" PRIDE/PASSION/FANATICAL "

Mon May 14, 2012 7:31 pm

WE WERE THE BEST FANS IN THE COUNTRY.

NEVER FORGET THESE DAYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxNekjfR ... re=related :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " PRIDE/PASSION/FANATICAL "

Mon May 14, 2012 7:34 pm

"Were" the best.

We are shit now amongst the worst for sure, it's the young plasitcs who have no idea, plus Wayne Nash off course :old:

Mon May 14, 2012 7:37 pm

1 chant I never hear us sing anymore is I'll be there , only on the players entrance

Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 pm

We're not the best any more Annis, if we ever were. The grovelling to the Malaysian owners has got completely out of hand. If we roll over and accept the 're-branding', then we will be a total joke. All for a wing and a prayer. This is worse than any relegation, and I've known about 8.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Awesome vid great days and Seeing Phil Stant there was great that man was pure magic he was a genius in my eyes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: who needs cantina when we got stantona also some great players in that vid :ayatollah: blooooooooobirds

Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 pm

We still have our moments, not often enough but its still there.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:46 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:We're not the best any more Annis, if we ever were. The grovelling to the Malaysian owners has got completely out of hand. If we roll over and accept the 're-branding', then we will be a total joke. All for a wing and a prayer. This is worse than any relegation, and I've known about 8.

Couldn't agree more.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:51 pm

As you said Annis "WERE" but sadly not any more. We were loud, loyal, not to be fucked with, Intimidating, respected, What happened to us Annis ?

Mon May 14, 2012 7:54 pm

We are all spread around the stadium

Mon May 14, 2012 7:54 pm

You re mixing things up guys, that grainy video has nothing to do with the Malaysian, it is to do with modern rules of conformity and terracing.

It gave me goose bump seeing the grange "wave" when we scored but those days for that sort of crowd have been legislated away.

If we packed 8~9K in the Canton and threw away the seats we would create that sort of atmosphere again, but we can't....

I think some of you are grieving for the past and blaming the wrong people, just be glad you were there, I doubt it will ever be like that again at any club.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:55 pm

The atmosphere will be even worse next season playing red it's going to be really strange I can't get my head around it

Mon May 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:As you said Annis "WERE" but sadly not any more. We were loud, loyal, not to be fucked with, Intimidating, respected, What happened to us Annis ?

We moved grounds and the move was handled badly by hierarchy at club. The stadium has the potential for noise but location of away fans next to family stand and the Hitler like stewards has scuppered the atmosphere.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:58 pm

If they had a particular part of the stadium where the more passionate supporter could go, then maybe the atmosphere would be noticed rather than sometimes a little dull, it doesn't matter if your the loudest person in the world, if everyone around you would rather sit on there arse then no one will join in.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:00 pm

After watching that I feel gutted that it's not like this anymore.

I feel so lucky and privileged to have been there in these days!!

What a fantastic clip. When we score I always remember almost having a heart attack and it used to take me a few minutes to catch my breath and stop the burning in my chest!! Then I would have to go and find my keys and check my clothes for rips :lol:

Even when Hudson scored that wonder goal this season there was what felt to me like a ripple of applause :evil:

Most of those fans still go down I expect it's a shame it's gone like this :cry:

Mon May 14, 2012 8:02 pm

What is needed is a drum........

Mon May 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:As you said Annis "WERE" but sadly not any more. We were loud, loyal, not to be fucked with, Intimidating, respected, What happened to us Annis ?

Were dotted around the ground get us in one place and you'll see the passion is still there, Its a bit like the day with Terry Yorath at the old arms park, thousands of lads packed behind the goal in the upper tier, then they went down the path of making people sit in seat numbers all tickets etc and it was killed. :?

Mon May 14, 2012 8:12 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:We're not the best any more Annis, if we ever were. The grovelling to the Malaysian owners has got completely out of hand. If we roll over and accept the 're-branding', then we will be a total joke. All for a wing and a prayer. This is worse than any relegation, and I've known about 8.

Spot on. The caving in from so many supporters has been a sad sight. When some nutter proposed moving CCFC to Dublin 15 odd years ago we sent him packing, same when Hammam proposed changing our shirt colour, yet a decade later we are falling overselves to go red. We have become a shadow of what we once were. Where is the pride?? The word spineless springs to mind. If City run out in red home shirts at CCS in August it will be a sad day and the start of more and more of our identity being eroded. Fight it while you still can.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

We moved grounds and the move was handled badly by hierarchy at club. The stadium has the potential for noise but location of away fans next to family stand and the Hitler like stewards has scuppered the atmosphere.

