Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Now the dust has settled, how do you feel about the change?

Poll ended at Thu May 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Always said and still say we must stay blue
48%
Always said and still say we should go to red
18%
Changed my mind from staying blue to going red
34%
Changed my mind from going red to staying blue
No votes

Total votes : 50

Bluebirds or Dragons? The debate continues

Mon May 14, 2012 4:59 pm

I was shocked by the proposals when they were announced, but now I fear for the security and future of the club. I have one or two doubts about the whole thing, but perhaps a legal document could be signed to make sure promises are fulfilled. I have begun to think playing in red and losing the badge, as huge a price as it is could be worth paying.

A compromise could yet be reached but im presuming we need to make this change to capture the investment.I would like to gauge opinions and also see how they have changed, could you please vote to show how you feel about it now.

http://www.newswales.co.uk/?section=Sport&F=1&id=24434

Re: Bluebirds or Dragons? The debate continues

Mon May 14, 2012 5:18 pm

I Still believe Blue is the colour
But I don't ever wont to see our club in debt and go into administration!

Mon May 14, 2012 5:23 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:I Still believe Blue is the colour
But I don't ever wont to see our club in debt and go into administration!

This ^^^^^^^

Mon May 14, 2012 5:58 pm

blue is our colour, but more importantly we need to keep the bluebird.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Interesting results so far, which seem to be roughly in-line with a poll on another forum which finished with 65% saying we should go to red. So far this poll shows out of 58% of people who voted red, 37% have changed their minds since the original announcement. I suspect that number could rise as uncertainty for the future mounts.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:18 pm

blue

Mon May 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Blue.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:25 pm

murphy wrote:blue is our colour, but more importantly we need to keep the bluebird.

My thoughts exactly, we play in white FFS

Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 pm

murphy wrote:blue is our colour, but more importantly we need to keep the bluebird.

They're one and the same imo

Mon May 14, 2012 8:30 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

That was a CHANGE KIT!. Teams play in a change kit when the home team play in a colour that clashes with your club colours...our club colours are and have been for 104 years BLUE

Mon May 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Wales No1 wrote:look at you lot, if you loved your club you would be 100% blue :lol:

If you lot loved your club you'd be 100% football fans...................rather than rugby fans on a jolly :D

Mon May 14, 2012 8:39 pm

BracklaBlue72 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

That was a CHANGE KIT!. Teams play in a change kit when the home team play in a colour that clashes with your club colours...our club colours are and have been for 104 years BLUE

I am wrong, I know this, because a lot of city historian will say it the bluebird is a relatively recent addition, but to me I support Cardiff City "the bluebirds" ie a bird that is blue. We are not referred to as the blue shirts or blues. To me the Blues are Brum or Rangers.

I do not know one person who WANTS to change anything, but if something has to go, I would let the home shirt colour go.

Mon May 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Blue shirt and a bluebird on the badge.