Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

British Board of Boxing Control

Mon May 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Now getting done over - not right .

Frank warrens last desperate attempt to stop going pop !!

Who's right ?

Re: British Board of Boxing Control

Mon May 14, 2012 6:07 pm

You Daya, it's easier that way :lol:

Mon May 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Daya wrote:Now getting done over - not right .

Who's right ?

Mr Warren has a huge empire. I remember in 1995, he had the top 2 floors of the Bristol Marriott for the weekend, when Naz was fighting in Shepton Mallet.

He has to get his money from somewhere and he may have already fallen out with the BBBC, hence this strange decision to promote two street brawlers.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Daya please explain story or the link :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Daya wrote:Now getting done over - not right .

Who's right ?

Mr Warren has a huge empire. I remember in 1995, he had the top 2 floors of the Bristol Marriott for the weekend, when Naz was fighting in Shepton Mallet.

He has to get his money from somewhere and he may have already fallen out with the BBBC, hence this strange decision to promote two street brawlers.

He's skint mate - had to borrow 50k off a a member of office staff the other day .

Mon May 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Daya please explain story or the link :ayatollah:

Chief, he's got Haye fighting Chisora in Britain (Upton Park, I think) but without a British licence. He got one from Luxembourg!

Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Daya please explain story or the link :ayatollah:

Trying to stage the haye fight v Chisora at upton park with the luxe Borg board of control .

They have staged one show in 3 years !!!

Going to court - bit like the bowman ruling in football mate , European law and all that , could finish the boxing board of control Which in my opinion would not be good for British boxing

Mon May 14, 2012 6:19 pm

Bosman not bowman :-)

Mon May 14, 2012 6:39 pm

They are part of EUBoxing and the rules state other orgs can stage fights in different countries .
BBBC had the opportunity to give Chizz a Ban or suspension that would've prevented him fighting under any licensed bout.
They didn't they just revoked his British license, leaving him free.
BBBC Were informed of his intentions at the time and they did nothing.

All the side stories are planned to hype up the event even more, personally I ain't buying into this pantomime.

Haye has already contradicted himself by stating
"dels got a good chin so I will punish him for 12, if he didn't it would be over in 1"

And after Dels response of "More talk?,all u do is talk"

Haye then states " you wasn't talking when I chinned you, you was asleep for 4/5 seconds"

Folks don't buy into it, Neither of them deserve the limelight or revenue.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:42 pm

A joke of a fight between to average Boxers. I would not pay to watch it. Now if they made it into an MMA match then i would watch it :ayatollah: