Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NO MENTION OF EARNSHAW LEAVING?

Mon May 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Read a few posts on the players leaving us, but no mention of Earnie, I thought someone posted that he'd been offered a deal in the USA.

Re: NO MENTION OF EARNSHAW LEAVING?

Mon May 14, 2012 5:03 pm

I think those are the players whose contract ran out.

Got to get the deadwood of the books

Mon May 14, 2012 5:03 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Read a few posts on the players leaving us, but no mention of Earnie, I thought someone posted that he'd been offered a deal in the USA.

Gwyn, Malky has to find clubs who will pay Earnie and Gerrards wages, could be tough.

Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Wasn't that back in January?

He was in the process of agreeing a deal with Vancouver Whitecaps but the Sordell deal fell through so Malky refused to let him go.

At least that's what I think happened.

Mon May 14, 2012 5:34 pm

If hes got another year left at 20 grand a week ( i think that is right) then he wont be going anywhere no -one going to match that.

i more year ok with me.

Mon May 14, 2012 5:48 pm

He has to be gone, no where near good enough.

Mon May 14, 2012 5:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He has to be gone, no where near good enough.

I told you he was shot and you shouldn't have signed him .

What a waste of 20k a week for 2 years .

Great businessmen these Malaysians :-)

Or though they got it right sacking that utter tw*t Gethin Jenkins .

Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 pm

I didnt wanted him back.

I couldn't believe people thought he was a better option than chops.

He is a legend but if I was Malky I'd have frozen him completely out the last 6months to try and force the issue.

Mon May 14, 2012 5:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I didnt wanted him back.

He is a legend but if I was Malky I'd have frozen him completely out the last 6months to try and force the issue.

At 20k a week only a mug would get frozen out unless fully paid up !

Mon May 14, 2012 6:02 pm

Your right, maybe he should get frozen out on ability then :cry:

Mon May 14, 2012 6:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Your right, maybe he should get frozen out on ability then :cry:

I heard they going to get their money worth - stick him in a red top and sit him on top of the Petronas Towers !!

Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 pm

How much is Gerrard on? I take it he's signed a new contract since joining, or were we stupid as to put him on high wages from the start?

Mon May 14, 2012 6:19 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I didnt wanted him back.

Chief Chops is shot.Literally if he doesn't pay back what is owed to some naughty Men.
Earnie could of still done a job but he needed a target Man with him, he always had, even Miller struggled in Malky's system. Nothing wrong with his system just he did not sign the right players for that, and Earnie will never play well under that. But he is far from shot fella :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 pm

I disagree on earnie, everything about his game is gone for me, his main attribute of pace and energy lost sadly. He comes on for 10mins and can't even be bothered to close down and chase. His greedyness can be an attribute at times if the finishing is good but his shooting has been wayward so it leaves me thinking what he offers. To me it's nothing....

I prefer to remember the original time here.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I disagree on earnie, everything about his game is gone for me, his main attribute of pace and energy lost sadly. He comes on for 10mins and can't even be bothered to close down and chase. His greedyness can be an attribute at times if the finishing is good but his shooting has been wayward so it leaves me thinking what he offers. To me it's nothing....

I prefer to remember the original time here.

Maybe that could be true. But a factor could also be lack of game time and the fact he isnt as fit now if he had been playing regulary.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm sure most of us on here can run around and close down for ten mins for the club we support and that's without silly money a week.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I'm sure most of us on here can run around and close down for ten mins for the club we support and that's without silly money a week.

20K a week for Earnie is a joke i agree. But it was bad ownership that done the deal. Exactly what i have been saying about all week. Bad management decisions spending beyond our means leaving us having to wear fooking red shirts next season to bring in revenue :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: We need clever/ competent football people that can get the correct staff at the correct price on the right wages, then just maybe we can prosper a s a club without the threat of going bust.

Mon May 14, 2012 6:58 pm

I was glad to see Earnie back thinking that we would see the same player that left the club but that was just sentimental bullshit. He most definately isn't the player he was I wouldn't even say he was a shadow of the player he was and we desperately need to offload him.

Forget about working with big forwards the reality is he has been in decline for a couple of years, only 9 goals in his last season with Forest from 36 games, that should have sounded the warning bells.

Right now Earnie is in the same bracket as Parkin just taking a big chunk of money out of the playing budget, money that Malkay Mackay could well do with spending on other younger, fitter and faster players.

Forget Kenny Miller as long as Joe Mason is at the club Earnie will struggle to get into the team.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Would they leave if wages not matched, I dont think they would go for less money.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:08 pm

most on hear like to forget what miller has done for us 12 goals in 57 games thats 1 every 5 games approx but hey what the f**k we not paying him as much as earnie or are we infact paying him more, by the way earnie started 8 games scored 4 goals now that looks like 1 every 2 games to me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I'm sure most of us on here can run around and close down for ten mins for the club we support and that's without silly money a week.

20K a week for Earnie is a joke i agree. But it was bad ownership that done the deal. Exactly what i have been saying about all week. Bad management decisions spending beyond our means leaving us having to wear fooking red shirts next season to bring in revenue :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: We need clever/ competent football people that can get the correct staff at the correct price on the right wages, then just maybe we can prosper a s a club without the threat of going bust.

Malky should have stopped the deal agreed.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:06 pm

How do we know he's not good enough? He never got a game, even when Miller went on an 146 game goal drought he was still first choice. If he's still here in August he has to be given a chance, he's to expensive to warm the bench.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:20 pm

bluecityblue wrote:

How do we know he's not good enough? He never got a game, even when Miller went on an 146 game goal drought he was still first choice. If he's still here in August he has to be given a chance, he's to expensive to warm the bench.

Firstly millers form has no relevance going forward.

I think there is a reason we didn't see earnie much.
The minimum I expect of any player coming on in 80mins is energy and a work ethic and he had neither.
I blame MM for brining him on but he offers the club nothing.

He will get goals at a club no doubt but he reminds me of a poor Maynard. Maynard was getting goals but the team suffererd for it.