complain at how shit we are next season?

I dont ever want to read any of you criticising the board, management or players ever again on here.

We had our chance to be good and you didnt want it. thats fine but dont moan when we're shit!

THAT IS ALL

Re: IF WE PLAY IN BLUE AND HAVE LESS INVESTMENT...

Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 am

agreed

Tue May 15, 2012 10:04 am

thehumblegringo wrote:Will the same people who have grizzled so much about change complain at how shit we are next season?

I dont ever want to read any of you criticising the board, management or players ever again on here.

We had our chance to be good and you didnt want it. thats fine but dont moan when we're shit!

THAT IS ALL

So because most fans do not want to play in red and prefer blue nobody can say anything about whats going on during a game if you think people on the internet will change VT mind to weather we play in pink or blue then log off now please for your own good, its just peoples opinions online :lol: come on gringo your clutching at straws :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 10:06 am

thehumblegringo wrote:Will the same people who have grizzled so much about change complain at how shit we are next season?

THAT IS ALL

I can see a lot of people not posting on here again, if things don't go a lot of fans ways this afternoon.
There will be abuse flying around all over the site.

Just not worth the hassle sometimes. :(
Why do some fans Cardiff fans verbally abuse other Cardiff fans?
Just respect each others opinion.

Tue May 15, 2012 10:07 am

I do think people on the internet can change VT's mind and i believe if waht gwyn has siad is true, people on the internet have changed VT's mind.

Tue May 15, 2012 10:09 am

thehumblegringo wrote:I do think people on the internet can change VT's mind and i believe if waht gwyn has siad is true, people on the internet have changed VT's mind.

I can assure you, all the Cardiff message boards are being read.

;)

Tue May 15, 2012 10:11 am

SBF1 wrote:

THAT IS ALL

I can see a lot of people not posting on here again, if things don't go a lot of fans ways this afternoon.
There will be abuse flying around all over the site.

Just not worth the hassle sometimes. :(
Why do some fans Cardiff fans verbally abuse other Cardiff fans?
Just respect each others opinion.

i am gonna ask for a ban and to block my i.p from even viewing the site. I'll be honest i've had a titful. My missus thinks i'm loopy, constantly losing my head over a football message board.

I'll be honest there have been wounds on both sides through this and i personally dont want anything to do with some people on here

Tue May 15, 2012 10:15 am

We've been utter shit before and I loved the club to bits. Position/status is irrelevant. Identity however is everything. The colour change will not work in terms of increased income streams for the Malaysians. :roll:

Sorry to repeat this but

Look, it is quite simple, they want to change the shirt to sell more so that they can invest in the club and make it successful/PROBLEM IS it is success that sells shirts in the first place. We aren't going to sell the shirts in Asia until we win the Champions League. If Malaysia's top player was to play for us we'd sell a stack for sure but that'd be the case blue or red. We aren't going to sell out but we are selling out.

Apart from Spain (recently) I didn't see that colour making any headway on the International scene. I would bet that Brazil/Argentina shirts still outsell Spanish shirts in Asia. It's not the colour, it's the relative style and success of the team. I should imagine they sell a ship-load of Real Madrid shirts. If Chelsea win the Champions League this week and they do it in style, they'll sell well out there. If Everton were as successful as Manchester United and Liverpool then blue shirts would be seen everywhere. :roll:

Tue May 15, 2012 10:22 am

Occasional Violins wrote:We've been utter shit before and I loved the club to bits. Position/status is irrelevant. Identity however is everything. The colour change will not work in terms of increased income streams for the Malaysians. :roll:

Sorry to repeat this but

Look, it is quite simple, they want to change the shirt to sell more so that they can invest in the club and make it successful/PROBLEM IS it is success that sells shirts in the first place. We aren't going to sell the shirts in Asia until we win the Champions League. If Malaysia's top player was to play for us we'd sell a stack for sure but that'd be the case blue or red. We aren't going to sell out but we are selling out.

