Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So everything we campaigned for...

Mon May 14, 2012 4:47 pm

sleepers wrote:thanks gringo didnt know that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No problem mate, hopefully someone clever than me can answer this further and perhaps provide you a link :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Halifax93 wrote:Thankfully it's Football Association rules - you can't change the name of the club. We'd be Cardiff Dragons or something otherwise.

Very disappointed at how easily people have rolled over and agreed to the change.

No mate we'd be Cardiff City.

I'm not sure if they can change our nickname to "the dragons" but i'm pretty sure they have no intention of doing that :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Halifax93 wrote:Thankfully it's Football Association rules - you can't change the name of the club. We'd be Cardiff Dragons or something otherwise.

Very disappointed at how easily people have rolled over and agreed to the change.

There wouldnt be a name change for the simple fact they have been marketing the brand Cardiff City in Malaysia for 2 years now. thats like changing polo's to wine gums. The wrapper is a different matter and the wrapper always comes first.

When you launch a product its the packaging thats the all important key for the branding, then its the promotion.

you may well have been the first person to have gold bars for a quid - but if you put them in a brown plain box - they will sit on the shelf !

PP -- golden rule , package and promote !! be interesting to see the next stages of promotion they have planned. The content comes third.

Mon May 14, 2012 4:56 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:The influential few have used their power and influence over other fans to push for their own selfish agendas (which turning red achieves), under the guise of it being imperative for survival.

Atleast we have 2-3 people awake on this forum, that was always the plan. The brown envelope works wonders these days :ayatollah:

tell me, who are you accusing off this then. Name names unless of course, you have no proof

Mon May 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Cant some people get it through their thick heads most fans wernt influenced by anyone but the reason some turned on those against change was THE SUPERIOR ATTITUDE THEY HAD WITH ABUSIVE NAME CALLING SAYING THEY WERE THE REAL FANS

Mon May 14, 2012 5:03 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:The influential few have used their power and influence over other fans to push for their own selfish agendas (which turning red achieves), under the guise of it being imperative for survival.

Atleast we have 2-3 people awake on this forum, that was always the plan. The brown envelope works wonders these days :ayatollah:

tell me, who are you accusing off this then. Name names unless of course, you have no proof

Like you have no proof it never went on :roll:

Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:

See mate, you find it impossible to answer without a dig! I find that pathetic

That's your prerogative I suppose, but there was no intention to have a "dig" at anyone with that comment - it is purely how I see the situation, given the evidence I have to go on. Surely its better for me to say my true opinion, rather than feel I should have to hide it incase people like you think I'm having a "dig"?

Dont be sucked in by others keep strong and stand your ground or run with them :lol:

Mon May 14, 2012 5:08 pm

well lads an lasses. the choice is yours . i have my choice by getting the away kit still blue an true to my roots . same club . and the same fans . CARDIFF CITY FC , THE BLUEBIRDS, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Mon May 14, 2012 5:14 pm

How come Wimbledon was changed to MK Dons?

Mon May 14, 2012 5:20 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:77, genuine question for you. Last season you were one of main dissenters against the style of play we played last season. indeed i think was you who started calling our style 'hoofball' and you on more than one occasion freely admitted that you booed the players off.
Yes that would be correct as that what it was at times

Malky didn't have a budget to compete with the top spenders so we played a brand that made us compete in and around the top 6 all season.
I think we all clearly seen that in jan but was told diffrent from the club AGAIN

Having seen Malky's budget limitations you weren't happy with our football and didn't enjoy it. Now if the malaysians pull out and we plummet down the leagues (best realistic scenario) what makes you so confident that you will continue to pay good money to watch sub standard football week in week out?
Its funny because the other day it was all about are history, colour and so on. Now we are told IF THEY PULL OUT people are afraid of going down the leagues so we roll over and accept it while they do what they want when they want because AS FANS WE CAN NOT HAVE A SAY YET WE PAY TO WATCH ARE TEAM so saying anything vs the malaysians will get a we might leave reply if you dont bow down, If thats how some fans want to carry on living good luck but some have a conscience and would rather have some dignity intact. In two-three seasons time you will not even feel anything about cardiff city or what it was as its comming sooner or later weather it be the far east dream or bust. The people who didnt want any change off here where against it all 72hours ago now there spouting scaremongering storys about if we dont agree to it all, funny huh
Like i said, genuine question?

Mon May 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Lifes too short to be worried about colour of kit. My dads wish before he dies is to see Cardiff in the premiership and to be honest thats all i care about!!!!!!!!!!

Mon May 14, 2012 5:28 pm

CantonJack wrote:In terms if staying blue, has been lost because of a load of U-Turning bellends who decided to lick Malaysian arse as soon as there was talk of them pulling out.
No wonder people laugh at us, we're bloody pushovers

Canton jack I'm sorry but you spout sheer negativity, if you dont want the debt paid and leave this club in a sound financial footing, then keep up, you might get your wish.

Pink, red or blue who cares this club survives.

Mon May 14, 2012 5:29 pm

polo wrote:

How come Wimbledon was changed to MK Dons?

Pretty sure they changed the rules after that happened to prevent it happening again.

Although that's just what I've picked up based on message board speculation.

I just spent 30 minutes reading through the football league regs and I didn't find a section of club name/location.

Mon May 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:Don't tar everyone with the same brush!!

Those of us that didn't abuse/ threaten etc wanted to see the proposals in full - this to some extent is what we are still waiting for.

At the end of the day the malaysians are businessmen, they want to make sure that they are not throwing away their money.
If they think that by us playing in red will help them create other lines of investment and for them to recoup some of their cash, I have to accept their better judgement.

[b]Am I totally happy with it, no, but I am a realist

Next season I would rather be playing in red with our present badge than worrying about what the future holds.

We still have a club to support so why not celebrate that fact!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mon May 14, 2012 7:29 pm

If the Malaysians go back on TG's open letter of last Thursday, then they are liars. If they can lie on that, they will lie to us on anything. This grovelling has got totally out of hand. All of a sudden,it's red shirt, or no club. Rangers and Pompey are still going.

Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:If the Malaysians go back on TG's open letter of last Thursday, then they are liars. If they can lie on that, they will lie to us on anything. This grovelling has got totally out of hand. All of a sudden,it's red shirt, or no club. Rangers and Pompey are still going.

Yep but even if they pull out and look for other investors then for me i do not believe the money was there in the firt place, eitherway it wasnt there in jan so why would it be there now.
:ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 8:00 pm

There are still plenty of us who are anti red shirts, it does feel though that we are becoming more and more marginalised as opposition from fans 'leaders' (hate that term) evaporates.

Let's not throw in the towel. Keep fighting it,even though i fear that we are on the way towards becoming as despised as MK Dons.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:11 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:There are still plenty of us who are anti red shirts, it does feel though that we are becoming more and more marginalised as opposition from fans 'leaders' (hate that term) evaporates.

Let's not throw in the towel. Keep fighting it,even though i fear that we are on the way towards becoming as despised as MK Dons.

I havent thrown in the towel yet Fred Keenor, Brian Clark etc would turn in their graves, keep fighting :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:There are still plenty of us who are anti red shirts, it does feel though that we are becoming more and more marginalised as opposition from fans 'leaders' (hate that term) evaporates.

I havent thrown in the towel yet Fred Keenor, Brian Clark etc would turn in their graves, keep fighting :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You can't buy you're identity! Our identity is Blue...and the Bluebird! It's who we are ffs! :ayatollah:

Mon May 14, 2012 8:40 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:If the Malaysians go back on TG's open letter of last Thursday, then they are liars. If they can lie on that, they will lie to us on anything. This grovelling has got totally out of hand. All of a sudden,it's red shirt, or no club. Rangers and Pompey are still going.

Yeah and they are in great shape with a rosy future. FFS it's the colour of a shirt not asking City to pay baseball instead of football or move the ground to Newport. I can't see common sense and realism be classed as grovelling and even If it is then its a lot better than the shocking, ignorant, puerile garbage that came out of some people in the form of a complete over reaction.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:46 pm

We are selling our soul.If Adolf Hitler was in charge and put a swastika on the shirt Gwyn would still kiss his arse

Tue May 15, 2012 6:42 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:77, genuine question for you. Last season you were one of main dissenters against the style of play we played last season. indeed i think was you who started calling our style 'hoofball' and you on more than one occasion freely admitted that you booed the players off.