TBF Gareth it isnt the Stewards. They are doing what they are told from above othersise they will be out of a job. And the stadium IMO the roof lets all the sound generated escape, For f**k sakes in the Ninian if it rains you have to be over half way up not to get wet.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

TBF Gareth it isnt the Stewards. They are doing what they are told from above othersise they will be out of a job. And the stadium IMO the roof lets all the sound generated escape, For f**k sakes in the Ninian if it rains you have to be over half way up not to get wet.

What frustrates me is that the away fans can stand for 90 minutes yet the home fans stand for 10 seconds and ravanelli and his cronies are up and down the stands threatening to chuck people out

Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Thats what Cardiff City were all about,not being bullied by Malaysians,and some high profile fans,into losing our identity.Llangainbluebird is spot on

Mon May 14, 2012 8:34 pm

I Love everything about the Ninian Park days, I watch lots of old football vids, I am young and even I can say I hate everything about Modern Football!
Everything football was about has been taken away all most!
The stewards wont even let you stand in the Ninian Stand at CCS
Shocking! :(

Mon May 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:WE WERE THE BEST FANS IN THE COUNTRY.

NEVER FORGET THESE DAYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxNekjfR ... re=related :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yea try changing to Red and changing the badge back then.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:42 pm

llan bluebird wrote:You re mixing things up guys, that grainy video has nothing to do with the Malaysian, it is to do with modern rules of conformity and terracing.

It gave me goose bump seeing the grange "wave" when we scored but those days for that sort of crowd have been legislated away.

If we packed 8~9K in the Canton and threw away the seats we would create that sort of atmosphere again, but we can't....

I think some of you are grieving for the past and blaming the wrong people, just be glad you were there, I doubt it will ever be like that again at any club.

:ayatollah:
Great post mate and in my opinion you got it bang on.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:43 pm

My old mum use to reminisce about the 40s, what a wonderful time it was....I use to remind her that the country was at war.

Ninians gone boys and it ain't coming back.....got to move on, the futures bright the futures...........?

Mon May 14, 2012 8:51 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:

Spot on. The caving in from so many supporters has been a sad sight. When some nutter proposed moving CCFC to Dublin 15 odd years ago we sent him packing, same when Hammam proposed changing our shirt colour, yet a decade later we are falling overselves to go red. We have become a shadow of what we once were. Where is the pride?? The word spineless springs to mind. If City run out in red home shirts at CCS in August it will be a sad day and the start of more and more of our identity being eroded. Fight it while you still can.

Couldn't agree less. The football world is completely different from 15 years ago and I'm sad to say its all about the money. We can stand by our principles and show pride etc etc but this won't pay the bills or enable us to compete. Cardiff City will still remain and the fans will remain, the past is secured and memories lodged in minds. I fail to see how a shirt colour comes close to affecting any of this. Spineless? That's more akin to staying in your comfort zone. This change would be brave and the dawn of what could be the best era in our lifetimes

Mon May 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

Couldn't agree less. The football world is completely different from 15 years ago and I'm sad to say its all about the money. We can stand by our principles and show pride etc etc but this won't pay the bills or enable us to compete. Cardiff City will still remain and the fans will remain, the past is secured and memories lodged in minds. I fail to see how a shirt colour comes close to affecting any of this. Spineless? That's more akin to staying in your comfort zone. This change would be brave and the dawn of what could be the best era in our lifetimes

Respect your opinion but completely disagree. I am all for progress, new stadia,better facilities etc but I just don't want to see our clubs identity swallowed up to satisfy a far east market that may or may not be desperately seeking a red Cardiff City.

Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 pm

It's got to be BLUE... 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1UrCx3iKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oodQt0Sjijc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zO1plo-Zbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxNekjfR27o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8HpwlQddXg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNPBYRxTRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l81tSiNO9fc

Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Worse than relegation!!!! God I've seen some rubbish on here but you really take the biscuit. You might be happy back in division 3 or 4 (it's still 3 & 4 as far as I am concerned) but I don't want those days back thanks very much. But of course you would still be happy because we would still be playing in blue( only home games mind - I suppose you don't care what colour we wear in the other 50% of the games away from home - we even played in white the Jacks colour this season but I guess that is ok)

Mon May 14, 2012 9:20 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

Respect your opinion but completely disagree. I am all for progress, new stadia,better facilities etc but I just don't want to see our clubs identity swallowed up to satisfy a far east market that may or may not be desperately seeking a red Cardiff City.

And I certainly respect yours and I've surprised myself how I feel as back in the day I hated the change of badge under Hammam and love the blue now. But I'm up for change. All I hope is that whatever the outcome we all remember our club remains and we should make sure we continue to support them. Nobody knows the future but knowing City it won't be boring.

Mon May 14, 2012 9:52 pm

As i said to Annis on the phone i didn't watch the clip on you tube as that would really finish me off. Already on a downer with the way our Club is being run. There is nothing left of it to the one i remember. :evil: :evil: