Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What do we need ?

Tue May 15, 2012 7:15 am

From the meeting today ? We do need the Malaysians that's for sure but it has left me concerned that they believe that luck is missing from Cardiff City and that they are trying to fix this with kit colour.
What we need is someone who is canny and a proper Football man that can get the right staff in the right positions, living within our means, and would assure we move forward and get stronger. The reason why we came up short last season was simple our squad was far to small, every man and his dog knew that we needed some fresh faces coming in around January.
But this did not happen , Craig Conway was injured and we had no one to step in his place. Now this is not bad luck just bad leadership.
Even Swansea got Boroni with there push for the Prem and that was a master stroke. But where is our canny Chairman that can sort something like that.
But I would finally say to the Malaysians stop punishing the supporters when it's the directors and Chairmen past and present that are 100% responsible for the shit we are in.

Re: What do we need ?

Tue May 15, 2012 7:21 am

honestly!!! thats all we wanted for many years.

why didn't we strengthen in January..?

why has the debts raisen so much..?

whats the deal with langston..?

Tue May 15, 2012 7:44 am

Nuclearblue wrote:From the meeting today ? We do need the Malaysians that's for sure but it has left me concerned that they believe that luck is missing from Cardiff City and that they are trying to fix this with kit colour.
What we need is someone who is canny and a proper Football man that can get the right staff in the right positions, living within our means, and would assure we move forward and get stronger. The reason why we came up short last season was simple our squad was far to small, every man and his dog knew that we needed some fresh faces coming in around January.
But this did not happen , Craig Conway was injured and we had no one to step in his place. Now this is not bad luck just bad leadership.
Even Swansea got Boroni with there push for the Prem and that was a master stroke. But where is our canny Chairman that can sort something like that.
But I would finally say to the Malaysians stop punishing the supporters when it's the directors and Chairmen past and present that are 100% responsible for the shit we are in.

Firstly we need a decision from the meeting about the way we go forward, positive leadership and if that means Red shirts so be it as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe for one second that the motivation behind this proposal is that VT believes Red is a luckier colour than Blue, for me it's about money pure and simple as TG & VT believe they have a better chance to market a Red kit in Asia than the Blue. For me the only thing they are trying to fix are income streams and not luck on the pitch.

We need this decision because as you say this summer we need the shortfalls in our squad sorted out and we cannot have a situation like last year when we are rushing players in around pre season. MM is having the predicted clear out and he needs the decks cleared so he can rebuild the squad for the new season and hopefully we will have a more balanced squad with 2 players for each position. This for me is a must.

I don't understand the comment about the Malaysians punishing the fans, How :? If it's the rebranding thing then for me that's just business, nothing personal and certainly not punishment.

I want to see our team play in Blue as we always have but if changing helps us maintain a squad capable of competing at the higher end of the Championship then so be it. I have watched the City for 47 years and I love the club and no rebranding will ever change the way I feel, we are Cardiff City, The Bluebirds and that will never change in my heart nor will it in others.

Even in Red shirts next season there is no way you won't hear "Bluebirds" being sung around the Cardiff City Stadium at Home matches and in that respect it will take at least two generations for our current fan base to forget our heritage.

Red shirts bring it on changes nothing for me except the colour of the shirts.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 7:55 am

Chief sorry I can't agree. Yes the hierarchy is punishing the fans for there mistakes and downfall. And the ones who think like me feel it won't be our club any more with these changes. So yes they are punishing US !!
And yes they said red will sell better in Asia. So sell the Fooking red away kit in Asia. They won't know it isn't the home kit as they ain't interested in us are they? But he did say red is there lucky colour and another reason why he wanted change.
Mind you half of them will be suicidal now Man Ure have lost the title to the BLUE of Manchester.

Tue May 15, 2012 8:02 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Chief sorry I can't agree. Yes the hierarchy is punishing the fans for there mistakes and downfall. And the ones who think like me feel it won't be our club any more with these changes. So yes they are punishing US !!
And yes they said red will sell better in Asia. So sell the Fooking red away kit in Asia. They won't know it isn't the home kit as they ain't interested in us are they? But he did say red is there lucky colour and another reason why he wanted change.
Mind you half of them will be suicidal now Man Ure have lost the title to the BLUE of Manchester.

Until such time as we are playing in the PL it is unlikely that the average football fan in Malaysia would have a clue who or what Cardiff City FC is and the odd appearance in a Cup Final won't help. So it is going to take one hell of a marketing campaign to see our shirts selling in big numbers and marketing campaigns cost money. Will it pay off :? who knows.

That's a good point about Man Ure big marketing opportunity for a team playing in Red shirts. ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:From the meeting today ? We do need the Malaysians that's for sure but it has left me concerned that they believe that luck is missing from Cardiff City and that they are trying to fix this with kit colour.

just a question for anyone to answer.do you think they didn,t want you promoted?surely the buying price would go up if you,d gone up?

Tue May 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Are we still thinking that the colour change is at the behest of someone that thinks its lucky?

I was under the impression that it was a marketing gamble to gain support in the Far East including the massive market in China.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Wayne S wrote:Are we still thinking that the colour change is at the behest of someone that thinks its lucky?

I was under the impression that it was a marketing gamble to gain support in the Far East including the massive market in China.

That's right and red with a dragon because they are considered lucky in that area of the world.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Red or Blue
If there is a compromise will we be marooned?

Tue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm

griff105 wrote:Red or Blue
If there is a compromise will we be marooned?

:lol: :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Nukes, Them wanting us the change to Red had nothing do to with making us more lucky.
Red is a lucky colour in Asia and is seen as a money making scheme rather than us actually receiving better luck on the pitch.
You're completely correct with everything else you say though

Tue May 15, 2012 3:20 pm

jtc wrote:

just a question for anyone to answer.do you think they didn,t want you promoted?surely the buying price would go up if you,d gone up?

seen as the questions gone unanswered ,if they didn,t want you promoted because the price might go up then who,s interests are they serving?

Tue May 15, 2012 3:21 pm

My ideal scenario would be they announce the plan is to get the Langston deal sorted and there is a commitment to trying to live within our means while challenging in the top half of the division. Stadium expansions and training facilities aren't important to me. Also a commitment to playing in blue or an offer of refunds to those fans who don't agree with the change. That will do me.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:24 pm

jtc wrote:
jtc wrote:

seen as the questions gone unanswered ,if they didn,t want you promoted because the price might go up then who,s interests are they serving?

I can't help but feel our finances have been worse than we thought these last couple of years and making losses every month, there literally was no money to spend.
Or, we were 2nd and them not being 'Football' men, thought Malky was going to do the job.
They gambled last season and it didn't pay up

Tue May 15, 2012 3:29 pm

jtc wrote:
jtc wrote:just a question for anyone to answer.do you think they didn,t want you promoted?surely the buying price would go up if you,d gone up?

It wasn't answered because it didn't make sense. Promotion may have upped the price but it would have also exponentially increased. Promoted more money to pay debts, not promoted less money but to pay a lesser price.

Tue May 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Wayne S wrote:
jtc wrote:
jtc wrote:just a question for anyone to answer.do you think they didn,t want you promoted?surely the buying price would go up if you,d gone up?

It wasn't answered because it didn't make sense. Promotion may have upped the price but it would have also exponentially increased. Promoted more money to pay debts, not promoted less money but to pay a lesser price.

wayne i would have thought promotion would have wiped some debts off.that,s what is normal.do some other fellows still have shares ?wouldn,t that make their shares more exspensive?