Malky didn't have a budget to compete with the top spenders so we played a brand that made us compete in and around the top 6 all season.
I think we all clearly seen that in jan but was told diffrent from the club AGAIN

Having seen Malky's budget limitations you weren't happy with our football and didn't enjoy it. Now if the malaysians pull out and we plummet down the leagues (best realistic scenario) what makes you so confident that you will continue to pay good money to watch sub standard football week in week out?
Its funny because the other day it was all about are history, colour and so on. Now we are told IF THEY PULL OUT people are afraid of going down the leagues so we roll over and accept it while they do what they want when they want because AS FANS WE CAN NOT HAVE A SAY YET WE PAY TO WATCH ARE TEAM so saying anything vs the malaysians will get a we might leave reply if you dont bow down, If thats how some fans want to carry on living good luck but some have a conscience and would rather have some dignity intact. In two-three seasons time you will not even feel anything about cardiff city or what it was as its comming sooner or later weather it be the far east dream or bust. The people who didnt want any change off here where against it all 72hours ago now there spouting scaremongering storys about if we dont agree to it all, funny huh

What i was trying to ask was if the club changed to blue but plummeted would you still go?

Tue May 15, 2012 7:54 am

thehumblegringo wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

What i was trying to ask was if the club changed to blue but plummeted would you still go?

Why would we plummet because we are blue we been blue for as long as anyone on this board remembers. :?

Tue May 15, 2012 9:01 am

bluebird1977 wrote:

Yep but even if they pull out and look for other investors then for me i do not believe the money was there in the firt place, eitherway it wasnt there in jan so why would it be there now.

100% agree, if the money was there and they REALLY wanted us to go up, we needed strengthening and Im sure Malky knew that too and put his thoughts forward, I think they just want the team to be what they want it like

Tue May 15, 2012 9:19 am

Malky M'Kay wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

100% agree, if the money was there and they REALLY wanted us to go up, we needed strengthening and Im sure Malky knew that too and put his thoughts forward, I think they just want the team to be what they want it like

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

How many times does this need to be answered

A) bids were made.
B) if your conspiracy theory does have any weight at all it would still fall down cos the malaysians would be the only ones putting money in but there would plenty getting money out! If they take over the club fully this summer they will be the sole benefactor of any returns made.

Tue May 15, 2012 9:21 am

thehumblegringo wrote:
Malky M'Kay wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

A) bids were made.
B) if your conspiracy theory does have any weight at all it would still fall down cos the malaysians would be the only ones putting money in but there would plenty getting money out! If they take over the club fully this summer they will be the sole benefactor of any returns made.

Dont waste your breath.

Tue May 15, 2012 9:32 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:
Malky M'Kay wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Yep but even if they pull out and look for other investors then for me i do not believe the money was there in the first place, eitherway it wasnt there in jan so why would it be there now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

A) bids were made.

Dont waste your breath, its like f*cking downies day out with these people.

Reported craig for name calling as you used the word "downies" lets hope you never have any kids with it. Enjoy your ban :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 9:42 am

I know for a fact there was no money there, unless the person (who would know) would lie to me - and that would be pointless. By the way, the person who told me did a u turn and is now in favour of the change.

Craigs comment is f*cking disgusting. Allowed to joke about downsyndrome, but not about Malaysians? Low.

Tue May 15, 2012 9:43 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I know for a fact there was no money there, unless the person (who would know) would lie to me - and that would be pointless. By the way, the person who told me did a u turn and is now in favour of the change.

Craigs comment is f*cking disgusting. Allowed to joke about downsyndrome, but not about Malaysians? Low.

yep thats how he rolls unless you agree with him its always names but this is lower than a snakes belly , he was quick enough trying to get some baned for racist wording last week lets see what comes of this sick vile wording from him. :oops: but i already know the answer to that NOTHING.

Tue May 15, 2012 9:45 am

I havent insulted anyone during this whole sharade, yet ive been called a sell-out, a plastic and all sorts of shit.........but i say one thing and wwwooooaaahhhhhh.....

Well guess what, your all a bunch of selfish cunts :)