Apart from Spain (recently) I didn't see that colour making any headway on the International scene. I would bet that Brazil/Argentina shirts still outsell Spanish shirts in Asia. It's not the colour, it's the relative style and success of the team. I should imagine they sell a ship-load of Real Madrid shirts. If Chelsea win the Champions League this week and they do it in style, they'll sell well out there. If Everton were as successful as Manchester United and Liverpool then blue shirts would be seen everywhere. :roll:

My argument isn't about success. My argument is that a lot of the same people who are adament we wear blue under any ciecumstances are the same people who slagged off everything about our team and club WHEN WE WERE IN AND AROUND THE TOP 6 ALL SEASON LAST YEAR!
My answer to your other point is that VT was clearly willing to make us successful if we were willing to compromise with him. Sunday, monday, tuesday showed we weren't so maybe he's letting us wallow in the mud. All this second part is guess work but gives food for thought!

Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 am

Gringo
What is it with tshese one eyed fans spouting absolute rubbish regarding the change if colour. Since I was 11 I have been a Cardiff City supporter Ii'm now 62 and this is the very first time we could actually make a go in the EPL & possibly Europe.

These fans need to wake up and smell the coffee as if these genuine guys walk away that's the end of our club. No if or buts its gone end of. Some of you doubting Thomas' have probably just left school so if you have ask loder fans about our historic debt, then go and get a book about our so called history and look at the different colours and bag
Dges we've had since we played under Riverside FC.

Tue May 15, 2012 10:42 am

thehumblegringo wrote:My argument isn't about success. My argument is that a lot of the same people who are adament we wear blue under any ciecumstances are the same people who slagged off everything about our team and club WHEN WE WERE IN AND AROUND THE TOP 6 ALL SEASON LAST YEAR!
My answer to your other point is that VT was clearly willing to make us successful if we were willing to compromise with him. Sunday, monday, tuesday showed we weren't so maybe he's letting us wallow in the mud. All this second part is guess work but gives food for thought!

I fully understand anyone that backs the proposals, it could be the only thing that keeps the club going. It makes sense in so many ways but to me it wouldn't be the club I grew up with in anything other than name and it is a step too far. The only reason that people want this to go through is the money. That's the way football is and perhaps a good reason to walk away.

As I've said frequently, I wish all that stay loyal to the name and any newcomers that approve the very best, after all the club is still representing my area. However if I knew this was coming I would not have got my tattoo back in 1994 and would not have renewed for my son and I in the Canton Stand for next season. I put myself in severe financial straits by doing so and this club is the only thing I do that for; much to the chagrin of my wife (though she loves the peace and quiet).

I've explained why I don't think it will work and know of a number of friends who feel the same way. It would seem then to me to hurt the income streams rather than improve them but as many others have said, these guys are money-men and you would hope they have done the research and know what they are doing.

Tue May 15, 2012 10:47 am

Occasional Violins wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:My argument isn't about success. My argument is that a lot of the same people who are adament we wear blue under any ciecumstances are the same people who slagged off everything about our team and club WHEN WE WERE IN AND AROUND THE TOP 6 ALL SEASON LAST YEAR!

I fully understand anyone that backs the proposals, it could be the only thing that keeps the club going. It makes sense in so many ways but to me it wouldn't be the club I grew up with in anything other than name and it is a step too far. The only reason that people want this to go through is the money. That's the way football is and perhaps a good reason to walk away.

As I've said frequently, I wish all that stay loyal to the name and any newcomers that approve the very best, after all the club is still representing my area. However if I knew this was coming I would not have got my tattoo back in 1994 and would not have renewed for my son and I in the Canton Stand for next season. I put myself in severe financial straits by doing so and this club is the only thing I do that for; much to the chagrin of my wife (though she loves the peace and quiet).

I've explained why I don't think it will work and know of a number of friends who feel the same way. It would seem then to me to hurt the income streams rather than improve them but as many others have said, these guys are money-men and you would hope they have done the research and know what they are doing.

Very heartfelt post there mate. :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 10:50 am

Good reply occasional violins (your post was too long to highlight on my phone :D)
:ayatollah: