Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So everything we campaigned for...

Tue May 15, 2012 9:49 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I know for a fact there was no money there, unless the person (who would know) would lie to me - and that would be pointless. By the way, the person who told me did a u turn and is now in favour of the change.

Craigs comment is f*cking disgusting. Allowed to joke about downsyndrome, but not about Malaysians? Low.

Well i think there was money there.

Tue May 15, 2012 9:56 am

Look, it is quite simple, they want to change the shirt to sell more so that they can invest in the club and make it successful/PROBLEM IS it is success that sells shirts in the first place. We aren't going to sell the shirts in Asia until we win the Champions League. If Malaysia's top player was to play for us we'd sell a stack for sure but that'd be the case blue or red. We aren't going to sell out but we are selling out.

Apart from Spain (recently) I didn't see that colour making any headway on the International scene. I would bet that Brazil/Argentina shirts still outsell Spanish shirts in Asia. It's not the colour, it's the relative style and success of the team. I should imagine they sell a ship-load of Real Madrid shirts. If Chelsea win the Champions League this week and they do it in style, they'll sell well out there. If Everton were as successful as Manchester United and Liverpool then blue shirts would be seen everywhere. :roll:

So the whole REBRANDING is IN MY OPINION an absolute waste of time. It's like getting Welsh fans to support a team from Patagonia that plays in the Argentine league because a couple of the players might sprechens die lingo. Most would think it irrelevant, checking out their results on the internet does not contribute financially to the club.

There was absolutely no need for the vile and disgusting name calling and there is still no need to accuse people of losing their backbone. If like me you don't like it (and I hate it with a passion), consign the club to memory and big up and wish the others who continue to support the club and any new fans all the best. The club needs the money. The club will still represent my area, it just won't represent me. :(

Tue May 15, 2012 8:36 pm

There was absolutely no need for the vile and disgusting name calling and there is still no need to accuse people of losing their backbone. If like me you don't like it (and I hate it with a passion), consign the club to memory and big up and wish the others who continue to support the club and any new fans all the best. The club needs the money. The club will still represent my area, it just won't represent me. :([/quote]

Consider this - come next season it could be the same players under the same manager in the same ground playing on the same pitch. You could well be sat next to the same people. The club will have the same history. The only change is a red shirt. Is this enough to turn your back on Cardiff City?

PS hopefully it won't the same players as we will have invested heavily :ayatollah: